Are we living in the end times?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
1nick
Lord of the Board

Re: Are we living in the end times?

Post by 1nick »

zzontar wrote:
nickd wrote:
zzontar wrote:
nickd wrote:the quotes sited in this work of fiction are just that fiction
you can keep spewing the nonsense out of that book till the cows come home.
the end of times in the bible is fear mogering at its worst to bring people under its control.
:skyisfalling: then :hailjo:

So which things on Queen K's list do you think are fictitious? Or do you think she's just a fear mongerer?

none, except the religious bits

Ah, so you're the type that would be in the sinking boat, but because it was predicted in the bible, you'd think you weren't sinking?
:137:

because it is written in the bible doesn't make it so
these events are happening around the world wether their written in the bible or not.
"predicted in the bible""prophecy" or just observation by the manipulative.
you sit in the boat and pray, I'll help fix the hole
zzontar
Guru

Post by zzontar »

nickd wrote:because it is written in the bible doesn't make it so
these events are happening around the world wether their written in the bible or not.
you sit in the boat and pray I'll help and fix the hole

What you don't realize is that the hole's not getting fixed, so you keep telling yourself that the boat won't sink eventually if it keeps filling with water and you'll probably keep believing it.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
wthwyt
Lord of the Board

Post by wthwyt »

nickd wrote:
zzontar wrote:
nickd wrote:
zzontar wrote:
nickd wrote:the quotes sited in this work of fiction are just that fiction
you can keep spewing the nonsense out of that book till the cows come home.
the end of times in the bible is fear mogering at its worst to bring people under its control.
:skyisfalling: then :hailjo:

So which things on Queen K's list do you think are fictitious? Or do you think she's just a fear mongerer?

none, except the religious bits

Ah, so you're the type that would be in the sinking boat, but because it was predicted in the bible, you'd think you weren't sinking?
:137:

because it is written in the bible doesn't make it so
you sit in the boat and pray, I'll help fix the hole

Anyone predict stuff and sooner or later it will happen. I predict that: 6/49 will draw these numbers 1--13--19--25--40--49.
MineralDoc
Board Meister

Post by MineralDoc »

averagejoe wrote:Thanks mineraldoc! Being so new here on Castanet forum, I would assume you have been an old poster in your past life?

MineralDoc wrote:
steven lloyd wrote:
zzontar wrote: It's your "every man for himself and let the future generations worry about it" attitude that will bring us to the end even faster.

:129: It's sometimes hard to presume if Captain is really that narrow-sighted or if he just likes being a troll.

I believe the latter is more prevalent than the former. But I thought I was wrong once, it later turned out that I was just mistaken. Ooooopppss, my bad, I thought we were discussing avrgjoseph.

Thank you once again for your welcome and acknowledgement. Thank you for recognizing that I do learn quickly, it is a by-product of my profession where I have learned how to recognize, hypothesize, calculate, formulate, predict, organize, compare, analyze, and when all else fails.....ask. Your futile attemps at insults are a waste of time but, are still predictable and I hypothinize that this will not be the last time it will be attempted. By my calculations, I expect that formulations will be proven true in less than 120 minutes...119....118...
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

MineralDoc, I predict your prediction will be 100 percent accurate, plus or minus one percent, 19 times out of 20.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
MineralDoc
Board Meister

Post by MineralDoc »

babbitman wrote:MineralDoc, I predict your prediction will be 100 percent accurate, plus or minus one percent, 19 times out of 20.

What odds you give me on that wager? 3-5?
tryscotty
Fledgling

Post by tryscotty »

I did say I was done posting on this thread, but I changed my mind. I'm bored.

From what I've read, which is not everything for sure, because as soon as it gets dogmatic I stop. For anyone who really wants to know if these are the end times as in the Bibles prophecy, they are. Am I being dogmatic? You might think so.

There is an 800lb gorilla in the room nobody has mentioned. I did allude to it earlier but no takers on my comment. I did say there was predicted a succession of world powers in the Bible didnt I? Guess what? 2500 years until now they have all been here and were in the last one. After the dual world power of the USA/England its game over for human rule.

Besides this very big gorilla which nobody can say "they have always been here" or "you can predict anything and it will come true eventually" How about the Nazis? Soviet Union? The cold war? All predicted.

I'm not going to mention anything about the signs, you can have some excuse or reason away. I'm sticking to ones you cannot.

There are also specific timelines of key events that have passed and have been fulfilled. I wont mention yet.

Its interesting to me that all the evidence lines up exactly. And yes part of the sign is , people everywhere would be critical saying "where are these thing? "Everything is just has its always been"

This is of course GOOD NEWS. Does anyone else here know that the Bibles end times is the end of all suffering? Its the end of wickedness? Its not the end of the planet or all human life. Its the end of Human rule and the beginning of rule by God.

And yes that too is clearly layed out in the Bible.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

tryscotty wrote:I did say I was done posting on this thread, but I changed my mind. I'm bored.

From what I've read, which is not everything for sure, because as soon as it gets dogmatic I stop. For anyone who really wants to know if these are the end times as in the Bibles prophecy, they are. Am I being dogmatic? You might think so.

There is an 800lb gorilla in the room nobody has mentioned. I did allude to it earlier but no takers on my comment. I did say there was predicted a succession of world powers in the Bible didnt I? Guess what? 2500 years until now they have all been here and were in the last one. After the dual world power of the USA/England its game over for human rule.

Besides this very big gorilla which nobody can say "they have always been here" or "you can predict anything and it will come true eventually" How about the Nazis? Soviet Union? The cold war? All predicted.

I'm not going to mention anything about the signs, you can have some excuse or reason away. I'm sticking to ones you cannot.

There are also specific timelines of key events that have passed and have been fulfilled. I wont mention yet.

Its interesting to me that all the evidence lines up exactly. And yes part of the sign is , people everywhere would be critical saying "where are these thing? "Everything is just has its always been"

This is of course GOOD NEWS. Does anyone else here know that the Bibles end times is the end of all suffering? Its the end of wickedness? Its not the end of the planet or all human life. Its the end of Human rule and the beginning of rule by God.

Please humor me with verses to back your comments up.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
tryscotty
Fledgling

Post by tryscotty »

hockeyfan1970 wrote:
tryscotty wrote:I did say I was done posting on this thread, but I changed my mind. I'm bored.

The scriptures are there but it requires one to view them in a timeline along with history. Like a puzzle with many pieces, the more you put in place the clearer the picture gets. The picture is very clear.

I will give you a taste of one fact out of many. The Soviet Union is decribed as making a God out of their military. Have you seen the picture pf the parades with their missles? I have.

I'm not willing to try to do this in this forum but I am willing to sit down and have some coffee with anyone who would like to look at this more indepth.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

tryscotty wrote:
hockeyfan1970 wrote:

The scriptures are there but it requires one to view them in a timeline along with history. Like a puzzle with many pieces, the more you put in place the clearer the picture gets. The picture is very clear.

I will give you a taste of one fact out of many. The Soviet Union is decribed as making a God out of their military. Have you seen the picture pf the parades with their missles? I have.

I'm not willing to try to do this in this forum but I am willing to sit down and have some coffee with anyone who would like to look at this more indepth.

Okay then PM me, this timeline via bible verses then.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
tryscotty
Fledgling

Post by tryscotty »

Sorry but writing in detail along with cross references side by side with history would make for a book not a pm. I could show you in person some of it in about an hour. At least a general overview to start. It took me over a year to go through this the first time I studied it. I'm willing to show anyone who sincerely wants the knowledge to decide for themselves.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

I know nickd is displaying his ignorance by trying to suggest the Bible is nothing more than a work of fiction, but I really have to question your claim you have figured out the relevance and implications in just one year. Biblical anthropologists have spent a lifetime studying the writings of the Bible and linking those stories contained within to anthropological evidence. While real scientific evidence exists to support the writings that formed the basis for the Bible, understanding of that evidence remains open to interpretation. I would be interested in knowing why you think you have figured out the true implications.
tryscotty
Fledgling

Post by tryscotty »

steven lloyd wrote:I know nickd is displaying his ignorance by trying to suggest the Bible is nothing more than a work of fiction, but I really have to question your claim you have figured out the relevance and implications in just one year. Biblical anthropologists have spent a lifetime studying the writings of the Bible and linking those stories contained within to anthropological evidence. While real scientific evidence exists to support the writings that formed the basis for the Bible, understanding of that evidence remains open to interpretation. I would be interested in knowing why you think you have figured out the true implications.

You would be correct that I couldnt achieve this in a year. I studied the information that others spent lifetimes gathering. These ones with Gods blessing were able to understand these things. Once they are pointed out and compared though, they are very clear as to their meaning.

I'm of course still learning but I can say that I've spent some 25 years so far doing it. It was more than a year on just a dozen chapters regarding the rise and fall of these world powers and what each would do. After 2500 years of history 99% is done, only a few things left. The critics of these text say they were written after the fact, because there that accurate. I say, were they written 100 years ago? No. They're still being fulfilled so how can they be written after?

But on the other point, I'm not interested in teaching by way of this forum. I teach the Bible fulltime now for over 10 years and I do that for free if anyone would like to meet in person to have their sincere questions answered.

It is Sunday and yes I have a talk to work on. Have a great day and drive safe.
GordonH

Post by GordonH »

tryscotty wrote:Sorry but writing in detail along with cross references side by side with history would make for a book not a pm. I could show you in person some of it in about an hour. At least a general overview to start. It took me over a year to go through this the first time I studied it. I'm willing to show anyone who sincerely wants the knowledge to decide for themselves.

Never mind
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

tryscotty wrote:
steven lloyd wrote:I would be interested in knowing why you think you have figured out the true implications.

These ones with Gods blessing were able to understand these things.

Oh - God told you. Okay.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”