Who even says there is a god?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
sweetwhisper

Re: Who even says there is a god?

Post by sweetwhisper »

Thankyou, I have enjoyed all the forums for quite a while,,, all the banter etc.. It feels good to finally contribute to the 'conversations'..
What a fantastic place to say whats on our minds (albeit we all think different, we all end up wanting the same things,, love, health, happiness and a decent place to spend our time on this beautiful planet....)
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

Oh boy. Now she's going to get warm and fuzzy feelings about the forums. Way to go, dudes!

(My apologies to the OP if you are actually male. Or homosexual. Or Christian, have a noticeable physical disablity, such as being vertically challenged, or if you are old, young, middle-aged, blond, brunette, red hair or black hair, Oriental, Occidental, Accidental or born on purpose.)
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
normaM
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by normaM »

don_pepe wrote:So you're a deist?

ok, I'm so tired I read this as dentist. I need more sleep or someone to read aloud for me :) Nice post OP btw.
Am I free tomorrow? No I'm expensive every day
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

normaM wrote:
don_pepe wrote:So you're a deist?

ok, I'm so tired I read this as dentist.

The Lord is my shepherd (rinse) I shall not want (spit) He maketh me to lie do in green pastures (this might hurt a little)...
Heal the sick, feed the hungry, care for the weakest among us, and always pray in private.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

sweetwhisper wrote: ... when I use the word God......I am referring to the source of supreme intelligence manifesting itself as pure energy that we call life its self. I am referring to the largest manifestation of a system that replicates itself in smaller and smaller versions through a process that empowers the system itself to exist and to expand. I am talking about the biggest undifferentiated stem cell in existence, from which life in all its forms emerges...

:-k Hmmm. That could work ( except maybe the "undifferentiated stem cell" part ). I like it.
westsidebud
Lord of the Board

Post by westsidebud »

NASA's Hubble Space Telescope has detected, for the first time ever, the presence of oxygen and carbon in the atmosphere of a planet outside our solar system.

The oxygen naturally exists and is not produced by any sort of life on the gaseous hot world, astronomers caution. Nevertheless, it is a promising demonstration that the chemical composition of atmospheres on planets many light-years away can be measured. This could someday lead to finding the atmospheric biomarkers of life on extrasolar planets.

http://hubblesite.org/newscenter/archiv ... 4/44/text/

looks like god is being debunked
GO CANUCKS GO
strwbrrydvl
Guru

Post by strwbrrydvl »

westsidebud wrote:looks like god is being debunked

Welcome back.

Their excuse will surely be that 'God' created the entire universe and just forgot to have one of his instruments write it down in that novel of his.. :127:
Some people develop a wishbone where their backbone should be.
westsidebud
Lord of the Board

Post by westsidebud »

ty glad be back
GO CANUCKS GO
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

westsidebud wrote:NASA's Hubble Space Telescope has detected, for the first time ever, the presence of oxygen and carbon in the atmosphere of a planet outside our solar system.

The oxygen naturally exists and is not produced by any sort of life on the gaseous hot world, astronomers caution. Nevertheless, it is a promising demonstration that the chemical composition of atmospheres on planets many light-years away can be measured. This could someday lead to finding the atmospheric biomarkers of life on extrasolar planets.

http://hubblesite.org/newscenter/archiv ... 4/44/text/

looks like god is being debunked

Welcome back buddy.

Could you please explain to me how this discovery would debunk the existence of God ?
westsidebud
Lord of the Board

Post by westsidebud »

ty steve, well if life is proven to exsist on other planets that is not human in looks or features, but still intelligent imo makes any bible obsolete, from what i read in any bible, theres no mantion of life on other planets and no mention of non humans being inteligent
GO CANUCKS GO
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

westsidebud wrote:ty steve, well if life is proven to exsist on other planets that is not human in looks or features, but still intelligent imo makes any bible obsolete, from what i read in any bible, theres no mantion of life on other planets and no mention of non humans being inteligent

Well, that would certainly debunk the Bible - but that wasn't my question.
Big ned
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Big ned »

I do.
westsidebud
Lord of the Board

Post by westsidebud »

steven lloyd wrote:
westsidebud wrote:ty steve, well if life is proven to exsist on other planets that is not human in looks or features, but still intelligent imo makes any bible obsolete, from what i read in any bible, theres no mantion of life on other planets and no mention of non humans being inteligent

well i guess since i do not believe in god , he/she is already debunked , but let me ask you, what in your opinion , would debunk god?
GO CANUCKS GO
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

westsidebud wrote:
steven lloyd wrote:

well i guess since i do not believe in god , he/she is already debunked , but let me ask you, what in your opinion , would debunk god?

Assuming something is already debunked just because you do not believe it is not exactly a prime example of critical thinking buddy. Stephen Hawking, arguably one of the greatest thinkers of our time, has challenged his own atheist position after conceding his theory that time began when the universe was “created” could explain the idea of an infinite God that has always existed, exists now and will always exist. This idea is something that is exclusive of religion, although many people engage in religion to explore and embrace it in their own way (I do not). It is also an idea that many scientists concede cannot simply be dismissed due to some arrogance in believing we have the ability to discover the reason, cause and purpose for everything. That being said, and apart from my own personal experience with God which I will not share here, there is nothing that would completely debunk the idea of God. Apart from my own personal experience, outright dismissing an idea that cannot be proven or disproven by logic, science or rational thought simply betrays the willingness to engage in the discontinuation of thought.
westsidebud
Lord of the Board

Post by westsidebud »

well the thing for me is christianty is a human invented thing in my books , and before that gods and goddesses were used to explain things humans did not fully understand, and if the bigbang theory pans out , there doesnt have to be any higher power responsible , it will be interesting to see if quantum and einstien phyisics can be brought together
GO CANUCKS GO

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”