Ask me any questions you have for Islam

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
fibonacci

Ask me any questions you have for Islam

Post by fibonacci »

I noticed that there aren't any threads on Islam.

So feel free to ask me any questions about Islam, no matter how controversial it is.

I don't follow any particular sect. I believe in the truth and I believe that there is a lot of deep knowledge in Islam that can help everyone in their daily lives.

Unfortunately there are ALOT of misconceptions about Islam. The problems is, too many people are focusing their attention towards the most uneducated and the most unethical Muslims out there. The media puts on this kind of focus because the majority of corrupt businesses have a VERY hard time making money off of Muslims. I mean we don't drink, smoke, take drugs, gamble, use credit cards, eat GM food, eat poor quality meat, celebrate pagan holidays like Halloween, celebrate Christmas ...etc.

So ask me anything you like, and I will do my best to answer you. If there are Christians that want to know what our view is on Jesus and Christmas, feel free to ask me. If there are Atheists that want to know what convinces us to believe in God, feel free to ask me. Your questions will help me find more truths in life.

Here are some examples of myths often associated with Islam:

MYTH: Stoning is a punishment for adultery
FACT: This is NOT true. There is NO mention of stoning in the Quran. Feel free to go through it--you won't find a single sentence talking about stoning. Also the punishment for adultery is NOT death. I can elaborate more if you wish.

MYTH: Islam believes in creationism and not evolution
FACT: This is NOT true. It's a combination of both. The debate of creationism and evolution is unfortunately just a distraction. It's pointless! It prevents people from studying a religion in greater depth.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Ask me any questions you have for Islam

Post by cutter7 »

Why do muslims have such a negative opinion of the bahai' faith?
BoB76
Guru

Post by BoB76 »

Why do you allow terrorist activities?
You can't fix stupid........BUT you can dress them up and over pay them to teach your kids!
BoB76
Guru

Post by BoB76 »

Why is cutting down a tree forbidden?
You can't fix stupid........BUT you can dress them up and over pay them to teach your kids!
fibonacci

Post by fibonacci »

cutter7 wrote:Why do muslims have such a negative opinion of the bahai' faith?

That's a good questions cutter. Unfortunately we see this a lot in Iran, where people who are followers of the bahai faith are prevented from a lot of services.

The problem is, the regime ruling that country are all a bunch of hypocrites. None of them are following the religon.

Firstly, you can't ENFORCE Islam at the NATIONAL level. Islam is meant to be inspired at the local/community level. you can't force people to follow your beliefs or your level of discipline. The regime in Iran is micromanaging peoples lives and businesses! No where in Quran does it say you can do that. The regime also allows punishment by stoning, which is completely against the religion since it is NOT in the Quran.

Another reason why I say they are hypocrites--is because they have imposed an UNGODLY monetary system on the people. That's the problem we're seeing today--with the rial devaluing 5% everyday. It is impossible to have inflation in an truly Islamic nation. There are strict rules and laws on usury and money! Inflation is a consequences of having usury applied to the currency! I can elaborate on this in more details if you wish.
Last edited by fibonacci on Jan 16th, 2012, 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fibonacci

Post by fibonacci »

BoB76 wrote:Why do you allow terrorist activities?

Can you elaborate more on this?

If you are talking about the radicals in poor countries then I say they are all doing those activities out of anger. When people are hungry, they do crazy things.

Today there are two major groups that are unfortunately associated with Islam.

One is Al Queda:

Al Queda has much of its origins derived from the intelligence community in US. There is a lot of questions about them atm.

Second is Hamas:

So often we hear that countries like Iran fund Hamas. This is not true!
Hamas's origins was derived from Israel and the Muslim brotherhood.
You can read about it here: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123275572295011847.html

Note that I view the Muslim brotherhood the same way I view the regime in Iran: all a bunch of hypocrites, doing bad things in the name of Islam. I hope the Egyptians vote for a government that is neutral to all nations and does not micromanage their lives!
fibonacci

Post by fibonacci »

BoB76 wrote:Why is cutting down a tree forbidden?

Lol
Where have you heard that from?

I guess you can't do that in cases of war or military conflicts. The "scorched earth tactic" (see it's wiki article) is not inline with the religion. Destroying innocent people's resources during war is not inline with the religion.
BoB76
Guru

Post by BoB76 »

If I were to join Islam and got a big tattoo on my butt that says "I love Alah" would they be ok with it? Or does the no tattoo thing apply?
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

Well, fibonacci (1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13... couldn't resist)...

Western cultures (in general) look upon the treatment of women in Muslim countries as disdainful, controversial and repugnant. From women not being allowed to drive in Saudi Arabia to being forced to wear burkhas in other countries, we westerners tend to look at Muslim societies as being dominated by men who treat women as slaves, to varying degrees.

What are your thoughts on what the Quran says about the treatment of women and the way they actually are treated in today's Muslim societies?
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
fibonacci

Post by fibonacci »

BoB76 wrote:If I were to join Islam and got a big tattoo on my butt that says "I love Alah" would they be ok with it? Or does the no tattoo thing apply?

Who's they? You don't need to do things to please Muslims. You do things to please God.

Now about tattoos. You want to decorate the skin that God gave you. Do you think having a tattoo on your skin in THAT location would please God?

Secondly, the ink is damaging to your blood stream. So in a way, you are damaging your health. Damaging your health is against the religion.
Nebula
Buddha of the Board

Post by Nebula »

fibonacci wrote:Damaging your health is against the religion.

You might want to mention that to suicide bombers.
You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to arrive at.
fibonacci

Post by fibonacci »

Nebula wrote:Well, fibonacci (1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13... couldn't resist)...

Yes, I love math! ;)

Western cultures (in general) look upon the treatment of women in Muslim countries as disdainful, controversial and repugnant.

You are absolutely right about it. As I indicated earlier, most of these Muslim countries are ruled by hypocrites that are impoverishing those nations. When people are permanently poor and living in destitute, they become angry and do crazy things in the name of religion. Much of these crazy people are weak men who instead of taking out their rage on their rulers, they take it out on their family.

Secondly, I said before, the west focuses too much on the uneducated and immoral Muslims. It ultimately prevents people to join the religion. The reason is, most of the big greedy businesses in the west can't dupe or make money off of Muslims!

From women not being allowed to drive in Saudi Arabia to being forced to wear burkhas in other countries, we westerners tend to look at Muslim societies as being dominated by men who treat women as slaves, to varying degrees.

Saudi Arabia is one of the most corrupt nations on the planet. They are the worst country to look at when you want to judge Islam. Firstly it is wrong to force women to wear a certain way or act a certain way. Completely against the religion. Saudi became radicalized thanks to the Wahhabi sect.

It is a fact, that throughout the 1900s, the US was funding heavily into the Wahhabi movement and encouraging the Islamic schools in that nation to be radicalized and indoctrinated. The reason is...it gave a perfect excuse for US to stay in the middle east and keep the nation under control. Check out the pbs documentary on Saudi Arabia for more info: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 1717429209

The burkha is an arabic tradition! 100s of years ago, the richest female Arabs would wear the burkha so they won't draw attention from the lower class men. If you go to other nations like for example Iran, you'll hardly find anyone wearing the burkah. Woman are not held back in Iran. For example, there are more female attending university than men. The percentage difference is higher that most nations on the planet.

What are your thoughts on what the Quran says about the treatment of women and the way they actually are treated in today's Muslim societies?

Well, much what you see on TV is grossly exaggerated. As I said, you can't force Islam on people. It is true that in Islam, there are certain things Woman can't do...just like there are certain things Men can't do. For example, a female shouldn't lead a prayer. The reason is, it will distract the men when she's praying in front of them. But again, these type of rules and laws are to be applied in communities that have laws that are geared towards Muslims. It is not meant to be enforced at a national level!
fibonacci

Post by fibonacci »

Nebula wrote:
fibonacci wrote:Damaging your health is against the religion.

You might want to mention that to suicide bombers.

You need to elaborate more when it comes to suicide bombers.

Most of the suicide bombers we hear in the news are members of Hamas or Al Queda. As I said earlier, these groups have unislamic origins. They do these acts, to help give US an excuse to stay in those regions.

If you look at the suicide bombings occurring in Iraq, it is always an al queda member doing it towards the shia Muslims. You won't find any news about a shia suicide bomber. Again, the media focuses on the worst Muslims--like al queda members.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Where are all the atheist's??? Oh it's only Christians that atheist's go after. I thought atheist's treated all religions equally? Just as I thought? :137:
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
BoB76
Guru

Post by BoB76 »

They will blow up buildings and do all kinds of crazy stuff but getting a tattoo or cutting down a tree is a big no no? Am I correct in thinking this is a little mental caseish?

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”