Jesus

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
User avatar
Nebula
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 16288
Joined: Jul 6th, 2005, 9:52 am

Re: Jesus

Post by Nebula »

Glacier wrote:
roadrunner24k wrote:This one refer to the conflict between King Saul & the future King David

And you will provide a source for this claim?

I'm thinking this is a case of wishful thinking.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
User avatar
Born_again
Guru
Posts: 5352
Joined: May 29th, 2008, 2:21 am

Re: Jesus

Post by Born_again »

According to the allegory, Jesus died for our sins. Is there any consensus about which sins? Past, present or even future sins? Was he speaking metaphorically, literally, or a dash of both?
Just curious...........
Image
I Think
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 10469
Joined: May 29th, 2008, 6:12 pm

Re: Jesus

Post by I Think »

Musta been for your sins Born, would have had to crucify him a buncha times for my sins.
We're lost but we're making good time.
User avatar
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board
Posts: 3146
Joined: Mar 7th, 2006, 8:38 am

Re: Jesus

Post by Mr Danksworth »

roadrunner24k wrote:Well you have your opinion.


Nope, not opinion, it's fact. I think you have the two confused.

roadrunner24k wrote:About what you can do with Wikipedia & Matt & Co. I am not aloud to say on here.


Sounds like you just did. Very christian of you.
Nothing on the Internet is so serious it can't be laughed at, and nothing is as laughable as people who think otherwise.
User avatar
hellomynameis
Lord of the Board
Posts: 3171
Joined: May 17th, 2007, 5:22 am

Re: Jesus

Post by hellomynameis »

Born_again wrote:According to the allegory, Jesus died for our sins. Is there any consensus about which sins? Past, present or even future sins? Was he speaking metaphorically, literally, or a dash of both?
Just curious...........

:bump:
"Books tap the wisdom of our species -- the greatest minds, the best teachers -- from all over the world and from all our history. And they're patient."
- Carl Sagan
RR24K
Lord of the Board
Posts: 3832
Joined: Sep 20th, 2008, 7:24 pm

Re: Jesus

Post by RR24K »

Glacier wrote:
roadrunner24k wrote:This one refer to the conflict between King Saul & the future King David

And you will provide a source for this claim?


The source you are looking for will be found in the Old Testament just read the story.


writerdave wrote:
Glacier wrote:
roadrunner24k wrote:This one refer to the conflict between King Saul & the future King David

And you will provide a source for this claim?

I'm thinking this is a case of wishful thinking.


That (wishful) is found as you to would do same as "Glacier". Enjoy your reading.

soulra wrote: Sounds like you just did. Very christian of you.


I said nothing about being christian, just I who reads.
User avatar
Nebula
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 16288
Joined: Jul 6th, 2005, 9:52 am

Re: Jesus

Post by Nebula »

roadrunner24k wrote:
Glacier wrote:
roadrunner24k wrote:This one refer to the conflict between King Saul & the future King David

And you will provide a source for this claim?


The source you are looking for will be found in the Old Testament just read the story.

While I am aware Saul and David are in the Old Testament, I am quite sure Red Riding Hood is not.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
RR24K
Lord of the Board
Posts: 3832
Joined: Sep 20th, 2008, 7:24 pm

Re: Jesus

Post by RR24K »

writerdave wrote:
roadrunner24k wrote:
Glacier wrote:
roadrunner24k wrote:This one refer to the conflict between King Saul & the future King David

And you will provide a source for this claim?


The source you are looking for will be found in the Old Testament just read the story.

While I am aware Saul and David are in the Old Testament, I am quite sure Red Riding Hood is not.


Okay let me spell it out for you.

Wolf = King saul
Red = David
GordonH
Grumpy Old Bleep
Posts: 33714
Joined: Oct 4th, 2008, 7:21 pm

Re: Jesus

Post by GordonH »

roadrunner24k wrote:
soulra wrote:


Spot on as usual. Matt & Co. do good work.
soulra wrote:
roadrunner24k wrote:Most if not all nursery rhyme's are born out of the bible story's.


That is patently false. Wikipedia is your friend...use it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nursery_rhyme


Well you have your opinion. About what you can do with Wikipedia & Matt & Co. I am not aloud to say on here.

Little Red Riding Hood and the Wolf

As soon as Wolf began to feel
That he would like a decent meal,
He went and knocked on Grandma's door.
When Grandma opened it, she saw
The sharp white teeth, the horrid grin,
And Wolfie said, ``May I come in?''
Poor Grandmamma was terrified,
``He's going to eat me up!'' she cried.
And she was absolutely right.
He ate her up in one big bite.
But Grandmamma was small and tough,
And Wolfie wailed, ``That's not enough!
I haven't yet begun to feel
That I have had a decent meal!''
He ran around the kitchen yelping,
``I've got to have a second helping!''
Then added with a frightful leer,
``I'm therefore going to wait right here
Till Little Miss Red Riding Hood
Comes home from walking in the wood.''
He quickly put on Grandma's clothes,
(Of course he hadn't eaten those).
He dressed himself in coat and hat.
He put on shoes, and after that
He even brushed and curled his hair,
Then sat himself in Grandma's chair.
In came the little girl in red.
She stopped. She stared. And then she said,

``What great big ears you have, Grandma.''
``All the better to hear you with,'' the Wolf replied.
``What great big eyes you have, Grandma.''
said Little Red Riding Hood.
``All the better to see you with,'' the Wolf replied.

He sat there watching her and smiled.
He thought, I'm going to eat this child.
Compared with her old Grandmamma
She's going to taste like caviar.

Then Little Red Riding Hood said, ``But Grandma,
what a lovely great big furry coat you have on.''

``That's wrong!'' cried Wolf. ``Have you forgot
To tell me what BIG TEETH I've got?
Ah well, no matter what you say,
I'm going to eat you anyway.''
The small girl smiles. One eyelid flickers.
She whips a pistol from her knickers.
She aims it at the creature's head
And bang bang bang, she shoots him dead.
A few weeks later, in the wood,
I came across Miss Riding Hood.
But what a change! No cloak of red,
No silly hood upon her head.
She said, ``Hello, and do please note
My lovely furry wolfskin coat.''

This one refer to the conflict between King Saul & the future King David

:coffeecanuck:
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
birdsarentreal.com
User avatar
Nebula
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 16288
Joined: Jul 6th, 2005, 9:52 am

Re: Jesus

Post by Nebula »

roadrunner24k wrote:
writerdave wrote:
roadrunner24k wrote:
Glacier wrote:
roadrunner24k wrote:This one refer to the conflict between King Saul & the future King David

And you will provide a source for this claim?


The source you are looking for will be found in the Old Testament just read the story.

While I am aware Saul and David are in the Old Testament, I am quite sure Red Riding Hood is not.


Okay let me spell it out for you.

Wolf = King saul
Red = David

As I suspected. You've drawn a conclusion of your own. Perhaps you see it that way but I can think of no evidence that it is so. Interesting allegory but, no, I think not.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
RR24K
Lord of the Board
Posts: 3832
Joined: Sep 20th, 2008, 7:24 pm

Re: Jesus

Post by RR24K »

writerdave wrote:
roadrunner24k wrote:
writerdave wrote:
roadrunner24k wrote:
Glacier wrote:
roadrunner24k wrote:This one refer to the conflict between King Saul & the future King David

And you will provide a source for this claim?


The source you are looking for will be found in the Old Testament just read the story.

While I am aware Saul and David are in the Old Testament, I am quite sure Red Riding Hood is not.


Okay let me spell it out for you.

Wolf = King saul
Red = David

As I suspected. You've drawn a conclusion of your own. Perhaps you see it that way but I can think of no evidence that it is so. Interesting allegory but, no, I think not.


As you wish.
User avatar
Nebula
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 16288
Joined: Jul 6th, 2005, 9:52 am

Re: Jesus

Post by Nebula »

roadrunner24k wrote:As you wish.

Roadrunner 5:25
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
RR24K
Lord of the Board
Posts: 3832
Joined: Sep 20th, 2008, 7:24 pm

Re: Jesus

Post by RR24K »

writerdave wrote:
roadrunner24k wrote:As you wish.

Roadrunner 5:25


"writerdave" here's one of the problems with todays bible and how so my (christian religions) have screw it up. Chopping it up into chapter & verse than taking those small pieces and using out of context and for their own purposes & not what it was originally use for. That's my rant.


As for proof, it's in the reading & connecting the dots this was taught to me by elderly jewish man. Who had study the bible for most of his live (O/T biblical hebrew & N/T biblical greek).
User avatar
AlanH
Lord of the Board
Posts: 4649
Joined: Oct 23rd, 2006, 8:08 pm

Re: Jesus

Post by AlanH »

roadrunner24k wrote:
writerdave wrote:
roadrunner24k wrote:As you wish.

Roadrunner 5:25


"writerdave" here's one of the problems with todays bible and how so my (christian religions) have screw it up. Chopping it up into chapter & verse than taking those small pieces and using out of context and for their own purposes & not what it was originally use for. That's my rant.


As for proof, it's in the reading & connecting the dots this was taught to me by elderly jewish man. Who had study the bible for most of his live (O/T biblical hebrew & N/T biblical greek).


Too bad he wasted all that time studying the Bible, just to have you misinterpret it.
RR24K
Lord of the Board
Posts: 3832
Joined: Sep 20th, 2008, 7:24 pm

Re: Jesus

Post by RR24K »

AlanH wrote: Too bad he wasted all that time studying the Bible, just to have you misinterpret it.


Don't you wish, now just go run child.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”