Doctrine from the Book of Mormon

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

soulra wrote:That's what happens when you're spooked. You run away and bury your head in the sand. http://www.fairlds.org

no actually you are very wrong. it is what happens when every topic a poster starts is derailed.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr Danksworth »

Back on topic...more mormon doctrine

1 Nephi

Nephi is forced by "the Spirit" to kill Laban. 4:10

"The Lord hath delivered him [Laban] into thy [Nephi's] hands." -- the Spirit 4:11

The Spirit said unto me [Nephi] again: "Slay him [Laban]." 4:12

God kills bad people to achieve good ends. (The ends justify the means.) It's better to kill one person than have a whole nation die unbelievers. 4:13

Nephi obeys "the Spirit" by grabbing Laban by the hair and chopping off his head. 4:18

God destroys entire nations of "wicked" people and curses the land for their sakes. 17:37-38

God "sent fiery flying serpents" to bite people. (Num.21:6) 17:41

God will force people to eat their own flesh and drink their own blood. 21:26

The members of "the great and abominable church" (the *bleep* of all the earth) will kill each other and get drunk on their own blood. 22:13
All those that fight again Zion (Mormonism), like "that great *bleep*, that great and abominable church" will be destroyed. 22:14

The day is soon coming when God's wrath will be poured out and all proud, wicked people will be burned. 22:16-17

2 Nephi

Those who do not believe in the Messiah (Jesus) will be destroyed by fires, storms, earthquakes, war, disease, and starvation. 6:15
God will force people to eat their own flesh and drink their own blood. 6:18

"The heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner." (God plans to destroy the universe.) 8:6

Filthy people will be tormented forever in a lake of fire. 9:16

Hell is a lake of fire and brimstone where the damned are tormented forever. 9:19, 9:26

Those who don't believe or who are not baptized will be damned to hell. 9:24

Many children will die because of their unbelief. 10:2

To punish them for their iniquities, God sent famines, disease, wars, and destruction on the Jews. 10:6

God will make sweet smelling things stink, make people bald, and cause men to die in wars. 13:24-25

After God "washed away the filth" from the women and killed the men, he set up "a cloud and smoke by day" and a "flaming fire by night." 14:4-5

If you associate or gird yourself, God will break you in pieces. 18:9

God will not have mercy on orphans or widows. 19:17

God will make every man kill his brother and then force him to eat "the flesh of his own arm." 19:19-20

God will "smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips he shall slay the wicked." God must have some pretty bad breath! 21:4

On God's special day he will kill sinners with great anger, wrath, and cruelty. 23:6-9

If God can find you, he will "thrust you through," smash your children "to pieces" before your eyes, and rape your wife. 23:15-18

Children will be slaughtered for the iniquities of their fathers. 24:21

Those who are proud will be burned to death by God. 26:4

Those who kill saints and prophets will be swallowed by the earth, covered with mountains, carried away by whirlwinds, crushed by falling buildings, destroyed by thunder, lightening, earthquakes, and fire. 26:5-6

God will get the Gentiles to kill all those who "dwindle in unbelief." 26:19
Death, hell, the devil, and the "endless torment" of "the lake of fire and brimstone." 28:23

God will "smite the earth with the rod of his mouth; and with the breath of his mouth he shall slay the wicked." How's that for some bad breath? 30:9

God must burn wicked people to death. (I guess he has no choice in the matter.) 30:10
Nothing on the Internet is so serious it can't be laughed at, and nothing is as laughable as people who think otherwise.
cerealkiller
Übergod

Post by cerealkiller »

How dare you to spread lies and hatred here! This is from a hate web site!
*personal attack removed*/ferri

2 Nephi 5:21 And he had caused the cursing to come upon them, yea, even a sore cursing, because of their iniquity. For behold, they had hardened their hearts against him, that they had become like unto a flint; wherefore, as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them.
I don't try to imagine a personal God; it suffices to stand in awe at the structure of the world, insofar as it allows our inadequate senses to appreciate it.
A.Einstein
CoffeeCanuck
Lord of the Board

Post by CoffeeCanuck »

cerealkiller wrote:How dare you to spread lies and hatred here! This is from a hate web site!

2 Nephi 5:21 And he had caused the cursing to come upon them, yea, even a sore cursing, because of their iniquity. For behold, they had hardened their hearts against him, that they had become like unto a flint; wherefore, as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them.

And you wonder why a lot of us have a problem with the way you 'discuss' things.
:smt100

~D
cerealkiller
Übergod

Post by cerealkiller »

CoffeeCanuck wrote:
cerealkiller wrote:How dare you to spread lies and hatred here! This is from a hate web site!

And you wonder why a lot of us have a problem with the way you 'discuss' things.
:smt100

~D

Interesting comment considering that I only repeated what I have been told by the people of faith when I posted from their scriptures. That was the way theists 'discussed' things.
I don't try to imagine a personal God; it suffices to stand in awe at the structure of the world, insofar as it allows our inadequate senses to appreciate it.
A.Einstein
Big ned
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Big ned »

Since the passing of one of the most kind and loving men of our generation was brought up, here are some postings from his sermons. Judge for yourself what this wonderful man taught.

http://www.meridianmagazine.com/churchu ... uotes.html

http://www.ldsmag.com/churchupdate/080129talks.html
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr Danksworth »

cerealkiller wrote:*personal attack removed*/ferri

That was directed at me, and I was not offended. I actually laughed, it was a joke. :smt075
Nothing on the Internet is so serious it can't be laughed at, and nothing is as laughable as people who think otherwise.
cerealkiller
Übergod

Post by cerealkiller »

cerealkiller wrote:

Why? That was a joke as stated by the poster who it was addressed to.
A little sense of humor wouldn't hurt either.
Where were you when we (I) were called idiots, subhuman and worse?
I know you don't agree with what we have to say but a little more balanced approach to censorship would be appreciated! :smt023
A.Einstein
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

when a post is reported i do what i am supposed to. i don't go through every thread in a forum to see what is going with who where.
― Albert Einstein
cerealkiller
Übergod

Post by cerealkiller »

So you are saying that somebody reported that post as offensive that was not even addressed? And the person it was meant for, realized the post for what it was: a joke. Makes sense of course!
Anyways, I'll keep you mighty busy in the future! :123:
A.Einstein
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

cerealkiller wrote:So you are saying that somebody reported that post as offensive that was not even addressed? And the person it was meant for, realized the post for what it was: a joke. Makes sense of course!
Anyways, I'll keep you mighty busy in the future! :123:

i am saying if someone sends a report or pm's a moderator about an attack we take care of it. end of story.
― Albert Einstein
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr Danksworth »

You guys and gals are too funny. :smt014
Big ned
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Big ned »

Just watched the funeral for President Gordon B Hinckley of our church. The Prophet, Seer and Revelator that led our church for many years.

What a wonderful and loving man he was. Never a disparaging remark about anyone. Wonderful sense of humor and always so positive. He will be missed by millions.
CoffeeCanuck
Lord of the Board

Post by CoffeeCanuck »

Big ned wrote:Just watched the funeral for President Gordon B Hinckley of our church. The Prophet, Seer and Revelator that led our church for many years.

What a wonderful and loving man he was. Never a disparaging remark about anyone. Wonderful sense of humor and always so positive. He will be missed by millions.

A wonderful trait in anyone and I'm sure he will be missed by many.

~D :124:
Papa Bear
Fledgling

Post by Papa Bear »

I recently had two people from the 7th day adventist church come by to hand out some literature. I asked if they considered themselves mormons or christains and they said both. How is that possible?

In the book of revelation it states:

18 I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this book; 19if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away that person’s share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.

I mean no disrespect, but by adding the book of Mormon haven't you (and not your personally) gone against God's word?

So how can a Mormon call themselves a Christain?

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”