Aggressive Atheism

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Aggressive Atheism

Post by Mr Danksworth »

Uncle Pat clears up some misconceptions....
http://www.youtube.com/patcondell#p/a/u/0/yjO4duhMRZk
Nothing on the Internet is so serious it can't be laughed at, and nothing is as laughable as people who think otherwise.
hellomynameis
Lord of the Board

Re: Aggressive Atheism

Post by hellomynameis »

Hark now, found cartoon leads to kindly bump.

"Books tap the wisdom of our species -- the greatest minds, the best teachers -- from all over the world and from all our history. And they're patient."
- Carl Sagan
RePete

Re: Aggressive Atheism

Post by RePete »

Uncle Pat stakes out a spot in one end of the Atheist movement. We need someone who is not afraid of "offending" those who promote silly superstition and violence. Dawkins et al stake out the other end of the spectrum. We are lucky to have them all to appeal to the varied attitudes of the growing Atheist movement, worldwide.

There are those who debate some of the fine and not so fine teachings of the various religious manuals (written by men) in an effort to state their case for and against. To me, the entire concept of any and all god/gods, sky fairies, Easter bunnies or Santa Clauses is so incredibly unbelievable, I can't begin to wrap my brain around it in the first place, even if I had the slightest desire to do so. It's just plain silly IMO. The cosmos and the evolution taking place within it is so much more interesting and sensible.

My unanswered question to myself asks, "OK, you are an Atheist. Now what? Is it enough to post on blogs and criticize the worlds religions? Does that just make me the same as those who whine about atheists and the perceived threat they pose to our societies? It does ad one more number to the many, but is there something constructive I can do to rid our planet of these superstitions?"
"Life ! Grab it by the ears and give it a big, wet, sloppy kiss, right on the mouth" P.Watson

"Many a man may look respectable, and yet be able to hide at will behind a spiral staircase" Wodehouse

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”