Why are worldly people so repulsive compared to Christians?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Why are worldly people so repulsive compared to Christians?

Post by Thinktank »

Have you ever noticed the people who fear God and show at least some respect to God
are 'superior' to those people who think they can get away with 'mocking' and being totally
rude to God - because they say they don't like organized religion.

So organized religion is not so great. Actually, it's bad. But for Christ's sake, don't go around
bashing the bible, and disrespecting God.

Besides the hundreds of things in the bible that are confusing and not easy to explain, there
are some good logical things written in the bible, that only a complete idiot would choose to ignore.
A fool.

Are you a fool?

Why are you going around taking every opportunity to disrespect God?

:skippingsheep:
HAHAHAHAHA - Only 2% got Bonnie's Wicked Booster Shot.
xjeepguy
Buddha of the Board

Re: Why are worldly people so repulsive compared to Christia

Post by xjeepguy »

I think you have been smoking to much crack lately .
When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife
kelownalongtime
Board Meister

Post by kelownalongtime »

I don't think that we are disrespecting God. It's the people and their manner in which they deliver God's word to suit their own personal agenda, that we disrespect. It's more of not wanting to be associated with people that have done bad things in the name of God. Sometimes, people will walk away from others that are trying to cram their crap down other people's thoughts.
It's becoming more and more difficult these days to find a decent religious leader that can be trusted. It's the people that are driving others away from God.
fluffy
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by fluffy »

Well said.
“Debating an idiot is like trying to play chess with a pigeon — it knocks the pieces over, craps on the board, and flies back to its flock to claim victory.”
wthwyt
Lord of the Board

Post by wthwyt »

Religions in this case christian that say we are right and everyone else is wrong, may want to rethink that position. IMO they come across as arrogant and very self righteous as well incredible disrespectful, which God would be against.
forum
Guru

Post by forum »

WTHWYT wrote:Religions in this case christian that say we are right and everyone else is wrong, may want to rethink that position. IMO they come across as arrogant and very self righteous as well incredible disrespectful, which God would be against.

As an Atheist, Its just natural not to trust someone so gullible such as a Christian.
That doesn't make an Atheist repulsive, because they do no harm to Christians except dismiss their religion.

Christians would have to believe in every god to validate their idea. Christians are believers of their god, but Atheist toward other gods. A true Atheist accepts no nonsense and simply throws the entire idea of god away. It's too bad Christians take it so personally.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

forum wrote:
WTHWYT wrote:Religions in this case christian that say we are right and everyone else is wrong, may want to rethink that position. IMO they come across as arrogant and very self righteous as well incredible disrespectful, which God would be against.

As an Atheist, Its just natural not to trust someone so gullible such as a Christian.
That doesn't make an Atheist repulsive, because they do no harm to Christians except dismiss their religion.

Christians would have to believe in every god to validate their idea. Christians are believers of their god, but Atheist toward other gods. A true Atheist accepts no nonsense and simply throws the entire idea of god away. It's too bad Christians take it so personally.

How do you figure that? The term christians refers to the followers of jesus. There is no doubt by any religion that jesus existed what the other religions do not believe is that jesus is the son of god .

There were miracles performed by jesus along with prophecies that came true during his time that lead christians to believe he is the mesiah. the muslims believe jesus was a prophet and the jews believe altho he was a good man he was not the mesiah.

we have the same god.
subversionist

Post by subversionist »

Thinktank wrote:Have you ever noticed the people who fear God and show at least some respect to God
are 'superior' to those people who think they can get away with 'mocking' and being totally
rude to God - because they say they don't like organized religion.

So organized religion is not so great. Actually, it's bad. But for Christ's sake, don't go around
bashing the bible, and disrespecting God.

Besides the hundreds of things in the bible that are confusing and not easy to explain, there
are some good logical things written in the bible, that only a complete idiot would choose to ignore.
A fool.

Are you a fool?

Why are you going around taking every opportunity to disrespect God?

:skippingsheep:

As a Christian I find this post, and particularly its title, repulsive.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

subversionist wrote: As a Christian I find this post, and particularly its title, repulsive.

As a non-Christian, I am just as repulsed by this tripe as you are.
I once lived just a stone's throw away from a family who all died of mysterious head injuries.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

The only thing repulsive is this thread and the person who started it!
Never argue with a fool as those watching might not be able to tell the difference.
Mark Twain
coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

I can't help but wonder if Thinktank is related to the young atheist posting other topics in the Religion & Spirituality section; maybe we have a split-personality thing going on here?

As for this topic, I can't say that I am repulsed by Thinktanks posts...it's more like embarrassed pity.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Bsuds wrote:The only thing repulsive is this thread and the person who started it!

What about your new avatar ??? Freaky much :137:
I once lived just a stone's throw away from a family who all died of mysterious head injuries.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

That's how I look repulsed....
Never argue with a fool as those watching might not be able to tell the difference.
Mark Twain
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

:dyinglaughing: I thought maybe that was your "did you see that putt?" look.
kelownalongtime
Board Meister

Post by kelownalongtime »

Bsuds wrote:That's how I look repulsed....

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”