Coming Soon: The Extinction of Religion

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
forum
Guru

Coming Soon: The Extinction of Religion

Post by forum »

I'm predicting the extinction of religions such as Christianity and other Theism religions will finally come to extinction in the year of 2020. Yep, less than a decade.

First the East: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12799801

Then the West: http://huffingtonpostunionofbloggers.org/2011/03/23/study-religion-going-extinct-in-most-western-countries-why-does-it-still-dominate-our-politics/

Then the Rest: http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/03/23/religion-to-go-extinct-in-9-countries-experts-predict/?iref=obinsite%20Video:

Bing...Bang...Boom.

What's in store for us humble humans?? Singularity! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_singularity :ohmygod:
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: Coming Soon: The Extinction of Religion

Post by Glacier »

I hate to break it to you, but you're dead wrong. Those that adhere to the Islamic faith in Canada have seen their numbers increase by over 200% in just the past 15 years.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
forum
Guru

Post by forum »

Glacier wrote:I hate to break it to you, but you're dead wrong. Those that adhere to the Islamic faith in Canada have seen their numbers increase by over 200% in just the past 15 years.

Nope. More Islams have migrated over here, raising the stats in the area. Islamic faith over the world has declined substantially. And we aren't talking about the past. We're talking about the future of religions. The religion of Jedi has also seen an increase since it's introduction to Canada... :discodance:
Last edited by forum on Jun 24th, 2011, 1:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

forum wrote: What's in store for us humble humans??

You are right when you say: I'm predicting the extinction of religions such as Christianity and other Theism religions will finally come to extinction in the year of 2020. Yep, less than a decade.

Well let me tell you... what's going to happen. Soon, very soon a world teacher will come forward and all religions will be blended into a One World religion. With this teacher at it's head. He will preach the New Age religion to the world. Christainity must be destroyed for this to happen.
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
forum
Guru

Post by forum »

averagejoe wrote:forum wrote: What's in store for us humble humans??

Well let me tell you... what's going to happen. Soon, very soon a world teacher will come forward and all religions will be blended into a One World religion. With this teacher at it's head. He will preach the New Age religion to the world. Christainity must be destroyed for this to happen.

Are you referring to Julian Gerard?

or Richard Dawkins?

Give me something to grab onto Average Joe!
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

I can't comment on the date you predict but I can tell you the bible predicted thousands of years ago that people would start to turn from their faith. All you are showing me is more prophesy coming true.

mathew 24;10 - At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other,
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

forum wrote:
averagejoe wrote:forum wrote: What's in store for us humble humans??

Are you referring to Julian Gerard?

or Richard Dawkins?

Give me something to grab onto Average Joe!

No, I have known about this world teacher now for 30 years. He was discribed to me along ago. And this person is not known to many. But is now here. Watch for his star as it will night into day. Forget the Mayan non-sense.
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

forum
Guru

Post by forum »

cutter7 wrote:I can't comment on the date you predict but I can tell you the bible predicted thousands of years ago that people would start to turn from their faith. All you are showing me is more prophesy coming true.

mathew 24;10 - At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other,

Are you referring to the hatred these Christians are displaying? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCD2wigqFUk

or these one's? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP4h4WwX0NI
Last edited by forum on Jun 24th, 2011, 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

cutter7 wrote:I can't comment on the date you predict but I can tell you the bible predicted thousands of years ago that people would start to turn from their faith. All you are showing me is more prophesy coming true.

Yes cutter7. Nobody never talks talkes about the 2 witness's that take on the false prophit and the Anti-Christ. They will have the power of elijah and battle for 42 months.

The Power of the Two Witnesses:

Revelation 11:5-6 prophesies that the two witnesses will wield Divinely-given powers unprecedented in human history. Verse 5 states: “And if any man will hurt them, fire proceeds out of their mouth and devours their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.” [Emphasis added.] This verse describes the miraculous defensive power the two witnesses will be given. The two witnesses will proclaim God’s truths to an unbelieving world which does not welcome their message. The warning message the two witnesses will preach will surely include these elements: (A) the return of Jesus Christ is imminent, (B) the Divine Government of God will soon replace all human governments and (C) that mankind needs to repent of its sins and obey the laws of God. This message will not be popular.

The governing, multinational entity called the “Beast” power will seek to kill the two witnesses and silence their message. However, for the three and ½ years of their allotted ministry, the two witnesses will be invulnerable to any human attacks and all human weaponry. The above verse indicates that an unknown number of attackers will die trying to harm or kill the two witnesses. Indeed, it states that “any man” seeking to hurt the two witnesses “must” be killed by fire. No human power will be able to stop the ministry of the two witnesses for three and ½ years.

Their power was also foretold or foreshadowed in other prophecies. Zechariah 4:7 prophesied that before Zerubbabel (a type of one of the two witnesses), a “great mountain” will become “a plain.” A marginal reference in the “Open Bible Edition of the King James Version” notes that “great mountain” could be translated as “military power.” This indicates that even military forces sent to destroy the two witnesses will “become a plain” (i.e. be destroyed).

Malachi 4:5 prophesies that God will send “Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord” (i.e. the time setting in which the two witnesses will be called). The “day of the Lord” is the prophesied period of time at the very climax of this age when the Creator personally intervenes in human affairs. It is instructive that this prophecy cites “Elijah” as a type of this warning message which will occur just prior to the end of this age. Elijah performed awesome miracles as God’s power flowed through him. II Kings 1:8-16 relates that an Israelite king sent three separate military contingents of soldiers to seize Elijah. The first two contingents and their captains were annihilated by fire (the same method by which the enemies of the two witnesses will be slain). The third contingent, aware that the two previous military contingents were utterly destroyed by fire when they tried to seize a prophet of God, approached Elijah with respect and deference. Because of their different approach (they meekly “asked” Elijah to come with them to see the king), they lived. Those who wish to survive encounters with the two witnesses might keep this example in mind.

I Kings 18:20-40 records that Elijah called fire down from heaven to consume a sacrifice during a confrontation with 450 prophets of Baal. This confrontation ended with Elijah also killing the 450 prophets of Baal. Military forces sent to seize Elijah were slain by fire. This is precisely the kind of power that Revelation 11:5 prophesies the two witnesses will wield. It is apparent that the prophecy in Malachi 4 references the two witnesses in Revelation 11 because both the “Elijah” to come at the end of this age and the two witnesses will do the same things.

The two witnesses will also have offensive power. Revelation 11:6 prophesies they will “have power to shut heaven that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them into blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues as often as they will.” [Emphasis added.] This prophecy states the two witnesses will be able to miraculously intervene in the weather and elements of the earth to plague an unrepentant mankind as often as they will. This kind of power has two biblical precedents. A famous “twosome,” Moses and Aaron, had very similar power to plague the world’s dominant power at that time: Pharaoh’s Egypt. Exodus 7-12 describe the famous smiting of Egypt with a series of plagues which turned water into blood, and used a variety of natural plagues to afflict Egypt. The plagues climaxed with the killing of Egypt’s firstborn all across that nation. Also, Elijah plagued the sinful kingdom of Israel with a deadly drought for three and ½ years (I Kings 17:1-18:46). Revelation 11 prophesies the two witnesses will have the power to plague the world with droughts and it is noteworthy that James 5:17 notes that Elijah’s power to do this lasted for three and ½ years, the same period of time prophesied for the ministry of the two witnesses (Revelation 11:3).

When the “beast” power assumes some form of jurisdiction over at least part of Jerusalem, the leaders who guide this system will likely think they are on the verge of accomplishing their goal of a world government under their rule. However, when God empowers the two witnesses, all the plans of the “beast” power will be jeopardized (if not outright stopped). The book of Revelation is a prophecy with much symbolism, inset chapters and overlapping narrations about end-time events. For example, Revelation 11 is specifically about the two witnesses, but consider a possible connection to the events described in Revelation 16.

Revelation 11 prophesies the two witnesses will call down plagues on the earth “as often as they will,” and one of their plagues will turn water into blood. Revelation 16 describes a series of plagues which are poured out on an unrepentant mankind, and one of them turns water into blood all over the earth (verses 3-6). These plagues are even poured out “upon the seat of the beast” himself. Obviously, these plagues are poured out during the 42 months of the beast’s reign for even the beast himself is a recipient of at least some plagues. If the ministry of the two witnesses parallels the 42 months of the beast’s reign and Revelation 11 declares the two witnesses will be “plaguing” an unrepentant mankind, it follows that Revelation 16 describes some of the plagues which the two witnesses will be calling down from heaven upon mankind during the reign of the beast.

forum
Guru

Post by forum »

averagejoe wrote:

Yes cutter7. Nobody never talks talkes about the 2 witness's that take on the false prophit and the Anti-Christ. They will have the power of elijah and battle for 42 months.

The Power of the Two Witnesses:

Revelation 11:5-6 prophesies that the two witnesses will wield Divinely-given powers unprecedented in human history. Verse 5 states: “And if any man will hurt them, fire proceeds out of their mouth and devours their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.” [Emphasis added.] This verse describes the miraculous defensive power the two witnesses will be given. The two witnesses will proclaim God’s truths to an unbelieving world which does not welcome their message. The warning message the two witnesses will preach will surely include these elements: (A) the return of Jesus Christ is imminent, (B) the Divine Government of God will soon replace all human governments and (C) that mankind needs to repent of its sins and obey the laws of God. This message will not be popular.

The governing, multinational entity called the “Beast” power will seek to kill the two witnesses and silence their message. However, for the three and ½ years of their allotted ministry, the two witnesses will be invulnerable to any human attacks and all human weaponry. The above verse indicates that an unknown number of attackers will die trying to harm or kill the two witnesses. Indeed, it states that “any man” seeking to hurt the two witnesses “must” be killed by fire. No human power will be able to stop the ministry of the two witnesses for three and ½ years.

Their power was also foretold or foreshadowed in other prophecies. Zechariah 4:7 prophesied that before Zerubbabel (a type of one of the two witnesses), a “great mountain” will become “a plain.” A marginal reference in the “Open Bible Edition of the King James Version” notes that “great mountain” could be translated as “military power.” This indicates that even military forces sent to destroy the two witnesses will “become a plain” (i.e. be destroyed).

Malachi 4:5 prophesies that God will send “Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord” (i.e. the time setting in which the two witnesses will be called). The “day of the Lord” is the prophesied period of time at the very climax of this age when the Creator personally intervenes in human affairs. It is instructive that this prophecy cites “Elijah” as a type of this warning message which will occur just prior to the end of this age. Elijah performed awesome miracles as God’s power flowed through him. II Kings 1:8-16 relates that an Israelite king sent three separate military contingents of soldiers to seize Elijah. The first two contingents and their captains were annihilated by fire (the same method by which the enemies of the two witnesses will be slain). The third contingent, aware that the two previous military contingents were utterly destroyed by fire when they tried to seize a prophet of God, approached Elijah with respect and deference. Because of their different approach (they meekly “asked” Elijah to come with them to see the king), they lived. Those who wish to survive encounters with the two witnesses might keep this example in mind.

I Kings 18:20-40 records that Elijah called fire down from heaven to consume a sacrifice during a confrontation with 450 prophets of Baal. This confrontation ended with Elijah also killing the 450 prophets of Baal. Military forces sent to seize Elijah were slain by fire. This is precisely the kind of power that Revelation 11:5 prophesies the two witnesses will wield. It is apparent that the prophecy in Malachi 4 references the two witnesses in Revelation 11 because both the “Elijah” to come at the end of this age and the two witnesses will do the same things.

The two witnesses will also have offensive power. Revelation 11:6 prophesies they will “have power to shut heaven that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them into blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues as often as they will.” [Emphasis added.] This prophecy states the two witnesses will be able to miraculously intervene in the weather and elements of the earth to plague an unrepentant mankind as often as they will. This kind of power has two biblical precedents. A famous “twosome,” Moses and Aaron, had very similar power to plague the world’s dominant power at that time: Pharaoh’s Egypt. Exodus 7-12 describe the famous smiting of Egypt with a series of plagues which turned water into blood, and used a variety of natural plagues to afflict Egypt. The plagues climaxed with the killing of Egypt’s firstborn all across that nation. Also, Elijah plagued the sinful kingdom of Israel with a deadly drought for three and ½ years (I Kings 17:1-18:46). Revelation 11 prophesies the two witnesses will have the power to plague the world with droughts and it is noteworthy that James 5:17 notes that Elijah’s power to do this lasted for three and ½ years, the same period of time prophesied for the ministry of the two witnesses (Revelation 11:3).

When the “beast” power assumes some form of jurisdiction over at least part of Jerusalem, the leaders who guide this system will likely think they are on the verge of accomplishing their goal of a world government under their rule. However, when God empowers the two witnesses, all the plans of the “beast” power will be jeopardized (if not outright stopped). The book of Revelation is a prophecy with much symbolism, inset chapters and overlapping narrations about end-time events. For example, Revelation 11 is specifically about the two witnesses, but consider a possible connection to the events described in Revelation 16.

Revelation 11 prophesies the two witnesses will call down plagues on the earth “as often as they will,” and one of their plagues will turn water into blood. Revelation 16 describes a series of plagues which are poured out on an unrepentant mankind, and one of them turns water into blood all over the earth (verses 3-6). These plagues are even poured out “upon the seat of the beast” himself. Obviously, these plagues are poured out during the 42 months of the beast’s reign for even the beast himself is a recipient of at least some plagues. If the ministry of the two witnesses parallels the 42 months of the beast’s reign and Revelation 11 declares the two witnesses will be “plaguing” an unrepentant mankind, it follows that Revelation 16 describes some of the plagues which the two witnesses will be calling down from heaven upon mankind during the reign of the beast.

That's a nice story. It has a nice plot and even some good twists in there. Have you heard the story of Alice in Wonderland? Another timeless classic.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

forum wrote: That's a nice story. It has a nice plot and even some good twists in there. Have you heard the story of Alice in Wonderland? Another timeless classic.

Thank you forum. Time will tell. Just wait for the star that makes night into day and the day of declaration. On that day you will swear alliagence to the world teacher and the Beast system. I'm sure you will have a good job working for the system for awhile.

cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

forum wrote:

Are you referring to the hatred these Christians are displaying? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCD2wigqFUk

or these one's? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP4h4WwX0NI

No, I am referring to the fact that the bible predicted thousands of years ago exactly what you are predicting now.

People will turn away from their faith.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

cutter7 wrote:

Well, yeah ........... but which one???

Protestant, JW, 7th Day, Catholic, Presbyterian, Baptist, Methodist, Morman, Doukhobor, Lutheran, Congregational, African Methodist Episcopal, Anglican, Hutterite, Amish, Mennonite, Salvation Army, Two-Seed-in-the-Spirit Predestinarian Baptists, Pentecostal, United, Religious Society of Friends (Quakers), Assemblies of Yahweh, "The Covenant, The Sword, and the Arm of the Lord", Oriental Orthodox, Unitarian, Christian Scientist, Lectorium Rosicrucianum of Jan van Rijckenborgh/Catharose de Petri, Arian .............

Those (and many others) are all Christian faiths.

Pick ONE.

All the rest will tell you theirs is superior and the only true way to heaven.

But, hey ... ya win some, ya lose some.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

grammafreddy wrote:
cutter7 wrote:

Well, yeah ........... but which one???

Protestant, JW, 7th Day, Catholic, Presbyterian, Baptist, Methodist, Morman, Doukhobor, Lutheran, Congregational, African Methodist Episcopal, Anglican, Hutterite, Amish, Mennonite, Salvation Army, Two-Seed-in-the-Spirit Predestinarian Baptists, Pentecostal, United, Religious Society of Friends (Quakers), Assemblies of Yahweh, "The Covenant, The Sword, and the Arm of the Lord", Oriental Orthodox, Unitarian, Christian Scientist, Lectorium Rosicrucianum of Jan van Rijckenborgh/Catharose de Petri, Arian .............

Those (and many others) are all Christian faiths.

Pick ONE.

All the rest will tell you theirs is superior and the only true way to heaven.

But, hey ... ya win some, ya lose some.

It does not matter who thinks what about their faith the bible predicts many will fall away from it as a sign. what man thinks of himself has nothing to do with it.
Captain Awesome
Buddha of the Board

Post by Captain Awesome »

Hunger/need for a religion (doesn't matter which one) is deeply entrenched in human nature. Just like violence. I don't see it going anywhere.

Yes, in top civilized countries religions became less formal, less visible because life as we know it became very predictable and very cushy. That's why you see numbers go down overall. If that was to change (and it can change at any point, gradually or otherwise), spiritual hunger would prevail once again.

Like they say, there are no atheists in foxholes. People turn to god when life gets tough.

After all, religions survived thousands of years (organized or not), and their influence was always cyclical.

And yes, I see Islam taking over at some point too.
Sarcasm is like a good game of chess. Most people don't know how to play chess.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”