Inconceivable nature of nature

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Re: Inconceivable nature of nature

Post by steven lloyd »

Born_again wrote:LOL, I was sitting towards the rear, grinding my teeth -- especially when that guy in the plaid shirt said that "science is the same as a religion because scientists have a belief in the big bang". :127:

Ouch.

Born_again wrote: I think the speaker did an barely adequate job at representing views from both sides, and I certainly did take offence to him saying that the holocaust was an "atheistic Darwinian" inspired event. :purefury:

Ouch again.

Born_again wrote: PS: I wore my "Touched by His noodley appendage" T-shirt to the synagogue for added carbo-protection. :dyinglaughing:

You done good BA. I’m impressed by your restraint. :124:
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Queen K wrote: SL and Hello, if you could bend time and space, would you make it?

:137: Who says I can’t bend space and time ?
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

steven lloyd wrote:
Queen K wrote: SL and Hello, if you could bend time and space, would you make it?

If you could bend space and time, Gordon Campbell's place would be freaking dust.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr Danksworth »

Wish I could have made it. I live with in (figurative) spitting distance of the place. Is there a schedule of speakers anywhere? My quick search found nothing.
On a side note, the Grateful Fed is having discussion nights on Tuesdays. I don't have all of the details yet, but from what I have heard it's a weekly semi-moderated discussion on set topics....with beer.
Nothing on the Internet is so serious it can't be laughed at, and nothing is as laughable as people who think otherwise.
Born_again
Guru

Post by Born_again »

Mr Danksworth wrote:On a side note, the Grateful Fed is having discussion nights on Tuesdays. I don't have all of the details yet, but from what I have heard it's a weekly semi-moderated discussion on set topics....with beer.

I'd be up for that. Maybe we could have tag-teams? I could just see it, ..... B_A & SL v's Nebula & Peaceseeker.
Muahahahaha
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Captain Awesome wrote:
steven lloyd wrote:

If you could bend space and time, Gordon Campbell's place would be freaking dust.

Who says it’s not – in a parallel universe ? :2305:

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”