The bible debunked.

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Phoenix Within
Guru

Re: The bible debunked.

Post by Phoenix Within »

Glacier wrote:My understand has been that Islamic invaders didn't exactly like jews. The Qur'an seems to not look too kindly on them.

Might be one of those "Subject to interpretation" things. I've seen a single line from the Qur'an used to supposedly prove a jihad against the west, but when you read it within the context of the entire verse or paragraph it came from, it's not even the same meaning as it was presented.

I got the documentary from the Library. I think it was called "Understanding Islam". I enjoyed it.
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
Born_again
Guru

Post by Born_again »

The Prophet Mohammed was very clear when he ordered that Christians, Jews, churches and synagogues should not be touched, ever(in a harmful way)! It was the Jews, after all that gave him sanctuary in Medina after he was ousted from Mecca.
Let the interpreters get hold of religion and what you end up with will inevitably be hate!
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr Danksworth »

A new translation has been found! It all make sense now.
Nothing on the Internet is so serious it can't be laughed at, and nothing is as laughable as people who think otherwise.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”