New LDS Prophet

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Big ned
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Big ned »

Sorry Coffee... I've been really busy. I can see that I did not explain things properly... The preexistence... I believe God the Father created all of us as spirit children... That is how we are connected as a family in the prexsitence... i don't believe we lived in the specific family unit we have now... Only that we were all brothers and sisters due to being created by God. We were the same people we are now..intelligences if you like. Some progressed more than others in the preexistence.

Satan rebelled against God's plan in the preexistence and he, along with a third of the hosts of heaven (our spirit brothers and sisters) followed him and were cast out of heaven... never to receive a physical body (which is one of the reasons we came to earth).

Satan and his followers do not live in a physical place called hell... there is no such place, but their progression has been stopped or damned due to their rebellion.

I don't believe Christ is our equal.. He was the first born in the spirit and has progressed far beyond any of us here on earth. He did speak about "going unto my Father and unto your Father" in the Bible... if we both have the same father....

Keys of the priesthood are symbolic in that they are not physical keys, but they are very real in the sense that they are bestowed on one to function in a certain capacity and when one is released from that calling, they keys no longer function with that person.

Sealing is an eternal binding power

Matthew 16:18, 19: And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

In the LDS temples (different than churches) these ordinances are performed and the earthly family unit can be sealed for eternity.

Your celery example is actually quite good in my opinion.

I know as a born again Christian you feel that once you have been born again, you are saved and that works don't enter into (except in the sense that good works naturally follow someone who is born again). We actually have fairly similar beliefs on this.

While we believe that good works are expected of someone who is converted, it is Christ who will judge all mankind on the desire of their hearts. some have certain shortcomings that they may be born with and stuggle more mightily than others with and yet in their hearts they long to do what is right... I'm not saying one way or another because it is not my place, but would they warrant consideration in the judgment for their efforts?
I believe we will be judged on the desire of our heart and our actions do dictate somewhat what our desires are. Are they necessary for salvation? I guess it depends on what you mean by salvation. But that is a whole other subject all together.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”