Vision Boards

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
justmyopinion
Lord of the Board

Vision Boards

Post by justmyopinion »

This weekend I spent many hours going through magazines to create the perfect vision board for me (although there are still a few things I want to add to it) and I can't wait to watch those changes happen in my life....

It wasn't that long ago (about 4 years ago) that I had done one and saw things start happening in my life as I visioned them....it was amazing!!

Has any one else done this? has any one else had success in this? what other things have you done similar to this and how did they work for you?
ILBT uh-huh
Guru

Re: Vision Boards

Post by ILBT uh-huh »

Mrs. o-bm went on the real estate sites on the net, found her dream home, printed it off, and framed the picture of the house. It now sits proudly in our dining room.

I wonder how she would feel if I printed a picture of the Swedish bikini team and did the same thing?
Morning coffee is the highlight of my day. It's downhill all day after that.
justmyopinion
Lord of the Board

Post by justmyopinion »

oh, OB, you jist, but your wife knows better....lol
eyepop
Lord of the Board

Post by eyepop »

old-bushman wrote:Mrs. o-bm went on the real estate sites on the net, found her dream home, printed it off, and framed the picture of the house. It now sits proudly in our dining room.

did it replace a picture of you.?
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Seriously, I am interested in how things come to us, either by using ancient techniques of visualization or prayer or what?

Give it the Universe and it will answer.

Looking for something? Give it up to the Universe and it will come to you.

Wanting someone in your life? My tag line used to be, "careful what you wish for, you just might get it." There's a reason for that.

So, the vision board technique works for you JMO? Can you give us a concrete example?
If Putin stopped, he'd be saving Russian lives as well. Never thought the right would have a field day but June 24/2022 it is.
BVulgaris
Board Meister

Post by BVulgaris »

I've watched the movie "the secret" and found it rather interesting.

From what i can discern it follows the philosophy that if you are not open to possibilities, you will not recognize them when they come along. If you know what you want, you will recognize it when, as one of my favorite hero's, zorro "said", the object of focus enters your circle.

I love the quote from the movie The Sandlot:"Let me tell you something kid; Everybody gets one chance to do something great. Most people never take the chance, either because they're too scared, or they don't recognize it when it spits on their shoes. "
justmyopinion
Lord of the Board

Post by justmyopinion »

Love your quotes BV! Those are great...and I agree...I really think some people wouldn't recognize opportunity to better their life it slapped them in the back of the head - and unfortunately, some people just don't think they deserve it so pass it up....

Examples on how the vision board helped me? hmmm....I guess the most obvious was when I had results I could actually see is a good one. I had developed stress induced psoriasis, particularily on one of my legs (a partch about the size of a soft ball). I had, of course, gone to the doctor. He perscribed all sorts of different creams etc....none of them helping....I did multitudes of internet surfing, nothing. Then I made a vision board and had put a picture of a womans legs on there, beautiful and clear of any type of marks....I told myself twice a day while looking at that picture "I will have clear beautiful skin"....it was not more then a month later that I stumbled across a story about apple cider vinigar....the cure to my psoriasis....I used it twice and have not had psoriasis on my legs since (almost 4 years now) and only have small little break outs here and there in other places, but nothing visible (just itchy)...I have clear beautiful skin :)

Another example (off the same vision board) is my mental health. I was going through a very hard time when I made that board (and first watched the Secret), I was going through a divorce, had to sell my house, lost my job, as well as a few other things....I had put on my board sayings about being strong, a better life, happier....and I can tell you this, not once did I feel like I was being "distroyed" at any time....I became happier, healthier, stronger, and my life couldn't be better......

I know the vision board idea sounds hokey, but it really works (well, it did for me) but you can't just cut out pictures and hope it happens for you. You have to believe it! believe that it will happen and believe that you deserve it....you have to visualize having what you want...not just want it.....

Any one else have any success stories?
Taranis1964

Post by Taranis1964 »

It's the same technique that world class athletes use: visualization. Most of these athletes (and other successful people) will tell you the mental aspect is just as important as the physical.
nolanrh
Übergod

Post by nolanrh »

Thinking positive and visualizing your goals isn't exactly revolutionary. Athletes do it because it works. 'Thinking positive' makes sense. What is new are shams like 'The Secret' that claim that the improvements in your life as a result of positive thinking/visualization are based on some kind of pseudo-science that the Universe delivers what you visualize; that somehow your thoughts are actually altering the world you live in causing it to deliver your wildest dreams to you. This line thinking is absurd. Your thoughts are influencing your actions, those are what actually alter the universe, the universe has nothing to do with it. But it sure sells books.
justmyopinion
Lord of the Board

Post by justmyopinion »

nolanrh, you are correct in saying
Your thoughts are influencing your actions, those are what actually alter the universe
and that is part of the message I recieved from the Secret....but it is your thoughts that help you recognize those things....that is the important part - recognizing what is in front of you, beleiving you deserve it, and taking control to accept it into your life
nolanrh
Übergod

Post by nolanrh »

If only that's how "The Secret" explained it.
justmyopinion
Lord of the Board

Post by justmyopinion »

oh....maybe that's part 2...hee hee....

That's what I got from it....

It appears you have an open mind, and it looks like you already get this....maybe you didn't need the Secret to understand....I did, because of the state of mind I was in at the time....but I think we are on the same page in the end :sunshine:
BVulgaris
Board Meister

Post by BVulgaris »

Some of the greatest inventors or minds the world has ever known (the inventor im thinking of is N. Tesla) used the power of visualization to work out ideas before any effort or work was put to production.

In the case on Nikola Tesla, he spend days reading and taking notes and thinking before he ever constructed a device. For him it was irrelevant whether the experiment was running in his laboratory or running in his mind. If you sit and think long enough with the underlying principles being well understood, you could predict problems you would run into in the construction, operation, or manufacturing process. The power of this method depends on self motivation, will power, self discipline etc. I think thats why the ancient asian martial artists were also great philosophers and visionaries.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”