Modern Day Evidence God Exists

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Born_again
Guru

Re: Modern Day Evidence God Exists

Post by Born_again »

I officially resigned from the company I formed and built, yesterday. I did so because the religious fool who has been cheating and lying from day dot managed to look me in the eye whilst he was lying -- something he was never able to do until yesterday. I'm very happy to report that he will gain an extra 10% of shares and company profits. He will continue to go to church every Friday (I'm in the Middle East) and be the 'pillar' of the local Christian community that he is. I will return to Canada being just about the 'wealthiest' man you will ever know or hear of!!! See you all on December 10th, and God bless my ex-financial director. :lol: What a bunch of 'king hypocrites you lot are!! Get thee behind me you scum sucking evil wuckfits!
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

soulra wrote:Was is for violent or non-violent crimes? I'm sure there are atheists/agnostics in jail. Statistically, who has the largest numbers?

I know 3 people who went to jail for beating and threatening to kill their wives. One believes in God, and the other two are atheists. It doesn't matter what your religion (whether atheist or theist), "loving your neighbour as yourself" is how we work together to make our world better. If you view God as love, then how is that going to cause you to beat your wife? It you thought God was watching you, you might think twice about laying down the beats.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Born_again wrote: He will continue to go to church every Friday (I'm in the Middle East) and be the 'pillar' of the local Christian community that he is. I will return to Canada being just about the 'wealthiest' man you will ever know or hear of!!! See you all on December 10th, and God bless my ex-financial director. :lol: What a bunch of 'king hypocrites you lot are!! Get thee behind me you scum sucking evil wuckfits!

I am sorry to hear about your shady boss. Hypocrisy, IMHO, was what gives Christians such a bad name. Isn't people like that (the Pharisees) that Jesus was always calling religious hypocrites?

Good luck, Born_again. May God bless you in the future. :flappingangel:
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Of course everyone in jail who says they're religious must be telling the truth, being upstanding citizens and all. I'm sure they figure they look better in front of a judge saying they're religious the same way Bush says God told him to invade Iraq to try to make himself look better.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
Born_again
Guru

Post by Born_again »

recedingglacier wrote:I am sorry to hear about your shady boss. Hypocrisy, IMHO, was what gives Christians such a bad name. Isn't people like that (the Pharisees) that Jesus was always calling religious hypocrites?

Good luck, Born_again. May God bless you in the future. :flappingangel:

Thank you for your time, recedingglacier, but let's be clear right now, he was NOT my boss, he was my inferior! I will not be associated with filthy evil pucks in my life. He will go to jail and I will soon be working 6 months in Thailand, resting 6 months p/a in B.C.. See you all in December. "Every man has his price, Bob .......and yours was pretty low"ROGER WATERS springs to mind here. Let's leave it at that folks, I'll move on to bigger and better -- without the brain damaged freaks!!
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Born_again wrote:but let's be clear right now, he was NOT my boss,

Sorry about that. That was a slip up on my part. :oops:
- Douglas Murray
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr Danksworth »

zzontar wrote:
Corneliousrooster wrote:
zzontar wrote:We can get that far in a hundred years, on a graph at that rate we would have godlike abilities in millions of years, so why such a hard time believing that, isn't it just evolution?

What exactly are "god like" abilities?? if you can describe the abilities god posess's it would paint a better picture of what exactly is being argued here.

If you look at where we were 100 million years ago and where we are today, 100 million years down the road could be unimaginable... creating life would be no big deal as we're almost there now, but we'll probably blow ourselves up before getting the chance. An evil race wouldn't last as long as a "good" race because of course if everyone's a murderer your not going to last long,and evil is self collapsing when the majority, so theoretically the oldest living thing in the universe would probably be on the side of good. Something godlike would probably have unimaginable wisdom which comes with experience, and would probably be able to control energy that would be capable of almost anything... seems kinda godlike to me, but we probably couldn't imagine 1000 years down the road, never mind millions.

Nothing on the Internet is so serious it can't be laughed at, and nothing is as laughable as people who think otherwise.
Tumult
Board Meister

Post by Tumult »

“A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it”
-Max Planck
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr Danksworth »

"With great power comes great responsibility" Uncle Ben.
Nothing on the Internet is so serious it can't be laughed at, and nothing is as laughable as people who think otherwise.
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

Born_again wrote:I officially resigned from the company I formed and built, yesterday. I did so because the religious fool who has been cheating and lying from day dot managed to look me in the eye whilst he was lying -- something he was never able to do until yesterday. I'm very happy to report that he will gain an extra 10% of shares and company profits. He will continue to go to church every Friday (I'm in the Middle East) and be the 'pillar' of the local Christian community that he is. I will return to Canada being just about the 'wealthiest' man you will ever know or hear of!!! See you all on December 10th, and God bless my ex-financial director. :lol: What a bunch of 'king hypocrites you lot are!! Get thee behind me you scum sucking evil wuckfits!

If when he goes to church, they tell him to cheat and lie to your face, then I'd blame it on his religion, but I'm guessing the guys just a dick... anyone can go to church or say they're religious, but talk is cheap... careful who you blame.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Some people's idea of honesty is not based on what they know to be true, but what they think they can get you to believe. Sometimes these people discover that you don't have to die to go to hell.
Denial is based on one very specific desire – for something to not be true.
unclemarty
Board Meister

Post by unclemarty »

Born_again wrote:Rick Warren came across as almost everything I would wish to aspire to, a completely selfless existence. I will just have to manage it without 'extra' support. If I could even emulate 10% of his altruistic qualities, I would not be ashamed to add my carbon elements to the Okanagan soil once I'm dead.

Born_again wrote:I will return to Canada being just about the 'wealthiest' man you will ever know or hear of!!!

Connect the dots and it starts to looks like things are finally looking up for you B_A....just a thought from 1 scum sucking evil wuckfit to another
"Jerusalem is a port city on the shore of eternity." - Yehuda Amichai
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr Danksworth »

averagejoe wrote:We "USED" to be called Western Christian Civilisation where Christian European peoples lived thru out the world.

Any word on this yet? I've never heard of such a thing.
Last edited by Mr Danksworth on Nov 14th, 2008, 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
usquebaugh
Guru

Post by usquebaugh »

soulra wrote:
averagejoe wrote:Aren't the King or Queen Head of the Church of England? We "USED" to be called Western Christian Civilisation where Christian European peoples lived thru out the world.

Any word on this yet? I've never heard of such a thing.

Really? Why do you think the Pope booted Henry VIII out of the Roman Catholic Church? It's because Henry made himself the head of the church of England, so that he could divorce Catherine of Aragon to marry Anne Boleyn. Basic history.
Where oh where’d my body go?
Africa or Mexico?
Where or where’d my body go?
Where’d my body go?
Have you seen my ghost?
Staring at the ground?
Have you seen my ghost?
Sick of those *bleep* clouds
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr Danksworth »

Edited post to clarify the question. When have we ever been called the 'Western Christian Civilization"?
Last edited by Mr Danksworth on Nov 14th, 2008, 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”