Homosexuals should carry warning tattoos, says chaplain

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Re: Homosexuals should carry warning tattoos, says chaplain

Post by Captain Awesome »

soulra wrote:No matter how you crouch your words your stance makes you a bigot.

Oh, go easy on Nab. These days everything you say about LGBT will make you a biggot. People are really biggot-trigger-happy. Same with racism.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
mechanic_virus
Lord of the Board

Post by mechanic_virus »

katts wrote:Prejudice runs deep.

I think it’s a jolly good idea to require faggots to wear a tattoo. Perhaps a large “H” (for *bleep*) should be tattooed on their foreheads--- but on second thought, maybe not an “H” as that might be interpreted as “Heterosexual” or perhaps “Hologram” al la the schmeghead Rimmer in the Red Dwarf TV series. And as this is Canada, we should ensure that any letter be equally understood in either official language. This would eliminate the letter “Q” for queer and besides some of us are a bit peculiar (queer). “G” for gay has its own difficulties so I have decided that any letter is wrong for this and a more fitting symbol would be the rainbow flag. Of course, the rainbow flag is quite attractive and there may be a number of non gay people wearing it simply for its decorative qualities. I’ll have to give it a bit more thought.
:discodance:

Well, the Nazis used the pink triangle to identify anyone put into a concentration camp for homosexuality. The chaplain may wish to keep to the tradition of the Nazis before him.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

~ Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Nabcom wrote: Not sure to whom you refer as "us" steven. Perhaps it might be a good idea, for the purpose of discussion, to clearly define who is "us" and who is "them"? Are there only two sides to this question in your view? Seems to me that is the opinion of many ..."Us" and "them". I have difficulty viewing the world in such black and white terms.

Nab

You are right Nabs. The world is anything but “black and white” and it is impossible to define "us" and "them". I suppose I was using the term in a general sense to (optimistically) apply to every one of us to challenge ourselves before buying into our stereotypical notions. And of course, that absolutely applyies to many more issues than just homosexuality. For soulra (often dividing people into groups of "us" and "them") to try and suggest anyone else is a bigot, for example, is laughable. Pot – meet kettle.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

CaptainAwesome wrote:
Air Wrench wrote:Clergy men should have tattoos saying, "Surgeons General's Warning: Members of the Clergy have been known to diddle young boys."

Would that mean said clergy members should have gay tattoos too? After all, they are diddling boys, not girls.

They save the girls for the nuns.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Post by sooperphreek »

i think concentration camps is a good idea. then homosexuals can go there and have a lot of time to concentrate about how their choice has affected their freedom. and while they are there they can get homosexual tattoos like the priest said. then when they want to assimilate back into the majority they can go before the straight parole board and answer questions to see if they really are straight. dont bother saying it. like that dennis miller song about *bleep*. im a biggot.....and there isnt a damn thing you can do about it. lol
usquebaugh
Guru

Post by usquebaugh »

sooperphreek wrote:*removed for blatant Nazism/fascism/bigotry/BS*

Thanks for letting everyone know that you're a not-so-closeted Nazi!
Where oh where’d my body go?
Africa or Mexico?
Where or where’d my body go?
Where’d my body go?
Have you seen my ghost?
Staring at the ground?
Have you seen my ghost?
Sick of those *bleep* clouds
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

usquebaugh wrote:*removed for blatant Nazism/fascism/bigotry/BS*

I really don't see how expressing anti-homosexual views has to do anything with nazism or fascism
(these are not synonyms, BTW). Not that I agree with the poster.
usquebaugh
Guru

Post by usquebaugh »

CaptainAwesome wrote:
usquebaugh wrote:*removed for blatant Nazism/fascism/bigotry/BS*

I really don't see how expressing anti-homosexual views has to do anything with nazism or fascism
(these are not synonyms, BTW). Not that I agree with the poster.

Do you know what most people tend to associate concentration camps with? Also, I regard someone who is a threat to my personal liberties as a fascist, so the terms are analogous in my mind.
Africa or Mexico?
Where’d my body go?
Have you seen my ghost?
Staring at the ground?
Have you seen my ghost?
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

I bet if the German Nazis were here today, they'd be all up for gay movement.
First, they claimed to be successors of Roman Empire. And we all know how tolerant they were of homosexuals. Second....just look at all the leather uniforms.

:spinball:
usquebaugh
Guru

Post by usquebaugh »

CaptainAwesome wrote:I bet if the German Nazis were here today, they'd be all up for gay movement.
First, they claimed to be successors of Roman Empire. And we all know how tolerant they were of homosexuals. Second....just look at all the leather uniforms.

:spinball:

That's what Robin Williams once said, too: "Recently, a book declared that Hitler may have been a homosexual. Really? I always thought so, what with the leather and the dancing!"

If by "they" you mean the Romans, then yes, but the Nazis interned gays in concentration camps (yet another reason that sooperphreek's comments are disgusting, and not just because he has chosen to denigrate one of the worst periods in human history, by making light of concentration camps and all the horrors of the Holocaust). But, hey, sooperphreek must be one of those fundamentalists who forgets the "judge not lest ye be judged" and "let he without sin..." parts of his religion.
Africa or Mexico?
Where’d my body go?
Have you seen my ghost?
Staring at the ground?
Have you seen my ghost?
mechanic_virus
Lord of the Board

Post by mechanic_virus »

usquebaugh wrote:
sooperphreek wrote:*removed for blatant Nazism/fascism/bigotry/BS*

Be gentle. Coming out can be more difficult for some than it is for others.

(me thinks thou doth protest too much)
Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr Danksworth »

The proof is in the pudding, as they say.....

Adams HE, Wright LW Jr, Lohr BA.
Department of Psychology, University of Georgia, Athens 30602-3013, USA.
The authors investigated the role of homosexual arousal in exclusively heterosexual men who admitted negative affect toward homosexual individuals. Participants consisted of a group of homophobic men (n = 35) and a group of nonhomophobic men (n = 29); they were assigned to groups on the basis of their scores on the Index of Homophobia (W. W. Hudson & W. A. Ricketts, 1980). The men were exposed to sexually explicit erotic stimuli consisting of heterosexual, male homosexual, and lesbian videotapes, and changes in penile circumference were monitored. They also completed an Aggression Questionnaire (A. H. Buss & M. Perry, 1992). Both groups exhibited increases in penile circumference to the heterosexual and female homosexual videos. Only the homophobic men showed an increase in penile erection to male homosexual stimuli. The groups did not differ in aggression. Homophobia is apparently associated with homosexual arousal that the homophobic individual is either unaware of or denies.
PMID: 8772014 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE
Nothing on the Internet is so serious it can't be laughed at, and nothing is as laughable as people who think otherwise.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

soulra wrote:The men were exposed to sexually explicit erotic stimuli consisting of heterosexual, male homosexual, and lesbian videotapes, and changes in penile circumference were monitored.

Well, there's the money well spent.
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr Danksworth »

I don't know about that. It shows that I've been right for years. Homophobics are actually repressed homosexuals. Now I just have to find proof that WWF and it's ilk are just homoerotic entertainment and the theory will be complete!

soulra wrote:Homophobia is apparently associated with homosexual arousal that the homophobic individual is either unaware of or denies.
Nothing on the Internet is so serious it can't be laughed at, and nothing is as laughable as people who think otherwise.
mechanic_virus
Lord of the Board

Post by mechanic_virus »

Thanks for posting that, soulra.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”