Writing on the wall-chairitable empires for profit will fall

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
sobrohusfat
Guru

Re: Writing on the wall-chairitable empires for profit will fall

Post by sobrohusfat »

the fact that churches still operate within the current tax settup, even now in this increasingly secular worldview in politics just goes to show that they are in fact seen as making a difference. I'm sure the gov' bean counters have long ago figured out that the social programs that various religious orgs provide accross Canada, saves them big $,$$$,$$$,$$$.00

They can then sqander that money elsewhere.

So yeah, Giv'er, tax those simple minded do-gooders...and then keep an eye on what happens to yours.
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
JonyDarko
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by JonyDarko »

tax them, make them pay reparations, and let them pray for financial assistance like the old folks who have been donating 10%+ of their yearly profits to a a corporation that sells hopes and dreams "*bleep* and lies" for the past 50 years.

Not all of them are terrible but they all deserve to be taxed, just like everything else is.
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

amen to that. i was once told that pastors are like CEO's of a corportation and they should be paid like one because i was complaining about how much they make. one of the big churches that i cant name but is on gordon has pastors that make around 80 grand a year. where do i sign up for bible college man? i want to make that for an easy job and the tax perks.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”