Pastor Dave's Column

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Re: To the Editor regarding Pastor Dave's "New Terrorism"

Post by Hmmm »

capleton wrote:
Doesn't your god command war and hatred in your book?
The old testament has war in it to rid the land of the wicked people who were grossly immoral according to what's written. There was a purpose for the wars. After that purpose was accomplished and after Jesus there are no wars mentioned except for Armageddon in the future. What people do in the name of religion today is their own problem and not a teaching of Jesus. They are just wrong. for engaging in war. . Thats why I hate the catholic faith and those like them. Not the people but the churches. They disgust me.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
capleton
Board Meister

Re: To the Editor regarding Pastor Dave's "New Terrorism"

Post by capleton »

Hmmm wrote:
capleton wrote:
Doesn't your god command war and hatred in your book?
The old testament has war in it to rid the land of the wicked people who were grossly immoral according to what's written. There was a purpose for the wars. After that purpose was accomplished and after Jesus there are no wars mentioned except for Armageddon in the future. What people do in the name of religion today is their own problem and not a teaching of Jesus. They are just wrong. for engaging in war. . Thats why I hate the catholic faith and those like them. Not the people but the churches. They disgust me.

Your god sounds like the North Korean leader or Hitler, just kill all the people they label evil. Why were they evil because they didn't worship Yahweh? Your god and his followers just have to be as evil because of verses like Deuteronomy 13:13-19 and Isaiah 13:15-18.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”