Does Religion Make You Nice?/Does Atheism Make You Mean?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
pj57
Fledgling

Re: Does Religion Make You Nice?/Does Atheism Make You Mean?

Post by pj57 »

I thought the poison problem comes from the top down, like with all the secrets in religion, politics, high finance. Why do the worlds biggest 2 religions seem like the lowest of cults. If I say the names I'll go straight to hell (which doesn't exist anyway), or be sentenced to death. No wonder I deal with God directly. Open your eyes , it's all about power and control, the worlds biggest problems. Love of power comes from the top down, power of love from the bottom up.
Tumult
Board Meister

Post by Tumult »

steven lloyd wrote:That’s true Tumult, energy can neither be created nor destroyed – but it can be changed.....

If matter and energy are the same and can be both particle and wave and the particle nature of consciousness (biology) ends perhaps consciousness continues in wave form (changed).
“A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it”
-Max Planck
Tumult
Board Meister

Post by Tumult »

recedingglacier wrote:Things like resentment, jealously, and hate make you mean, and love of your neighbour (not that kind of love) makes you nice.

I agree.
“A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it”
-Max Planck

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”