Are atheists/agnostics more moral than Christians?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Re: Are atheists/agnostics more moral than Christians?

Post by steven lloyd »

John Right wrote:Mad Dog, that's not very nice, I was just having some fun with you. You sound more like a pina coloda guy to me, little umbrella in the glass, am I close?

Actually, she is female - and she doesn't share her umbrellas with ignoramuses or bigots.
But keep practicing those "people skills" :dyinglaughing:
my2rotties
Lord of the Board

Post by my2rotties »

John Right wrote:Mad Dog, that's not very nice, I was just having some fun with you. You sound more like a pina coloda guy to me, little umbrella in the glass, am I close?

I'm not a guy... sorry to burst your bubble...
It doesn't matter how good looking he or she is, some where, someone is tired of his or her's crap.
strwbrrydvl
Guru

Post by strwbrrydvl »

She's a lady, so having a little umbrella in the glass wouldn't be fruity. I'm thinking she's a no-fuss bacardi breezer kinda gal.
Some people develop a wishbone where their backbone should be.
my2rotties
Lord of the Board

Post by my2rotties »

Are you actually insinuating that I am an abomination, or I am mean "gay"? I might be an abomination, but I am purely hetero.
It doesn't matter how good looking he or she is, some where, someone is tired of his or her's crap.
my2rotties
Lord of the Board

Post by my2rotties »

strwbrrydvl wrote:

She's a lady, so having a little umbrella in the glass wouldn't be fruity. I'm thinking she's a no-fuss bacardi breezer kinda gal.

Actually I love my wine... but not by the case... maybe a bottle though on a good night. At least when I am socilaizing with other people that are going to hell right along with me.
strwbrrydvl
Guru

Post by strwbrrydvl »

my2rotties wrote:Actually I love my wine... but not by the case... maybe a bottle though on a good night.

My fave also, I just had you pictured as drinking out of a bottle.. I guess you could drink out of a bottle of wine too, be sure to take it out of the brown paper bag - it's classier ;)
John Right

Post by John Right »

Crass Nebula, you really don't have a very good opinion about Christians do you? I can almost gaurantee that there are no Christians hiding under your bed or in your closet with a large kitchen knife waiting to carve you up into little peices. They don't suck your blood and they don't turn into hairy dogs with big teeth either.

You seem to be confused about who the real bad guys are. It's more likely the mad men in Korea and Iran who are about to go nuclear and are dying to blow something up. Or the Muslim terrorists dressed as a business man sitting next to you on an airliner. The good Christian armies of the United States and Canada will do their best to protect you from harm, and young men and woman are dying every day towards that end. But for crying out loud, identify who your real enemy is and stop obsessing about a few bad apples.
strwbrrydvl
Guru

Post by strwbrrydvl »

John Right wrote:You seem to be confused about who the real bad guys are. It's more likely the mad men in Korea and Iran who are about to go nuclear and are dying to blow something up. Or the Muslim terrorists dressed as a business man sitting next to you on an airliner. The good Christian armies of the United States and Canada will do their best to protect you from harm, and young men and woman are dying every day towards that end. But for crying out loud, identify who your real enemy is and stop obsessing about a few bad apples.

Good Christian armies? No, those would be our federal armed forces not a Christian army.. Unless you are talking about the KKK who commonly refers to themselves as a Christian army but I don't think they accomplish anything good.
my2rotties
Lord of the Board

Post by my2rotties »

strwbrrydvl wrote:
my2rotties wrote:Actually I love my wine... but not by the case... maybe a bottle though on a good night.

My fave also, I just had you pictured as drinking out of a bottle.. I guess you could drink out of a bottle of wine too, be sure to take it out of the brown paper bag - it's classier ;)

I keep a flask in my coat pocket. I do drink out a glass until I get too inebriated and miss my mouth. Then the bottle is much easier to deal with. I like wine with twist caps, makes it easier to go loiter at public parks and get smashed.

I am going to hell, but it can't be that much warmer the K town...
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

John Right wrote:Crass Nebula, you really don't have a very good opinion about Christians do you?

Unfortunately, you don’t present a good picture. I know a good number of educated and intelligent Christians, but regrettably, you feed the negative stereotype.

John Right wrote: You seem to be confused about who the real bad guys are.

The real bad guys are the people who promote and perpetuate ignorance, intolerance and bigotry. The real bad guys look just like the guy you see in the mirror every morning.
John Right

Post by John Right »

BoneHead (love your icon), you like that word 'bigot' don't you? You use it every single time you write something, bigot, bigot, bigot, bigot. You also resort to a lot of name calling, I assume because you have nothing more meaningly or insightful to offer. Like a little school boy it always comes down to that level of maturity with you doesn't it? I hear there is a forum about 'Sand Boxes' under the 'Little Kids' section that might be more up your alley. Then you can call people names, stamp your feet and have a real nice hissy fit and it will be nice for you. They don't use big words over there like 'gymnasium' so you'll be able to follow along easily. Just trying to help you out sonny.
John Right

Post by John Right »

Mad Dog, trust me, it's a lot hotter than the OK. And summer last forever........
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

John Right wrote:BoneHead (love your icon), you like that word 'bigot' don't you? You use it every single time you write something, bigot, bigot, bigot, bigot.

Bigot: A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices.

That word perfectly describes the manner in which you behave.

John Right wrote:You also resort to a lot of name calling, I assume because you have nothing more meaningly or insightful to offer.

Name calling? Like this?:

John Right wrote:Like a little school boy it always comes down to that level of maturity with you doesn't it? I hear there is a forum about 'Sand Boxes' under the 'Little Kids' section that might be more up your alley. Then you can call people names, stamp your feet and have a real nice hissy fit and it will be nice for you. They don't use big words over there like 'gymnasium' so you'll be able to follow along easily. Just trying to help you out sonny.
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.
36Drew
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by 36Drew »

John Right wrote:Crass Nebula, you really don't have a very good opinion about Christians do you? I can almost gaurantee that there are no Christians hiding under your bed or in your closet with a large kitchen knife waiting to carve you up into little peices. They don't suck your blood and they don't turn into hairy dogs with big teeth either.

You seem to be confused about who the real bad guys are. It's more likely the mad men in Korea and Iran who are about to go nuclear and are dying to blow something up. Or the Muslim terrorists dressed as a business man sitting next to you on an airliner. The good Christian armies of the United States and Canada will do their best to protect you from harm, and young men and woman are dying every day towards that end. But for crying out loud, identify who your real enemy is and stop obsessing about a few bad apples.

Westboro Baptist Church. Pot. Kettle. Black.
I'd like to change your mind, but I don't have a fresh diaper.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

John Right wrote:BoneHead (love your icon),...

Thanks. It represents evolution (or lack thereof).

John Right wrote:... you like that word 'bigot' don't you? You use it every single time you write something, bigot, bigot, bigot, bigot.

Actually no, but it certainly fits in your case. Is that as uncomfortable for you as you make it seem ? I would certainly hope so. Don't have the guts to really evaluate that idea though, do you ?

I'll pray for you to find the courage and strength [-o< ( "please God, help little Johnny" )

John Right wrote: Like a little school boy it always comes down to that level of maturity with you doesn't it?

:wink: Well we certainly know this has nothing to do with maturity for you does it John ?

John Right wrote: I hear there is a forum about 'Sand Boxes' under the 'Little Kids' section that might be more up your alley. Then you can call people names, stamp your feet and have a real nice hissy fit and it will be nice for you. They don't use big words over there like 'gymnasium' so you'll be able to follow along easily. Just trying to help you out sonny.

:coffeecanuck: Gymnasium. Hissy fit. Help me out. I love it :dyinglaughing:
Last edited by steven lloyd on Aug 9th, 2010, 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”