The Strange,Strange Story of the Gay Fascists

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Putz

The Strange,Strange Story of the Gay Fascists

Post by Putz »

Here's a story that those who have a lot of time on their hands may want to discuss. You may need to be an intellectual, but there are many who are striving to be perceived as such. I know I try, but I'm told by others I fail miserably. Self righteous bullies I guess. :)
Enjoy the article. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/johann-ha ... 36697.html
I could feel the love in the article, I could feel the tolerance towards others of a different opinion.
The career chemophobes are universally afflicted with a peculiar myopia that allows them to hallucinate molehills of bad consequences of the use of chemicals while totally ignoring the mountains of benefits from their use. (From JunkScience.Com )
usquebaugh
Guru

Racists are usually homophobic

Post by usquebaugh »

That's funny, because most gay men I know are leftists....

Interesting quote from the article:

Johann Hari wrote:Racists are usually homophobic.

Also:

Johann Hari wrote:'Searchlight' magazine - the bible of the British anti-fascist movement, with moles in every major far-right organisation - offers an alternative explanation. "Generally condemned by a society that continues to be largely hostile to gays, some men may find refuge and a new power status in the far right," one of their writers has explained. "Through adherence to the politics espoused by fascist groups, a new identity emerges - one where they aren't outcasts, because they are White Men, superior to everyone else. They render the gay part of their identity invisible - or reject the socially less acceptable parts, like being feminine - while vaunting what they see as superior."

It would appear that homophobic attitudes drive some gay men to far right extremes. Thus, it should seem apparent that one of the best ways to prevent (or alleviate) the need for these men to move in fascist circles is to make them more welcome by mainstream society, rather than ostracizing them. Does that not put the onus on homophobes to change their tune?

Johann Hari wrote:The growing awareness of the role gay men play in fascist movements has been abused by some homophobes.
Where oh where’d my body go?
Africa or Mexico?
Where or where’d my body go?
Where’d my body go?
Have you seen my ghost?
Staring at the ground?
Have you seen my ghost?
Sick of those *bleep* clouds
sooperphreek
Lord of the Board

Re: The Strange,Strange Story of the Gay Fascists

Post by sooperphreek »

why would we change our tune? we will let you guys go nuts and kill your own and then we can say.....uhhh it wasnt me it was the *bleep*!! lol told ya they were freaks.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”