Letter to the Editor Easter show at the Parkinson Rec Center

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Catz
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Letter to the Editor Easter show at the Parkinson Rec Center

Post by Catz »

:coffeecanuck:
Trakkerman

Post by Trakkerman »

"In that case sue for mental duress"

funny, I guess there would be lawsuits for every television show out there that is playing on prime time nowadays. Considering that everyone is offended by a point of view on any number of topics on TV...

thats almost as dumb as me going to a shakespear play ( in which violence happens ) and suing because I didnt like the way that othello was treated . humph. lol . wouldnt think that would ever happen.

Likewise, I watch a G rated television show and one of the cartoon characters gets beaten up and I sue over it. Are you kidding. that is what Cartoons generaly do.

on a further note. There must have been close to 2000 people at that event. Considering that there was only afew complaints ( being this one sent to castanet) I would have to say that anyone that did not attend should not give their opinions about the play.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

I would have to say that anyone that did not attend should not give their opinions about the play.
Nonsense. I didn't attend but I am surely entitled to an opinion.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Having said that, I am not critiquing the acting but content.
Trakkerman

Post by Trakkerman »

critiquing content of a play that you never saw. hummm.. now there is logic.
Im just curious how many people would listen to a movie critic that gives a movie 1 star and openly states that he never viewed the content of the film. Humm... i think you just dug yourself a hole

No, You dont have the right to critique the content either if you have never see it. Your listeining to fourth hand information. Ever played telephone??? kinda gets alittle distorted right?

Its kindof like me critiquing the way you look, insulting you, saying your fat etc etc or whatever, and not knowing what you look like in real life. I hope you are getting my point.

By the way, just so you don't distort my words.... I do not think your fat, ugly or whatever ;) your probably a real nice person in real life.

The main point is; no you dont have a right to critique anything when you have no idea what you are critiquing.

Thank you, have a great day.
Trakkerman

Post by Trakkerman »

One last point; going by what you are saying; that you have a right to critique content. Well I guess that means that I can critique your content in these forums.

I would be right in saying that your words are offensive to me ( by your standards ) You should give me an apology for stating things contrary to what I think. ( by your standards )

Im awaiting your open apology in these forums. ( by your standards )

Im sure you can see the flaw in your logic. I made my point.
Born_again
Guru

Post by Born_again »

So, Trakkerman, have you ever critiqued a politician or political party that you have never met? Most likely would be my guess. You likely felt compelled to do so because of the actions of the political party or politician. Did you witness the enactment of the action, or just the after-effects to warrant your critique?
We all know the subject of the pantomime, so why would we have to have 'been there' to qualify us to criticise the shameful tactic deployed to Shanghai unwitting parents into exposing their children to violence and hate themes? This is a news forum, and as such topics which make the news are all up for discussion; whether you were there or not!
Corneliousrooster
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Corneliousrooster »

People complained - Victory Church responded to the complaints

We have 2 sides to the story - both pretty much say the same thing (Victory church realized their own mistake when they decided to "tone down" the latter performances) hmmmmmmmmmm......

Trakkerman wrote:thats almost as dumb as me going to a shakespear play ( in which violence happens ) and suing because I didnt like the way that othello was treated . humph. lol . wouldnt think that would ever happen.

If you go to a children's themed event and they throw in some violent shakespear play - without a parental advisary - darn rights you can complain!

Trakkerman wrote:Likewise, I watch a G rated television show and one of the cartoon characters gets beaten up and I sue over it. Are you kidding. that is what Cartoons generaly do.

ya - 4 year olds are routinely confused by the realism of the violence in their cartoons. You can't use violence in your arguement so cut and dry. The 3 stooges and the passion of the christ both contain violence - one will give a child( and some adults) nightmares - the other will make you giggle ( kinda like the cartoons). Maybe Victory Church should have infused alittle more slap-stick into the performance........
Trakkerman

Post by Trakkerman »

as a note. mabey you should read the whole post before responding.

regardless, castanet has found this story to boring to keep on their main page
Trakkerman

Post by Trakkerman »

"Have you ever critiqued a politician or political party that you have never met?"

Well of course... and guess what. Same rules apply. who would I be to critisize them if I have not read what they stand for, only base what I am complaining about on what other people tell me. No, sorry your wrong. I would have to be well versed in what the political party stands on before I have the right to dispute what they are doing. NOT on third hand information...

Once again, remember that telephone game??? kinda gets distorted.

Bye
Trakkerman

Post by Trakkerman »

Last note. LOL passion of christ is hardly a compairison to live actors on a stage ;) doing a drama. One is Rated "R" other is rated ...... ??? The Play was not the PAssion of Christ silly silly people.

at least one thing is certain. we can agree to disagree :)
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr Danksworth »

Corneliousrooster wrote: Maybe Victory Church should have infused alittle more slap-stick into the performance........

Larry,Curly, and Mo as roman soldiers, and the Tramp as Jebus.
Nothing on the Internet is so serious it can't be laughed at, and nothing is as laughable as people who think otherwise.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

What a hoot!! Trakkerman, you have obviously not read any of my posts to come up with some of your comments lol.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Trakkerman wrote:as a note. mabey you should read the whole post before responding.

regardless, castanet has found this story to boring to keep on their main page

I'd suggest you read the whole thread first before responding. And Castanet never keeps a news item on the front page forever - of course the front page will change - that's just too funny.

critiquing content of a play that you never saw
Secondhand information by the way, not fourth, and critiquing content of violence which was inappropriate.
Corneliousrooster
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Corneliousrooster »

Trakkerman wrote:Last note. LOL passion of christ is hardly a compairison to live actors on a stage ;) doing a drama. One is Rated "R" other is rated ...... ??? The Play was not the PAssion of Christ silly silly people.

at least one thing is certain. we can agree to disagree :)

Pastor Dieter Tripke says it was a bit of a knock off on “Passion of the Christ,” showing how Jesus was crucified and beaten before his resurrection.

Silly Trakkerman :dyinglaughing:

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”