Do you think all Christians believe this?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
tryscotty
Fledgling

Re: Do you believe all Christians believe this?

Post by tryscotty »

-fluffy- wrote:I find it hard to take the bible literally, I'm convinced it is a parable meant to instruct and inspire rather than an accurate historical account. If it were true how the heck would Noah have dealt with woodpeckers on the ark? There's just too many questions.

You have a good point. However, Ive found that through careful study of the Bible many of peoples questions do have satisfying answers. Unfortunately many religions don't provide them. One fact about that. In the Bible God blames religions for all the bloodshed on the Earth. He's not happy with his supposed friends either. If you have sincere questions you can pm me. I have been teaching the Bible for over 20 yrs. I'm also NOT interested in debating so anyone who reads this and thinks it a challenge, please respect that.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Re: Do you think all Christians believe this?

Post by Nebula »

How do you 'teach' a book? I guess I could start 'teaching' The Hunt for Red October.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
tryscotty
Fledgling

Post by tryscotty »

Nebula wrote:How do you 'teach' a book? I guess I could start 'teaching' The Hunt for Red October.

I will answer you but I detect your sarcasm.

The Bible discusses many subjects like: what happens to us when we die? Who is God? Why does God allow suffering? And so forth. You teach the Bibles answers to these questions because they are not found in one place only. You therefore need to be aquainted with the different books and verses. It is also helpful to understand criticism of some texts so you can explain those things too. I've heard much of that and I know most are just repeating what they heard and never studied the Bible themselves.

If you only have more sarcasm for my answer , I won't dignify it with a response. If your question was sincere I hope I answered it.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

oh dear, you rose to the bait.
Actually no one here has actually READ the hunt for red october so they are just funning you.
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

normaM wrote:oh dear, you rose to the bait.
Actually no one here has actually READ the hunt for red october so they are just funning you.

I have. About 45-50 times.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”