Are atheists/agnostics more moral than Christians?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
strwbrrydvl
Guru

Re: Are atheists/agnostics more moral than Christians?

Post by strwbrrydvl »

steven lloyd wrote:Woah - he couldn't even get the capital "G" in God and you want to bring up evolution :200:

That reminds me of a quote, Steven.. "Science too hard? Try Religion."
Some people develop a wishbone where their backbone should be.
my2rotties
Lord of the Board

Post by my2rotties »

steven lloyd wrote:
John Right wrote:Binary Boy, go have another happy joint and then get down on your knees and thank god you haven't been put down by a Muslim, ...

Shouldn't that be God with a capital "G" [-X Sorry, you fail.

:coffeecanuck:
It doesn't matter how good looking he or she is, some where, someone is tired of his or her's crap.
strwbrrydvl
Guru

Post by strwbrrydvl »

John Right wrote:John 3:16 (New International Version)

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

There is no caveat, no tricks or further rules. Just believe in him, that's it and have eternal life! Not too complicated is it? Don't get hung on all the noise out there about what you can and can't do.

You can still enjoy your life you know, I do.

So a murderer who believes in 'God' gets a pass into the pearly gates because he asked for forgiveness but a good law abiding and humanitarian atheist would be sent to hell?

(If that were the case, the Atheist wins in morality but loses out after death, makes no sense!)
Last edited by strwbrrydvl on Aug 9th, 2010, 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some people develop a wishbone where their backbone should be.
WhatThe

Post by WhatThe »

... And thankfully some godless communists helped stop me from speaking Christian German. What's your point?
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

my2rotties wrote: If you don't like gay marriage, blame the straight people. They are the ones who keep having gay babies.

In an Angus Reid poll, babies of Christian parents who couldn’t spell God correctly were three times more likely to have gay children – not that there’s anything wrong with that ( having gay children ).
John Right

Post by John Right »

Mr. lloyd, thankyou for your patronizing correction on my lower case G. It's just I've been typing all day and it was an honest mistake, I will try to do better in the future. But it was nice of you to acknowledge that our GOD deserves to have the full upper case treatement. Maybe there's hope for you afterall. Cause after the hate filled schlock you cranked out during the Gay Pride thread, I wrote you off as a silly little school boy with the mental agility of a small soap dish.

BTW did you hear that scientists recently reclassified Neanderthals as *bleep* sapiens neandrathals? Which is just a scientific way of saying that neandrathal bones are just a variety of true humans, not primitive man.
my2rotties
Lord of the Board

Post by my2rotties »

John Right wrote:Mr. lloyd, thankyou for your patronizing correction on my lower case G. It's just I've been typing all day and it was an honest mistake, I will try to do better in the future. But it was nice of you to acknowledge that our GOD deserves to have the full upper case treatement. Maybe there's hope for you afterall. Cause after the hate filled schlock you cranked out during the Gay Pride thread, I wrote you off as a silly little school boy with the mental agility of a small soap dish.

BTW did you hear that scientists recently reclassified Neanderthals as *bleep* sapiens neandrathals? Which is just a scientific way of saying that neandrathal bones are just a variety of true humans, not primitive man.

:sleepdeprived:
It doesn't matter how good looking he or she is, some where, someone is tired of his or her's crap.
my2rotties
Lord of the Board

Post by my2rotties »

John Right wrote:Mad Dog! I was wondering when you would slink in here. How's tricks?

Anyway, this thread is probably out of your area of expertise given that is requires laying off the dum dum juice long enough to write out a clear concise thought.

Are you referring to me? Dumb dumb juice, much like the wine people get when they go to church... oh yeah they had to change it to grape juice due to all the alcoholic Christians out there, right? I thought wine was well received in Christianity...
John Right

Post by John Right »

Stawberry Lady, ours is not to reason why GOD does what he does. He gives us a choice and is waiting with open arms, but it is our choice.

Is it really so hard to believe that GOD created such an incredible world such as this and us along with it? Is it easier to believe that we were hatched with goo from the zoo and that a random exposion in space created all this?

Life is a miracle and only GOD can perform miracles, not fireworks or monkeys.
John Right

Post by John Right »

Mad Dog, I was talking about tequila, yes wine is ok, but not a whole case in one night! Ease up buddy.
my2rotties
Lord of the Board

Post by my2rotties »

John Right wrote:Mad Dog, I was talking about tequila, yes wine is ok, but not a whole case in one night! Ease up buddy.

I hate Tequila, try again... why would you even think such a thing, or are you just stereo typing people as usual? Not your fault, it is hard to know a person when your head is crammed up your behind.

Plus, I am not at all your buddy.
Last edited by my2rotties on Aug 9th, 2010, 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

zzontar wrote:Having good morals and displaying good morals are two separate things... e.g. a bag of cash falls out of an armored truck... some may turn it in for fear of being caught, some for fear of "hell", some both, but it looks moral nonetheless ... the only way to tell who has the best morals would be to take consequence out of the picture completely.

And some will take the money and hope for foregiveness on Sunday.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
John Right

Post by John Right »

Mad Dog, that's not very nice, I was just having some fun with you. You sound more like a pina coloda guy to me, little umbrella in the glass, am I close?
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

John Right wrote:Mr. lloyd, thankyou for your patronizing correction on my lower case G. It's just I've been typing all day and it was an honest mistake, I will try to do better in the future.

That’s good to know. To err is human, to forgive is divine ( p.s. I forgive you ).

John Right wrote: But it was nice of you to acknowledge that our GOD deserves to have the full upper case treatement.

Of course He/She/It does (your mistake). But to pretend to have understanding of His/Her/It’s purpose based on some ancient book written by uneducated and ignorant men is blasphemy and I hope He/She/It will forgive you for your arrogance.
:137: Do you not understand the teachings of Christ and all of the other prophets?

John Right wrote: Maybe there's hope for you afterall. Cause after the hate filled schlock you cranked out during the Gay Pride thread, I wrote you off as a silly little school boy with the mental agility of a small soap dish.

Maybe, but there appears to be little hope for you. So sad. “Hate filled schlock”? You mean that’s what it felt like to you after being exposed for the ignorant bigot that you present yourself as?
Small soup dish? Ouch. :dyinglaughing:

John Right wrote: BTW did you hear that scientists recently reclassified Neanderthals as *bleep* sapiens neandrathals? Which is just a scientific way of saying that neandrathal bones are just a variety of true humans, not primitive man.

:137: This is news to you?
Did you hear that scientists have come close to isolating the Christian gene? It’s actually a small subgroup as only one particular strain is predominantly prone to ignorant bigotry.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Nebula wrote:And some will take the money and hope for foregiveness on Sunday.

And some believe that they as long as they believe in God, they can keep the money and still get into heaven when the apocalypse comes. Go figure.
“We’ll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective.” – Kurt Vonnegut

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”