The emergent church

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Re: The emergent church

Post by grammafreddy »

binky11 wrote:SO............don't nobody mess with me today and make me have to go repent ok? :dyinglaughing:

It's okay, Binky. You can go berserk on anyone for anything - even theft, rape and murder - and your gawd will forgive you so you can do it all again next week. Just say your prayers and ask forgiveness. Personal responsibility for your actions is not required to get to your heaven.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
binky11
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by binky11 »

quote="binky11"]
SO............don't nobody mess with me today and make me have to go repent ok? :dyinglaughing:[/quote]

It's okay, Binky. You can go berserk on anyone for anything - even theft, rape and murder - and your gawd will forgive you so you can do it all again next week. Just say your prayers and ask forgiveness. Personal responsibility for your actions is not required to get to your heaven

Wow, is that what you have been taught about Christianity? What a shame, and I'm afraid many others believe the same thing.
Unfortunately the baby gets thrown out with the bath water due to a few hypocritical "so called Christians" There is hypocricy in every religion, was much of it in the bible, but it was dealt with then and still is being dealt with today. You say "Personal responsibility for your actions is not required to get to your heaven" Where on earth do you and others come up with such stuff? What weirdo so called Christian is conning you into believing this stuff? Stay away from them! If you want facts on the Christian faith, at least go to someone who knows their stuff, gee maybe even the bible itself.

I challenge you to have this very conversation with me by Oct or Nov of this year, or possibly earlier. In fact I challenge about everybody who has come on to this board and said many things against what you all think of conspiracy theory (and some is), come back in 6 months and lets all review all the comments that were ever said. If we still have the internet then.

The Americans are going to be the first laughing stocks, but we will be not too far behind them. Most everybody has their heads in the sand and just believes what the good ole mainstream Rick Webber has to say and that's the gospel truth.
There is NO point in me making any further comments, yet.
I mean does ANYBODY know what's going on with Obama right now? Does anybody know whats going on with the TSA? Does anybody even know Obama's REAL name? Does anybody know whats happening or about to happen in regards to Marshal Law?
Does anybody know why Obama is going to win (steal) the election? And what that will mean? Does anybody know how all this will affect US? Yes, you and me. It's either just plain ignorance or a lack of caring, either way it's inexcusable and we will all deserve what we get when the time comes. For not taking a stand, we sit back and let the entire nation fall apart right in front of our eyes. The perfect storm.................how many are prepared? How many care? Sad part is, how many even know anything that is going on right now. I am talking facts, not conspiracy theory, not talking about the end of the world here folks.
I really hope we are in a position in 3-6 months to come back here at that time and then hear what you all have to say.
I am not a know it all, far, far from it. I am not a conspiracy theorist. I just do my homework and research, takes more time to weed out the conspiracy theory sites from the factual sites, but after many years, you know them. YOu know they are creditable as you have heard their names on tv as former FBI, or formal sherrif dept, or formal judge, or formal political figure, that got out, because they couldn't be a part of it anymore. Look at Breitbarts death recently? Coincidental? Wakey wakey, best now then later. Oh why oh why have I gome all about all this, I can imagine the comments now. Maybe I will come back next week, I am not that strong of a person that I might not slip a puff in after some comments I might hear. That's right. I am weak in some things. Not perfect because I am a Christian. Who believes that silly old statement anymore? That Christians are perfect, some of you need to stop believeing that.
And Freddy to say a few posts ago that we are friends, then say something like this past comment in your most recent post.....hmmmmmmm. Was that a slam or was that a slam. Ok, type away guys, I'll come back in about a week and see what ya'll had to say.......maybe.
And whats with the message when hitting reply..........You may embed only 1 quotes within each other. There is always only one quote in my reply, now I have to go and remove the persons quote to whom I was quoting to, what am I doing wrong?
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

It's okay about the quotes, Binky - I just rearranged the html. No biggie.

Soooo .. was it a slam or was it a slam? Yup, it was a slam. Not against you - but against all religions.

You're busy slugging it out with other Christian religions and your beliefs are more right than theirs. Christianity is more right than any other religions - but to other religions, their own is more right, more perfect, more holy, than yours.

I guess in a way I just feel kinda sorry for you. You're a nice lady and I wish better than mumbo-jumbo airy-fairy crap for you.

But that's just me ... wishing for world peace and knowing it will never come to pass because of religions.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

WOW!
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

New term: Evangelical conspiracy theorist Christian.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Hmmm wrote:WOW!

how so?

Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr Danksworth »

Nebula wrote:New term: Evangelical conspiracy theorist Christian.

Unfortunatly, it's nothing new. It's more like the mortar that holds the bricks of crazy together. Check out the latest craziness involving 'The Green Dragon'.
Nothing on the Internet is so serious it can't be laughed at, and nothing is as laughable as people who think otherwise.
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

Mr Danksworth wrote:
Unfortunatly, it's nothing new. It's more like the mortar that holds the bricks of crazy together. Check out the latest craziness involving 'The Green Dragon'.

Very interesting. Many Christians believe that nature is controlled by Satan and that is their duty to destroy nature and remake the planet in their image. They quote some obscure passage that that is what god demands of them.

The link to the green dragon:http://www.resistingthegreendragon.com/
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

cliffy1 wrote: Many Christians believe that nature is controlled by Satan and that is their duty to destroy nature and remake the planet in their image. They quote some obscure passage that that is what god demands of them.

Those would be the Paganless Christians I presume.
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

steven lloyd wrote:Those would be the Paganless Christians I presume.

Have you ever met a Christian who wasn't paganless?

The ones I'm talking about would be the ones who think environmentalists are spawn of Satan. I have been told this by many Christians. When I asked why god made such a mistake in his creation that they are now obliged to destroy it, they get furious and start screaming that I ma going to burn in hell. Funny how they don't get their own hypocrisy.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I think a lot of non-christians and atheists also think that environmentalists like David Suzuki are the spawn of Satan. Christians are likely no different than anyone when it comes to environmental issues, but generalizations sure can be fun!

Here is an interesting episode from The Current: http://www.cbc.ca/thecurrent/episode/20 ... angelists/

- Douglas Murray
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

I'm not up to snuff on this emergent church thingy, so I watched a documentary on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpNRw7snmGM
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

Interesting stuff, a church of "Jesus" - without Jesus - founded by agnostics.
Sweet, That should sell some books.

I did like that Eric Ludys' responses so i looked him up and found his site and sermons.

this one's called "As in the Ancient Days":
http://ellerslie.com/Eric_Ludy_Sermons/ ... _Days.html

i think That guy's a Christian
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
concernie
Board Meister

Post by concernie »

binky11 wrote:I am hard pressed to find a Christian church in Kelowna that hasn't gone emergent, or is at least on it's way. Emerging churches are communities that practice the way of Jesus in post modern cultures and believes that there is more than one way to heaven. There is much more to this movement, but I would like to hear from any Christian who is aware of what this movement is all about, has maybe recognized it happening in their church (because most don't), and maybe get your views and thoughts. In my opinion the majority of Christian churches have or are going emergent, and to me, this should be a great concern to the Christian. It is very subtle in some churches while some outright claim to being emergent.

Emergent Church is dangerous heresy. Yes, Evangel Church on Gordon Drive is one of these heretical emergent churches. Yes, is indeed very subtle. Emergent Church is the Protestant version of the Second Vatican Council.

You will have to go to a liturgical church in order to avoid this.
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

concernie wrote:Emergent Church is dangerous heresy. Yes, Evangel Church on Gordon Drive is one of these heretical emergent churches. Yes, is indeed very subtle. Emergent Church is the Protestant version of the Second Vatican Council.

You will have to go to a liturgical church in order to avoid this.

Why don't you go to the church that god created, the forest, instead of a man made church?

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”