Gay rights and the church

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Re: Gay rights and the church

Post by Mr Danksworth »

Yawn. marriage is no more sacred than getting a drivers license. For the most part, over the ages, it has been used as a political arrangement. This whole 'do it for love and god' thing is a new idea. Get your head out of the romance novels.
Nothing on the Internet is so serious it can't be laughed at, and nothing is as laughable as people who think otherwise.
Nom_de_Plume
Guru

Post by Nom_de_Plume »

I thought it was to be able to take advantage of the taxation and next of kin stuff that hetero couples get by having a legal union.
I didn't think you were able to put your partner on your medical plan unless you were married (although I could be wrong on this)
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
~ Terry Pratchett
5VP
Übergod

Post by 5VP »

Oh Jeez...

Yeah, I'm a closet queen alright. :127:

Where do I officially sign up?? Still no answers there...

There were gays in the military who were released because of their insistence on doing what they wanted instead of following orders. They were always rebellious and eventually outed themselves in some spectacular fashion. Ie One closet soldier tear gassed a Victoria gay bar in a lover's spat. Hilarious stuff.

Gay people have as much right to demand that churches change their credos as churches have the right to expect to practice their faith as they always have. With or without homosexuals.

Your rights end where theirs begin. If their bible says that your sexual practices offend them; so be it. Who cares?

The message gays have left me with is that, because they are overly hypersensitive about being who they are in a world that isn't for the most part, gay. Being gay is not a new development in the human species.

This cultures of our global village have been created around the framework of traditional marriage and family values which gays apparently struggle to find their place in. This somehow offends gays who could, if they really wanted to, also create a natural family.

It's a sex act that defines them and a sex act act that also represses them. What a conundrum that appears to be for them.

I agree that this has been repressed for too long and it's released expression in the form of Gay Pride" parades and is all fine and noble, but, I find is entirely sexually oriented and which Gay Pride itself is born of a vague notion which the practitioners themselves can't even agree on.

Is it not also "bullying" to demand that someone (the hetero community) immediately change their status quo for such vagaries and actually create a separate set of laws to accommodate this historically existent but previously discreet sexually oriented minority?

It's might be time to consider easing up on the reins in your headlong gallop towards acceptance and realize you already are accepted and actually now have more rights than the rest of hetero populace.

Why the need to insist that churches give you more?? Are churches forming mostly nude street gangs and marching on the homes of gays to insist they change? Form your own church or go United.

Gay activism seemed to have hit it's prime during the Svend Robinson years and look at how well that all turned out for him and the gay agendas.

If you want to be more accepted than I suggest you might want to start by changing the gay parade advertising strategy lets us know what you folks are really all about.

Get some actual scientifically based information out there about the whens, hows and whys of being gay. I'll read it.

Is Dan Savage your new cult leader sans Svend??

If he is than you've got longs rows to hoe.

Traditional families teach their children to stay away from people who flaunt their bodies in sexually oriented and suggestive manner (or lack of good manners) and that ain't likely to change and which, from my standpoint, are the ravings of a bunch of petulant, overly sexually oriented spoiled brats.

Just sayin"...
Infinite rider on the big dogma...
Nom_de_Plume
Guru

Post by Nom_de_Plume »

Oh dear
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/01/world/asia/anti-gay-law-stirs-fears-in-russia.html
Read the whole thing.... it's very..... :200:
here's an exerpt:
Vitaly V. Milonov, the law’s principal drafter and an outspoken proponent of Russia’s Orthodox Church, who has referred to gay people as “perverts,” has accused gay rights activists of waging an aggressive campaign of conversion among Russia’s children with the backing of Western governments.

All I gotta say is.... I'm gobsmacked
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
~ Terry Pratchett
Static
Guru

Post by Static »

5VP wrote:Oh Jeez...

Yeah, I'm a closet queen alright. :127:

Where do I officially sign up?? Still no answers there...

There were gays in the military who were released because of their insistence on doing what they wanted instead of following orders. They were always rebellious and eventually outed themselves in some spectacular fashion. Ie One closet soldier tear gassed a Victoria gay bar in a lover's spat. Hilarious stuff.

Gay people have as much right to demand that churches change their credos as churches have the right to expect to practice their faith as they always have. With or without homosexuals.

Your rights end where theirs begin. If their bible says that your sexual practices offend them; so be it. Who cares?

The message gays have left me with is that, because they are overly hypersensitive about being who they are in a world that isn't for the most part, gay. Being gay is not a new development in the human species.

This cultures of our global village have been created around the framework of traditional marriage and family values which gays apparently struggle to find their place in. This somehow offends gays who could, if they really wanted to, also create a natural family.

It's a sex act that defines them and a sex act act that also represses them. What a conundrum that appears to be for them.

I agree that this has been repressed for too long and it's released expression in the form of Gay Pride" parades and is all fine and noble, but, I find is entirely sexually oriented and which Gay Pride itself is born of a vague notion which the practitioners themselves can't even agree on.

Is it not also "bullying" to demand that someone (the hetero community) immediately change their status quo for such vagaries and actually create a separate set of laws to accommodate this historically existent but previously discreet sexually oriented minority?

It's might be time to consider easing up on the reins in your headlong gallop towards acceptance and realize you already are accepted and actually now have more rights than the rest of hetero populace.

Why the need to insist that churches give you more?? Are churches forming mostly nude street gangs and marching on the homes of gays to insist they change? Form your own church or go United.

Gay activism seemed to have hit it's prime during the Svend Robinson years and look at how well that all turned out for him and the gay agendas.

If you want to be more accepted than I suggest you might want to start by changing the gay parade advertising strategy lets us know what you folks are really all about.

Get some actual scientifically based information out there about the whens, hows and whys of being gay. I'll read it.

Is Dan Savage your new cult leader sans Svend??

If he is than you've got longs rows to hoe.

Traditional families teach their children to stay away from people who flaunt their bodies in sexually oriented and suggestive manner (or lack of good manners) and that ain't likely to change and which, from my standpoint, are the ravings of a bunch of petulant, overly sexually oriented spoiled brats.

Just sayin"...

:ohmygod: :dyinglaughing: ...but true. :nyah: . :rate10: Just sayin... :runforlife:
strwbrrydvl
Guru

Post by strwbrrydvl »

Nom_de_Plume wrote:I thought it was to be able to take advantage of the taxation and next of kin stuff that hetero couples get by having a legal union.
I didn't think you were able to put your partner on your medical plan unless you were married (although I could be wrong on this)

Spouses can be on eachother's mecial plans (MSP or private extended benefits) if they are common-law, that is the case for my partner and I.
I'm not completely certain but I believe that here in Canada homosexual couples living common-law have the same rights as heterosexual ones living common-law. ..*Off to google to see if that is in fact a fact*
Some people develop a wishbone where their backbone should be.
Nom_de_Plume
Guru

Post by Nom_de_Plume »

strwbrrydvl wrote:
Nom_de_Plume wrote:I thought it was to be able to take advantage of the taxation and next of kin stuff that hetero couples get by having a legal union.

Spouses can be on eachother's mecial plans (MSP or private extended benefits) if they are common-law, that is the case for my partner and I.
I'm not completely certain but I believe that here in Canada homosexual couples living common-law have the same rights as heterosexual ones living common-law. ..*Off to google to see if that is in fact a fact*

cool thanks strwbrry, the more I investigate this the more I realize I don't know how it all works.
I presently don't have any gay friends I can ask about these issues we've been discussing.
~ Terry Pratchett

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”