Jesus said

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
dogman
Fledgling

Jesus said

Post by dogman »

John !4:6 NIV edition Jesus answered,"I am the way and the truth and the life.No one comes to the Father except through me."
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Re: Jesus said

Post by Nebula »

What's your point?
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
dogman
Fledgling

Post by dogman »

Nebula wrote:What's your point?

My point is.From reading this forum it looks to me there are a lot of lost people out there.If the shoe fits .If not o well.
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

Post by dieseluphammerdown »

Don't be asking such tough questions. :coffeecanuck:
This message brought to you by a proud old stock Canadian.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Id love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eyes
And shoot him with my old 45
dieseluphammerdown
Guru

Post by dieseluphammerdown »

dogman wrote:

My point is.From reading this forum it looks to me there are a lot of lost people out there.If the shoe fits .If not o well.

Should we call the search and rescue ? do we need the tracking dogs.?
This message brought to you by a proud old stock Canadian.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Id love to spit some beechnut in that dudes eyes
And shoot him with my old 45
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

dogman wrote:

Ah, well, thanks for the answer. If you read this forum, you would know that efforts of recruitment are likely not to work.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
AlanH
Lord of the Board

Post by AlanH »

Jesus died....

He supposedly said the above when he was alive (Attested to by third party accounts of what was said, handed down generation by generation) The accounts were then scribed, translated, rewritten and copied numerous times.

Either way... how am I supposed to go through some dead guy so I can see this "Father" dude? Does he take appointments?
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

dogman wrote:John !4:6 NIV edition Jesus answered,"I am the way and the truth and the life.No one comes to the Father except through me."

Sounds like a cult leader.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
dogman
Fledgling

Post by dogman »

Nebula wrote:
dogman wrote:

Ah, well, thanks for the answer. If you read this forum, you would know that efforts of recruitment are likely not to work.

thanks for your opinion,God bless you.
dogman
Fledgling

Post by dogman »

AlanH wrote:Jesus died....

He supposedly said the above when he was alive (Attested to by third party accounts of what was said, handed down generation by generation) The accounts were then scribed, translated, rewritten and copied numerous times.

Either way... how am I supposed to go through some dead guy so I can see this "Father" dude? Does he take appointments?

John2:16 For god so loved the world that he gave his one and only son,that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
I Think
Walks on Forum Water

Post by I Think »

My father loved the world so much that he gave not just one son, but 4 sons
Son of a bi+ch.
We're lost but we're making good time.
AlanH
Lord of the Board

Post by AlanH »

dogman wrote:

John2:16 For god so loved the world that he gave his one and only son,that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Yeah... But since I don't believe in him (Or at least I'm really on the fence) To me he is just a dead guy. Don't you have a better way of convincing me other than posting a sentence thinking that it will create some eye opening experience for me?
dogman
Fledgling

Post by dogman »

gardengirl wrote:
dogman wrote:John !4:6 NIV edition Jesus answered,"I am the way and the truth and the life.No one comes to the Father except through me."

Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement,through faith in his blood.
dogman
Fledgling

Post by dogman »

AlanH wrote:
dogman wrote:

Yeah... But since I don't believe in him (Or at least I'm really on the fence) To me he is just a dead guy. Don't you have a better way of convincing me other than posting a sentence thinking that it will create some eye opening experience for me?

glad to hear that you are at least on the fence.I can't convince you but if you really want to know,Matth 7:7 says Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find;knock and the door will be opened to you.For everyone who asks receives;he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks the door will open. Weather you believe in him or not ask in prayer for convincing I used to be an unbeliever too,I asked and god showed me what it is all about.Opened my eyes.To quote the famous song Amazing grace . I once was blind but now I see.You have nothing to loose by praying .weather you believe it or not. god believes in it and in you and he will answer.
Last edited by dogman on Sep 3rd, 2009, 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water

Post by gardengirl »

dogman wrote:
gardengirl wrote:

Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement,through faith in his blood.

Human sacrifice. Yup, sounds like a cult alright.
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”