Religion

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
hellomynameis
Lord of the Board

Re: Religion

Post by hellomynameis »

Hey hey hey hey hey!

I can't marry someone who doesn't accept that we really don't know what political party is best for BC, I mean we're not omnipotent (and we can't just phone up Chuck Norris, do you know his #?) so how can we really know? Seriously.

Also, the Liberals might be the best we can hope for, perhaps it's not the government? Perhaps it's us, we have strayed too far from the party line and are now disconnected from their perfect love al la tax/rebate programs. It's not Avatar Campbell's fault programs have been cut it's our own and I can prove it. My evidence that we have seperated ourselves from Avatar Campbell's love is that many of us cannot even remember the True party name "The BC Liberally Conservative Party".

Remember this: when he drove drunk and was subsequently arrested he did it for you and me and after he was arrested for 3 days he was released and he returned in glory to the legislature. Proof *bleep* positive Batman!

Oh Campbell I recant what I said above about how we can't really know what party is best for BC. Campbell Forgive me for voting for false parties and for joining a union while receiving income from your coffers! Oh Campbell,

Oh when He rolls up his sleeves he ain't just puttin' on the ritz,

Our Campbell is an awesome Campbell.

There is thunder in his footsteps and a silly grin on his face,

And the Premier wasn't joking when He kicked 'em out of the public trust.

It wasn't for no reason that He got that DUI.

His return is very soon and so you'd better be believin' that

He reigns from Victoria for 1/4 of the year

with wisdom(and carbon tax), pow'r and love

And when the sky was starless in the void of the night,
He spoke into the darkness and created the light,

And judgment and wrath He poured out on the NDP.
Mercy and grace He gave us at the legislature.
I hope that we have not too quickly forgotten that

But all this really doesn't change anything because now that I am a born again BC liberal(ly Conservative) Steven and I would be unequally yoked, it wouldn't work out and worse I could incur Avatar Campbell's wrath again. I have accepted that when small businesses succeed it is because of Avatar Campbell's legislative grace and when government run programs are cancelled and/or (more and than or) the BC government runs a deficit, or cuts loose another public asset, or lets slip another scandal, etcetera, etc... that these are all just tests set forth by the will of the Campbell to see if my loyalty in him and his party will hold true next election.

Remember his DUI and triumphant return to the legislature!
Last edited by hellomynameis on Aug 30th, 2009, 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Books tap the wisdom of our species -- the greatest minds, the best teachers -- from all over the world and from all our history. And they're patient."
- Carl Sagan
hellomynameis
Lord of the Board

Post by hellomynameis »

Ah, I'm so glad that I got to share that mid-post conversion with all of you. Now that I'm born again I am hoping one of you will baptize me with another carbon tax rebate cheque.
"Books tap the wisdom of our species -- the greatest minds, the best teachers -- from all over the world and from all our history. And they're patient."
- Carl Sagan
Mr. Personality
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr. Personality »

Any NDP supporters ever think of why an entire province voted against them years ago?

I'm pretty sure it's because the NDP are great.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

surfgirl wrote:Anyways what are peoples thoughts on freedom of religion. After all, it is the root of all wars, even in the same country. Do we need freedom of religion or should we be like Russia did once apon a time and delete religion?

While religious people start most of the wars (most of the planet consists of religious people), religion was not the reason for the wars.

To answer your question, oppressing and killing people based on what they believe to be true is dangerous. Some may admire North Korea's effort to quash religion, but many consider it to be a violation of a basic human right.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

The best way to decrease the religiosity of a culture is to educate it. Europeans, who tend to be better educated than North Americans, place much less reliance on deities to solve their issues.
We're lost but we're making good time.
normaM
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by normaM »

steven lloyd wrote:
Hellomynameis wrote:
steven lloyd wrote:
Hellomynameis wrote:One short asnwers re: "Why do people think their religion is the super truth to everything?"

1. Its easier

Same reason people vote Liberal in this province (oops, wrong thread - me bad).

Good man!

*now let me take a moment to praise this gentleman*

You always know where Steven stands, perhaps not literally but I am sure he'd tell you if you asked. You always know where he stands, perhaps because he stands on his convictions and isn't afraid to make them known. Steven the-killer-caboose Lloyd could wake up from a coma only to find himself stranded in deep (oh so deep) space (equipped in the applicable gear) and still know exactly where he stood in both space and time!

Steven Lloyd, the closest facsimile to Chuck Norrisdom (short of myself) that you are going to find on this forum.

Steven Lloyd, respect him you bloody interweb-urchins!

:126:

but he works for the Govt he says he loathes... nope, can't admire him
Am I free tomorrow? No I'm expensive every day
hellomynameis
Lord of the Board

Post by hellomynameis »

surfgirl wrote:O the old topic about religion. Ya know the 3 things not to talk about over dinner. O welll not eating right now...

Good thing too, because we're breaking major ground on two fronts now
- Carl Sagan
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Hellomynameis wrote:Ah, I'm so glad that I got to share that mid-post conversion with all of you. Now that I'm born again I am hoping one of you will baptize me with another carbon tax rebate cheque.

Silver and Gold. <ahem>

Silver and Gold Have I None, (clap, clap)

For such as I have, (clap, clap)

Give I, THEE

In the name of Goooorrdddonnn Cammmbelllll,

He RISE UP and WAAAA LLK with THEE

I'm Walking and Leaping and Praising Gordon,
Walking and Leaping and Praising Gordon,

And I could kill you right now Helllooooo, cuz I can't get that stuuppid song out of my head.

(Would you be happy to be washed in the Blood of the Lamb?)
If Putin stopped, he'd be saving Russian lives as well. Never thought the right would have a field day but June 24/2022 it is.
normaM
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by normaM »

we need another ralph ( getajobyoubums) klein to lead us into the light
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

normaM wrote:we need another ralph ( getajobyoubums) klein to lead us into the light

Amen!
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

Queen K wrote:And I could kill you right now Helllooooo, cuz I can't get that stuuppid song out of my head.

:dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing: :dyinglaughing:

Yeah, thanks alot Hellomni. I've had that "Our God is an awsome God" tune buzzing in the back of my mind all day because of you.

Looking forward to tonights show. even if you're still a mardy a$$ pommy twa
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

Queen K wrote:(Would you be happy to be washed in the Blood of the Lamb?)

Isn't that done by Slayer?
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

normaM wrote: but he works for the Govt he says he loathes... nope, can't admire him

Actually norma, I work for and serve the people of BC. I am working for and accountable to you, your children and your neighbors (that's why I work unpaid overtime). I loathe this government because they took an oath (as I did) to do the same thing and have been defrauding the taxpayer ever since. Much like tele-evangalists (to keep this relevant to the religion thread), they have suckered the gullible and will keep passing the collection plate as long as the fools continue to buy the tripe. The congregation:

:skippingsheep: :skippingsheep: :skippingsheep: :skippingsheep: :skippingsheep: :skippingsheep: :skippingsheep: :skippingsheep: :skippingsheep: :skippingsheep: :skippingsheep: :skippingsheep: :skippingsheep: :skippingsheep: :skippingsheep: :skippingsheep: :skippingsheep:
normaM
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by normaM »

steven lloyd wrote:
normaM wrote: but he works for the Govt he says he loathes... nope, can't admire him

Actually norma, I work for and serve the people of BC. I am working for and accountable to you, your children and your neighbors (that's why I work unpaid overtime). I loathe this government because they took an oath (as I did) to do the same thing and have been defrauding the taxpayer ever since. Much like tele-evangalists (to keep this relevant to the religion thread), they have suckered the gullible and will keep passing the collection plate as long as the fools continue to buy the tripe. The congregation:

:skippingsheep: :skippingsheep: :skippingsheep: :skippingsheep: :skippingsheep: :skippingsheep: :skippingsheep: :skippingsheep: :skippingsheep: :skippingsheep: :skippingsheep: :skippingsheep: :skippingsheep: :skippingsheep: :skippingsheep: :skippingsheep: :skippingsheep:

well, then each time you refer to the taxpayers as sheep you insult your employer
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

Steven, what were you thinking, that is such a gross misrepresentation of a group of church types.
Have you ever known any group operate with such unity of purpose as your line-up of 17 Ovis aries suggests? [-X
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”