Jesus said

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
User avatar
hellomynameis
Lord of the Board
Posts: 3171
Joined: May 17th, 2007, 5:22 am

Re: Jesus said

Post by hellomynameis »

Converted anyone on the forum yet?
"Books tap the wisdom of our species -- the greatest minds, the best teachers -- from all over the world and from all our history. And they're patient."
- Carl Sagan
User avatar
quietlywatching84
Übergod
Posts: 1870
Joined: Sep 17th, 2006, 3:47 pm

Re: Jesus said

Post by quietlywatching84 »

Hellomynameis wrote:Converted anyone on the forum yet?


I almost ready to become a satanist, does that count?
Silence is golden and duct tape is silver.
User avatar
hellomynameis
Lord of the Board
Posts: 3171
Joined: May 17th, 2007, 5:22 am

Re: Jesus said

Post by hellomynameis »

quietlywatching84 wrote:
Hellomynameis wrote:Converted anyone on the forum yet?


I almost ready to become a satanist, does that count?


I'd be pretty impressed with his powers of persuasion if you did. :spinball:
"Books tap the wisdom of our species -- the greatest minds, the best teachers -- from all over the world and from all our history. And they're patient."
- Carl Sagan
User avatar
Corneliousrooster
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2630
Joined: Oct 14th, 2008, 10:20 am

Re: Jesus said

Post by Corneliousrooster »

JonyDarko wrote:No one lives forever and if life were completely fulfilling there would be no progress. Stick to children they might buy what you are selling if you catch them early enough.


Fully developed adults with duffle bags full of shame also seem to warm up to the idea of "starting a new page" - find jesus and erase 20 years of d-bag - its a win -win! It cures promiscuity, addiction, violence, banal existence, gayness, athletes foot, boredom, lonliness - make sure not to mix with logic and reason though or results may vary :skippingsheep:
wthwyt
Lord of the Board
Posts: 3316
Joined: Sep 3rd, 2009, 4:32 pm

Re: Jesus said

Post by wthwyt »

dogman wrote:John !4:6 NIV edition Jesus answered,"I am the way and the truth and the life.No one comes to the Father except through me."


If that what he wants, that want he will get. Look out coming thru....... :dyinglaughing:
Last edited by wthwyt on Sep 20th, 2009, 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eyepop
Lord of the Board
Posts: 4453
Joined: Jun 2nd, 2006, 9:23 am

Re: Jesus said

Post by eyepop »

dogman wrote:Romans 3:23 For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ.
Romans 3:9 There is no one righteous not even one.
Romans5:6 You see,at the right time when we were still powerless.Christ died for the ungodly.Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man,though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die.But God demonstrates his love for us in this: while we were still sinners Christ died for us.
Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death,but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 10:9 That if you confess with your mouth,"Jesus is Lord" and believe in your heart that you will be saved.For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.


are you a christian?

or a paulian?

"...Would Christians be different today if Paul's epistles hadn't been included in the Bible? Most Christians today are actually Paulians, followers of Apostle Paul. They form most doctrines around Paul, not Jesus..."

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread414820/pg1


__________________________
pauly want a cracker?
dogman
Fledgling
Posts: 141
Joined: Sep 17th, 2006, 6:36 pm

Re: Jesus said

Post by dogman »

eyepop wrote:
dogman wrote:Romans 3:23 For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ.
Romans 3:9 There is no one righteous not even one.
Romans5:6 You see,at the right time when we were still powerless.Christ died for the ungodly.Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man,though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die.But God demonstrates his love for us in this: while we were still sinners Christ died for us.
Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death,but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 10:9 That if you confess with your mouth,"Jesus is Lord" and believe in your heart that you will be saved.For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.


are you a christian?

or a paulian?

"...Would Christians be different today if Paul's epistles hadn't been included in the Bible? Most Christians today are actually Paulians, followers of Apostle Paul. They form most doctrines around Paul, not Jesus..."

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread414820/pg1


__________________________
pauly want a cracker?

Interesting article I would rather stick to the whole bible as a whole ,including the apostle Paul and the book of Romans.What Paul teaches is in context with the rest of the bible .If you read it from page one to the last page you will see that.Paul's teaching points the way to Jesus Christ.

Your article that you refer to in at least one point is inaccurate in saying that Christians believe that you have to go through a priest to reach God.That is A catholic practice.Most Evangelical Christians believe and have a personal relationship with God.Commune with him Talk to him know him in a personal relationship.
eyepop
Lord of the Board
Posts: 4453
Joined: Jun 2nd, 2006, 9:23 am

Re: Jesus said

Post by eyepop »

godman wrote:stuff


why not just read and take jesus' teachings and words to heart?

Coptic Gospel of Thomas

These are the secret sayings which the living Jesus spoke and which Didymos Judas Thomas wrote down...

http://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/thomas.htm


..are you christian or sirian goddogman??

dogman?

http://souledout.org/cosmology/sirius/s ... dstar.html


__________________________
who let the gods out?
I Think
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 10469
Joined: May 29th, 2008, 6:12 pm

Re: Jesus said

Post by I Think »

godman, how do you reconcile the fact that king james was a pedophile?
This is well documented, tho the Christians seem to be effective in keeping the documentation off the internet.
We're lost but we're making good time.
dogman
Fledgling
Posts: 141
Joined: Sep 17th, 2006, 6:36 pm

Re: Jesus said

Post by dogman »

in a nut shell -Everyone is a sinner and unacceptable to be in the presence of God the creator of the heavens and earth .All fall short of the Glory of God.God sent his one and only son as an atoning sacrifice for the sins of the world.John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son,That whoever believes in him may have eternal life.
The word of God (the bible) has been around for thousands of years 2000+ since Jesus was here.It has been tried and tested.Take everything written in it in context with the whole bible.Through history millions have done so and had a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ.And millions of people today ,alive today believe this message .
If your interested in entering into a living relationship With God,and want to experience his love for you,and his presence and all the promises written in his word.No one can make you decide ,no one can decide for you.It's between you and God.
IF you want a personal relationship with the father God Just pray this prayer( God knows if you are sincere or not don"t waste your time if it's not sincere.)
Father God I acknowledge that I am a sinner .I thank you Lord Jesus for dieing on the cross for my sins. I open the door to my life and receive you as my savior and Lord.Thank you for forgiving my sins and giving me eternal life.
Don't just take my word for it or just the word of someone else check it out for yourself.Read the bible.and I would recommend you to go to any evangelical church in your town and ask questions,They will tell you the same thing that I have laid out here for you but in more detail, but check it out for yourself.
There are some churches out there that don't teach that you can have a personal relationship with God such as the United Church of Canada.the Anglican Church and most Catholic churches.There are more but get the phone book and ask God to lead you to the one that he wants you to go to and he will.God Bless you on your journey.
User avatar
gardengirl
Walks on Forum Water
Posts: 13613
Joined: Mar 23rd, 2006, 1:01 pm

Re: Jesus said

Post by gardengirl »

dogman wrote:in a nut shell -Everyone is a sinner and unacceptable to be in the presence of God the creator of the heavens and earth .All fall short of the Glory of God.God sent his one and only son as an atoning sacrifice for the sins of the world.John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son,That whoever believes in him may have eternal life.
The word of God (the bible) has been around for thousands of years 2000+ since Jesus was here.It has been tried and tested.Take everything written in it in context with the whole bible.Through history millions have done so and had a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ.And millions of people today ,alive today believe this message .
If your interested in entering into a living relationship With God,and want to experience his love for you,and his presence and all the promises written in his word.No one can make you decide ,no one can decide for you.It's between you and God.
IF you want a personal relationship with the father God Just pray this prayer( God knows if you are sincere or not don"t waste your time if it's not sincere.)
Father God I acknowledge that I am a sinner .I thank you Lord Jesus for dieing on the cross for my sins. I open the door to my life and receive you as my savior and Lord.Thank you for forgiving my sins and giving me eternal life.
Don't just take my word for it or just the word of someone else check it out for yourself.Read the bible.and I would recommend you to go to any evangelical church in your town and ask questions,They will tell you the same thing that I have laid out here for you but in more detail, but check it out for yourself.
There are some churches out there that don't teach that you can have a personal relationship with God such as the United Church of Canada.the Anglican Church and most Catholic churches.There are more but get the phone book and ask God to lead you to the one that he wants you to go to and he will.God Bless you on your journey.


What if God taught you to think for yourself? What if God taught you to not believe ridiculous claims written in some ancient text and reinterpreted dozens of times by PEOPLE with their own personal agenda?
Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
User avatar
Queen K
Queen of the Castle
Posts: 67530
Joined: Jan 31st, 2007, 11:39 am

Re: Jesus said

Post by Queen K »

"Thank you for attending our Church service today, and may I ask, how did you come to find us?"

"God sent me here from out of the Yellow Pages."
If Putin stopped, he'd be saving Russian lives as well. Never thought the right would have a field day but June 24/2022 it is.
User avatar
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board
Posts: 3146
Joined: Mar 7th, 2006, 8:38 am

Re: Jesus said

Post by Mr Danksworth »

Nothing on the Internet is so serious it can't be laughed at, and nothing is as laughable as people who think otherwise.
User avatar
mtnman1
Guru
Posts: 5692
Joined: Jul 24th, 2009, 7:59 am

Re: Jesus said

Post by mtnman1 »

Would the real Jesus Christ please stand up. Geeesus, there sure are alot of them.
Lack of objection is implied consent.
User avatar
Phoenix Within
Guru
Posts: 9504
Joined: Jul 24th, 2008, 7:41 pm

Re: Jesus said

Post by Phoenix Within »

gardengirl wrote:What if God taught you to think for yourself? What if God taught you to not believe ridiculous claims written in some ancient text and reinterpreted dozens of times by PEOPLE with their own personal agenda?

DING! DING! DING! We have a winner!

Which is fitting, because in other parts of this thread, we got a live one... :eyeballspin:
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”