Non believers

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
sleepdeprived
Lord of the Board

Re: Non believers

Post by sleepdeprived »

eyepop wrote:there's a fifth...

those that know.

Exactly.
The Catholic Church knows that "causing social injustice" is a Mortal sin. Now.

It's a good thing the Catholic Church doesn't do that sort of thing anymore.
"You can't be a non-conformist if you don't drink coffee."
Trey Parker
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

C'mon sleepy. It's simply a case of putting the 13th commandment into action: Do as I say, not do as I do.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
eyepop
Lord of the Board

Post by eyepop »

writerdave wrote:All knowing, all seeing? Um... wouldn't that be the definition of God?

no.

what if the pope or the vatican really knows the truth,
but don't tell us.

what if a prophet knew the truth,
and we didn't listen.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

There's a thought, poppy.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
eyepop
Lord of the Board

Post by eyepop »

CoffeeCake wrote:Edit to ad~ Actually, I'm in a very chillin mood today eyepoke, thanks!

~D

no, i meant did you mean to be condescending.

:biggrin:
AlanH
Lord of the Board

Post by AlanH »

CoffeeCanuck wrote:
AlanH wrote:Most with blind faith view it that way.

Well, I sure don't have blind faith. Please, enlighten us all if you have a different viewpoint on non-believer, believer.

~D

You are certainly not in need of enlightenment when you offer such final conclusions, nor would you be capable of comprehending, or willing to hear a differing viewpoint on the matter. You are too clouded by your beliefs, I'm not saying that as a bad thing, just saying you are not open to looking at the picture in anything other than Black or White. That is blind faith, either way, believe, or don't means following blindly down a path that may have other options to others that are closed to yourself.

CoffeeCanuck wrote:It's either black or white, belief in God or no belief in God.
eyepop
Lord of the Board

Post by eyepop »

Saxon wrote:. I ask a simple question...what makes a non believer enter topics clearly religious....what is the drive for you to go in there....

ok,
well believe it or not,
we're trying to save you.
from religion.

Gerald Massey
CoffeeCanuck
Lord of the Board

Post by CoffeeCanuck »

eyepop wrote:no, i meant did you mean to be condescendin.

No, not at all.

~D :124:
CoffeeCanuck
Lord of the Board

Post by CoffeeCanuck »

AlanH wrote:
CoffeeCanuck wrote:
AlanH wrote:Most with blind faith view it that way.

Well, I sure don't have blind faith. Please, enlighten us all if you have a different viewpoint on non-believer, believer.

~D

You are certainly not in need of enlightenment when you offer such final conclusions, nor would you be capable of comprehending, or willing to hear a differing viewpoint on the matter. You are too clouded by your beliefs, I'm not saying that as a bad thing, just saying you are not open to looking at the picture in anything other than Black or White. That is blind faith, either way, believe, or don't means following blindly down a path that may have other options to others that are closed to yourself.

CoffeeCanuck wrote:It's either black or white, belief in God or no belief in God.

You certainly have a way of expressing yourself Alan. Without getting into a go around of semantics, I will say I'm speaking for myself. I tend to view many things in absolutes, not just my faith. Not all, but many. Personally, I have a difficult time understanding when a person says...'oh, it's not that I do or don't believe in God, I just really don't know'. That is just being wishy washy in mho. Either you do or you don't believe. Oh, and my beliefs have nothing to do with blind faith, being clouded, following blindly as if I dont have my own thoughts and opinions. It may not make them right to others, but they are mine.

~D :skippingsheep:
Last edited by CoffeeCanuck on Mar 23rd, 2008, 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saxon

Post by Saxon »

I agree coffee... ... I feel the same way about Jesus, ... it irks me when I hear.." Oh I dont believe in God... but Jesus was a good guy"... Thats not an option... here you have a man who claimed many times to Be God himself and claimed the power to heal ..he claimed the power to forgive the sins of men.... he made no beef about it ...no beef at all about just who he was.... so he was either nutty... he was evil... or he was who he said he was!...to call him a 'good guy' is quite patronizing

But again thats another thread
JonyDarko
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by JonyDarko »

eyepop wrote:
Saxon wrote:. I ask a simple question...what makes a non believer enter topics clearly religious....what is the drive for you to go in there....

ok,
well believe it or not,
we're trying to save you.
from religion.

Gerald Massey

:dyinglaughing: Bwahahahahahaha
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

The god in the bible does not exist. The entire bible is a fairytale. There never was a guy called Jesus. Okay, well, maybe there was but there was no miracles, genesis is a complete farce and religion as we know it today was contrived to control the masses.

Does that mean there is no god? No.

Chew on that for a while and your noodle will pop.
eyepop
Lord of the Board

Post by eyepop »

righterdave wrote:The god in the bible does not exist. The entire bible is a fairytale. There never was a guy called Jesus. Okay, well, maybe there was but there was no miracles, genesis is a complete farce and religion as we know it today was contrived to control the masses..

amen brother.

Saxon

Post by Saxon »

writerdave wrote:The god in the bible does not exist. The entire bible is a fairytale. There never was a guy called Jesus. Okay, well, maybe there was but there was no miracles, genesis is a complete farce and religion as we know it today was contrived to control the masses.

Does that mean there is no god? No.

Chew on that for a while and your noodle will pop.

LOL I dont think it was invented to control at all... there are many peoples worldwide who have believed in a God, natives had their great spirit...to control?.... what way does it control the masses?
dirtrider
Lord of the Board

Post by dirtrider »

Think about that Saxon, what's the point of Christianity, follow the 10 commandments, believe/accept Jesus and you'll go to heaven, if not eternal damnation (did I get that right?). That's a pretty powerful incentive to be good, no? Same basic message with every other religion I've read about.....be good or else bad things are going to happen to you.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”