Are atheists/agnostics more moral than Christians?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
John Right

Re: Are atheists/agnostics more moral than Christians?

Post by John Right »

Mad Dog! I was wondering when you would slink in here. How's tricks?

Anyway, this thread is probably out of your area of expertise given that is requires laying off the dum dum juice long enough to write out a clear concise thought.
John Right

Post by John Right »

Binary Boy, go have another happy joint and then get down on your knees and thank god you haven't been put down by a Muslim, Sharia compliant government, (which is what you would be living under had it not been for the crusades), for being Gay.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

John Right wrote:Binary Boy, go have another happy joint and then get down on your knees and thank god you haven't been put down by a Muslim, Sharia compliant government, (which is what you would be living under had it not been for the crusades), for being Gay.

Cop out. If you don't have an answer at least have the cojones to say so. Sarcasm and insult I can get almost anywhere.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
mtnman1
Guru

Post by mtnman1 »

Troll alert!
Lack of objection is implied consent.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

To address the morality question, history is replete with instances of Christians conveniently putting aside the teachings of Christ to advance their own selfish agendas. John Right's example of the Crusades is but one, a good one, but just one of many.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut
my2rotties
Lord of the Board

Post by my2rotties »

mountain_climber4567 wrote:
my2rotties wrote:Oh sweet BEJEEZUS!!! It is getting hot in here...

:dyinglaughing:

my2rotties, don't get sucked into the black hole that is this thread...or should that be black "troll"??? :-k

I already know that I am going to hell... Remember when we were kids and would say "I'm going to hell, so I can party with all my friends"...

If going to heaven means I have to live the way the OP says according to a book written by people, not GOD, I can deal with it. I don't want to be there. If I die and have no soul, I lived an awesome life and it was fun while it lasted. What can ya do?

Honestly, it is getting really warm in here... either hells gates are opening for all of us, or someone is blowing a lot of hot air.

I think people just talk or post for the sake of listening to themselves...So what, I'm going to hell, should I be upset about it?
It doesn't matter how good looking he or she is, some where, someone is tired of his or her's crap.
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

ok clearly this discussion with you will go nowhere. You first ask "name one case of...". Summarily dismiss the answer I gave [crusades] and then use it as a chip in your favour, You don't even know your wrong. I'm totally calling you on this this.

The crusades were about... quote "religious, political, and economic reasons"
the legacy tab is very informative too, guess where some of our sophistication came from?
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusades ... ected=true
Last edited by WhatThe on Aug 9th, 2010, 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Right

Post by John Right »

Binary Boy, I think I did answer your question. Perhaps it was too complicated for you to grasp, I apologize. Let's put it another way; muslims were taking over europe, the pope wanted to stop them, so he went to war. He eventually beat them back into the desert and that left Europe free to be inhabited by christians. Fast forward a few hundred years; european christians came across the ocean and populated north america, where you now live. I assume you are of european decent and are free to do whatever the heck you like, right? These things just don't happen by chance you know, there is a reason you live in such a free, prosperous society. There wasn't just a big bang one day and poof, you landed in your lazy boy, in front of your big screen with a high ball in your hand.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

I'm not disputing what happened, or the results, my point is that the way it was done was not in keeping with the teachings of Christ. You're saying this was justifiable? What of the Muslims and their beliefs?
strwbrrydvl
Guru

Post by strwbrrydvl »

John Right wrote:These things just don't happen by chance you know, there is a reason you live in such a free, prosperous society. There wasn't just a big bang one day and poof, you landed in your lazy boy, in front of your big screen with a high ball in your hand.

Evolution and innovation tied in with becoming a civilized society my dear Watson.
Some people develop a wishbone where their backbone should be.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

John Right wrote:Binary Boy, go have another happy joint and then get down on your knees and thank god you haven't been put down by a Muslim, ...

Shouldn't that be God with a capital "G" [-X Sorry, you fail.
my2rotties
Lord of the Board

Post by my2rotties »

John Right wrote:Binary Boy, I think I did answer your question. Perhaps it was too complicated for you to grasp, I apologize. Let's put it another way; muslims were taking over europe, the pope wanted to stop them, so he went to war. He eventually beat them back into the desert and that left Europe free to be inhabited by christians. Fast forward a few hundred years; european christians came across the ocean and populated north america, where you now live. I assume you are of european decent and are free to do whatever the heck you like, right? These things just don't happen by chance you know, there is a reason you live in such a free, prosperous society. There wasn't just a big bang one day and poof, you landed in your lazy boy, in front of your big screen with a high ball in your hand.

I do have to say you are really REALLY good. You make no sense, but I have to give an A+ for your efforts in blabbering about total garbage. I guess as long as you and your brain washed peers all agree, it is all good.

I guess you will get a few extra brownie points for your tenacity at the pearly gates :hailjo: Nobody else cares about your garbage so why do you keep bothering. Last time you started a thread you got your panties pulled down and got spanked... then you vanished for a little while. Too bad you came back with your incessant rantings.
It doesn't matter how good looking he or she is, some where, someone is tired of his or her's crap.
strwbrrydvl
Guru

Post by strwbrrydvl »

steven lloyd wrote:
John Right wrote:Binary Boy, go have another happy joint and then get down on your knees and thank god you haven't been put down by a Muslim, ...

Shouldn't that be God with a capital "G" [-X Sorry, you fail.

:coffeecanuck:
Some people develop a wishbone where their backbone should be.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

strwbrrydvl wrote: Evolution and innovation tied in with becoming a civilized society my dear Watson.

Woah - he couldn't even get the capital "G" in God and you want to bring up evolution :200:
John Right

Post by John Right »

Mad Dog, at least your honest, I admire that. But I feel that you have a distorted view of what being a Christian is all about. It's not a bunch of rules that must be obeyed. You don't have to accumulate enough spiritual points so you can earn a free pass to paradise when you die! That is completely wrong. At it's basic core is this one simple statement;

John 3:16 (New International Version)

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

There is no caveat, no tricks or further rules. Just believe in him, that's it and have eternal life! Not too complicated is it? Don't get hung on all the noise out there about what you can and can't do.

You can still enjoy your life you know, I do.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”