I love my Hindu neighbour as myself, but he's going to hell

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: I love my Hindu neighbour as myself, but he's going to h

Post by fluffy »

forum wrote:Religion promotes profit through association. This goes directly against what we are striving for as a society. It attacks equality.

I'm not sure I get your drift, are you saying that all prejudice is a product of religion? And just what are we striving for as a society?
“Debating an idiot is like trying to play chess with a pigeon — it knocks the pieces over, craps on the board, and flies back to its flock to claim victory.”
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

:sunshine: BUMP

I was scrolling through MSN this morning and found this little gem: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44286249/ns/us_news-life/

For the life of me "it seemed like a good idea at the time" works here. And yes, they are still having the dinner, just in a different place, I take it smaller but still. Read between the lines and see that a girl's Catholic school tried to bridge the bounds between knowledge and understanding and what happened next.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Mr. Personality
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr. Personality »

I see a lot of fear and ignorance happening there. My favourite part is this:
"While the Archdiocese appreciates our good intentions, there is now some concern for the safety of those who would attend the meal due to the negative reaction this has garnered from some," MacDougal told staff in a letter, according to the newspaper. "As a result, the Archbishop has asked that we cancel our hosting the meal."

So the safety of the Catholics is in danger because of the negative reaction coming from Catholics?

I hate to disparage an entire Religion, but Catholics are insane.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I'm sure not ALL Catholics are insane. Just those who dare to think outside a box and those who react with threats to a dinner designed to inform and inspire.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”