Builders and Gardeners

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Bejvas
Lord of the Board

Builders and Gardeners

Post by Bejvas »

An anonymous text from the Tradition says that, in life, each person can take one of two attitudes: to build or to plant. The builders might take years over their tasks, but one day, they finish what they're doing. Then they find they're hemmed in by their own walls. Life loses its meaning when the building stops.
Then there are those who plant. They endure storms and all the many vicissitudes of the seasons, and they rarely rest. But, unlike a building, a garden never stops growing. And while it requires the gardener's constant attention, it also allows life for the gardener to be a great adventure.
Gardeners always recognize one another, because they know that in the history of each plant lies the growth of the whole World.

Which attitude are you taking?
"Just because you're angry, it doesn't mean you have the right to be cruel."
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Re: Builders and Gardeners

Post by steven lloyd »

I golf
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr Danksworth »

What if you do both. Your 'the Tradition' seems too diametric to be feasible.
Nothing on the Internet is so serious it can't be laughed at, and nothing is as laughable as people who think otherwise.
dogspoiler
Buddha of the Board

Post by dogspoiler »

How does the guy that sits around and collects welfare fit in ?
Black Dogs Matter
don_pepe

Post by don_pepe »

I think that Dexter is a gardener.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Both. I build AND I garden. But my buildings and gardens probably don't fit the description of The Tradition (whatever that is and feel free to educate me).
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Bejvas
Lord of the Board

Post by Bejvas »

the magikal tradition it is

I think both are feasible, keeping in mind that building would have a limit on creation, when gardening will keep multiplying by itself :)

It is just a figurative way of looking at our own paths.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Bejvas wrote:the magikal tradition it is

I think both are feasible, keeping in mind that building would have a limit on creation, when gardening will keep multiplying by itself :)

Okay, so you're talking about the cult of Paganism, then?

The only limits on creation I see are the limits of man to imagine - imposed on each person individually by him/her own self.

A garden will not necessarily keep multiplying all by itself. To multiply, it requires certain things, water being one of them. A plant will not multiply if it dies before seed is produced or if production is hindered by lack of an essential component.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

bprettie

Post by bprettie »

A smart builder includes a door, a poor gardener can step on his own flowers.
Bejvas
Lord of the Board

Post by Bejvas »

Doors lock something inside, stepped flowers will grow again, the roots keep the essence of seeds that nurture from elements.

bprettie wrote:A smart builder includes a door, a poor gardener can step on his own flowers.
Bejvas
Lord of the Board

Post by Bejvas »

Particularly I don't like the term "paganism", for it is many times limited to a person holding religious beliefs other than those of the main world religions, and it is many times discriminated for being a form of religious practices that have in common the encounter with the divine through nature.

If we think about ancient Egypt, it is said that "as above, as below, and as below, as above", from what it is understood that the nature of the creators is the same of the creatures, and it points out to by understanding what is below - nature and similar creations - one can understand what is above - the creator.

grammafreddy wrote:
Bejvas wrote:the magikal tradition it is

Okay, so you're talking about the cult of Paganism, then?

The only limits on creation I see are the limits of man to imagine - imposed on each person individually by him/her own self.

A garden will not necessarily keep multiplying all by itself. To multiply, it requires certain things, water being one of them. A plant will not multiply if it dies before seed is produced or if production is hindered by lack of an essential component.
kompili
Walks on Forum Water

Post by kompili »

I might build a mud shack that way I can also plant something on the outside of it.
We Have Been Conditioned To See Only What They Want Us To See.
Bejvas
Lord of the Board

Post by Bejvas »

very funny! you found the middle term in between builders and gardeners! hahaha

kompili wrote:I might build a mud shack that way I can also plant something on the outside of it.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

Hey - what's wrong with Paganism? Most of the world's religious cults are founded on at least some of its principles.

What is your preferential title?

Yonisha

Post by Yonisha »

Absolutely nothing wrong with Paganism, but I don't like the heavy connotation the word/title carriest, same thing as many other words or titles, even the word God. Even the word "religion" carries a misunderstanding. Religion is a Latin rooted word, deriving from religare, which means to reconnect with, to re link with, with what or who? God, who is God? in my opinion, is not a who, is ALL there IS, including OURSELVES. Then Religion should be the reconnection path with ourselves and All there is as ONE. There for, I have no preferential title, and if there is one, it would be NO TITLE title - kind of like the brand NO NAME hahaha

grammafreddy wrote:Hey - what's wrong with Paganism? Most of the world's religious cults are founded on at least some of its principles.

What is your preferential title?
May the Magic of Art be with You!

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”