Prejean

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
fvkasm2x
Guru

Prejean

Post by fvkasm2x »

So I am not sure if this is a Social issue, or a religious one... but I will throw it here.

If you don't know who Carrie Prejean is, I suggest you do a google search and read a few articles. IMO, she is quite the nutjob. Pretty hot, but a nutjob.

She is (or was) at the frontlines for most conservatives and Christians for her outspoken comments about gay marriage and her religious beliefs. Then some sex scandals came out and caused quite the stir.

In an online article, users have posted over 300 comments responding to the article. This is by far my favorite:

Stephanie Warner Says:
May 5th, 2009 9:39 AM
Carrie Prejean is on the front line of a war! The queers are poisoning the soil. Look at the soil around any city with a large homosexual population (Des Moines, Iowa for instance). You can't build anything on it. You can't grow anything in it. The government says it's from erosion and poor farming. Nonsense. There is a homosexual conspiracy to ruin it. They must be stopped.

AHHHHAAHHHAHHA HAH AHA HA Man I love religion. It is better than any scripted comedy out there.
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Re: Prejean

Post by Mr Danksworth »

fvkasm2x wrote:The queers are poisoning the soil. Look at the soil around any city with a large homosexual population (Des Moines, Iowa for instance). You can't build anything on it. You can't grow anything in it. The government says it's from erosion and poor farming. They must be stopped.

Stolen from 'Stuart' by the Dead Milkmen. 80's FTW!

'Now, Stuart, if you look at the soil around any large US city,
there's a big undeground homosexual population. Des Moines, Iowa,
for an example. Look at the soil around Des Moines, Stuart.
You can't build on it; you can't grow anything in it. The government
says it's due to poor farming. But I know what's really going on,
Stuart. I know it's the queers. They're in it with the aliens.
They're building landing strips for gay Martians, I swear to
God.'
Nothing on the Internet is so serious it can't be laughed at, and nothing is as laughable as people who think otherwise.
quietlywatching84
Übergod

Post by quietlywatching84 »

Personally I think she got a rough deal. Basically, she answered a question honestly, and because it was politically unpopular, she got the shaft. As much as I disagree with her, she was treated unfairly for not being PC enough for the pageant crowd.

Then of course, they dig up a bunch stuff she did when she seventeen, which pretty much amounts to some saucy pictures and tapes. Big deal, I don't want anybody to know about the *bleep* things I did when I was seventeen either.

Of course the christians and whoever will probably give her demi-god status for doing virtually nothing; she can now look forward to virgin christian stalkers the rest of her life now. Lucky her.
Silence is golden and duct tape is silver.
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

Mr Danksworth wrote:
Stolen from 'Stuart' by the Dead Milkmen. 80's FTW!

'Now, Stuart, if you look at the soil around any large US city,
there's a big undeground homosexual population. Des Moines, Iowa,
for an example. Look at the soil around Des Moines, Stuart.
You can't build on it; you can't grow anything in it. The government
says it's due to poor farming. But I know what's really going on,
Stuart. I know it's the queers. They're in it with the aliens.
They're building landing strips for gay Martians, I swear to
God.'

I have no idea what that is. Although it makes me wonder if the person with the comment was quoting that to be funny (most likely) or they were trying to be serious and scammed that from the original.

quietlywatching84 wrote:Personally I think she got a rough deal. Basically, she answered a question honestly, and because it was politically unpopular, she got the shaft. As much as I disagree with her, she was treated unfairly for not being PC enough for the pageant crowd.

At the time, I was fully behind her. Not because of what she said, but because she had the guts to say it in front of millions of people. I commended her courage and rights to free speech. Sadly, since that night, she has spun out of control and turned into a real basketcase.
Libelle
Guru

Post by Libelle »

I do not agree with Carrie's views on Gay marriage, but she did give what SHE thought as the question was asked, "What do you think.." She did answer what SHE thought and not what America thought and this made her loose. I think that she is a strong woman for standing up for what she believes in and not backing down. But as most religious people do she picks and chooses what is moral and what is sinful. For an exaple her breat implants, the semi-nude pictures. I understand that she did those pictures when she was 17, but was she not a Christian then? And with the boob job, she says that there is nothing in the Bible stating that you can not get them done, so she did not see a problem with it. That is true, but the Bible does talk about modesty. Pick and choose what is suited at the time.
Equity will not suffer a wrong to be without a remedy
fvkasm2x
Guru

Post by fvkasm2x »

Doesn't a "true" Christian follow His word at all times, not just when they feel fit to do so?
Libelle
Guru

Post by Libelle »

fvkasm2x wrote:Doesn't a "true" Christian follow His word at all times, not just when they feel fit to do so?

I think so. But to find someone who lives by His word always, well I do not think such a person exists.
FunkyBunch
Übergod

Post by FunkyBunch »

Libelle wrote:
fvkasm2x wrote:Doesn't a "true" Christian follow His word at all times, not just when they feel fit to do so?

I think so. But to find someone who lives by His word always, well I do not think such a person exists.

I'm pretty sure that's kind of the point... The first thing you learn in Sunday School is that you will screw up and you will screw up for the rest of your life.
Libelle
Guru

Post by Libelle »

Sorry, I'm not too sure what you mean. So if you make a mistake once you are going to keep making mistakes. So never make a mistake in the first place as not to set the presedent for more mistakes to follow?
FunkyBunch
Übergod

Post by FunkyBunch »

What? I'm confused.

You just said that a true follower of God will follow all His laws all the time. I said, they teach you that is impossible in church. No one can always follow all of the laws all the time. That's the whole point of Christianity.
Libelle
Guru

Post by Libelle »

Sorry Funkybunch I just read your post wrong. Thank-you for explaining it anyway. :skippingsheep:
wthwyt
Lord of the Board

Post by wthwyt »

I for one strongly disagree with Carrie Prejean with her view on gay marriage. Other that I really don't give a s--t
logicalview
Guru

Post by logicalview »

Must have been the whiskey talking.
Not afraid to say "It".
Phoenix Within
Guru

Post by Phoenix Within »

Every time the topic of gay marriage comes up, I always remember what Eric Idle said: "I'm all for gay marriage. Why should we be the only ones who suffer?"
:dyinglaughing:
So I love the Okanagan but it's a place best enjoyed from atop a very large pile of $100 bills. - Spocky
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

that girl has gotten more than her 15 mins of fame... she'll be running for some political office soon.
According the the trash TV show I saw the masturbating photos, etc when on for a lot longer that just when she was an innocent 17 yr old.
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”