Ask me any questions you have for Islam

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Roadster
Time waster at work

Re: Ask me any questions you have for Islam

Post by Roadster »

Last edited by Roadster on Jun 24th, 2016, 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
♥ You and 98 other users LIKE this post
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Last edited by Roadster on Jun 24th, 2016, 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Last edited by Roadster on Jun 24th, 2016, 1:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
kina
Board Meister

Post by kina »

Your videos reminded me about a documentary called "Jesus Camp". It was a phenomenal film showing how religion was being forced upon children in the States as well. The trailer didn't show any of the mental tortures that these kids had to go through, so I posted this instead:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LACyLTsH4ac

It's not just brainwashing it's downright abuse.
"The Ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy...”
-Martin Luther King
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Last edited by Roadster on Jun 24th, 2016, 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Francais

Post by Francais »

Notes:
Acts of Terrorism attributed to any Muslim groups or organizations must not be equated with Islam. Instead, if one acts like a Judge or a Jury, he or she will evaluate their actions in the light of injunctions of Holy Quran (God's commands and Final Guidance), the practice of the Final Prophet of God-Muhammad (peace be upon him) and his companions and the Four rightly guided Islamic Rulers (may Allah be pleased with them) after him before saying any thing false about Islam because God and His Religion (Islam) are pure from injustice, unholy, merciless and cruel practices.
http://aboutjihad.com/terrorism/violence_in_islam.php
Allah, the Exalted and Almighty, states in the Glorious Qur'an:

(O mankind! Be dutiful to your Lord, Who created you from a single person (Adam), and from him (Adam) He created his wife (Eve), and from them both He created many men and women...)

[4:1]
http://womeninislam.ws/en/
sobrohusfat
Guru

Post by sobrohusfat »

Kina,

Your video reminded me about a little blond girl who sings great. It was a phenomenal clip. The video didn't have anything whatsoever to do with Islam either, so I posted this:

It's not just good it's downright awsome.
The adventure continues...

No good story ever started with; "So i stayed home."
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Last edited by Roadster on Jun 24th, 2016, 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
kina
Board Meister

Post by kina »

Hehehe. Enjoyed the chipmunk girl :)

As for the video I posted, I watched it once and then bought the DVD. I think everyone should watch it to get a view of how enormous this is. There was one part in the trailer actually that stated that in if these evangelicals vote, they swing the elections since they make up 25% of the population in America. Try not agreeing with them.

This has nothing to do anymore about a love of God, let alone a love of your fellow man. Religion is supposed to be something that will instill a feeling of love, peace and righteousness, not fear, hate, and violence. And yet that is exactly what it is being used for. It's an abuse not only of those children but of the religion they claim to stand for as well.

I know that it can be argued that religious texts can be interpreted in many ways and that this is the reason why there are some who believe their views are to be forced onto others and that those of different faith are not worthy, etc. But we all know what is right and what is wrong. Taking a book and using it as an excuse to do wrong by saying "God told me to" is yet another abuse of religion.
"The Ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy...”
-Martin Luther King
Roadster
Time waster at work

Post by Roadster »

Last edited by Roadster on Jun 24th, 2016, 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
kina
Board Meister

Post by kina »

Roadster wrote:I agree religion is meant to gain followers of your beliefs

There is only one true religion,,, read the big book and do right by it, simple! Then be your own person.

Bravo!
-Martin Luther King
fibonacci

Post by fibonacci »

wow been a while since I've been here:

Anyways, the son of the famous director Oliver Stone-- Sean Stone recently converted to Islam (imagine that, turning away from the world of fame and money). His approach to Islam is very similar to mine. He knows that you can't force it onto others, and you can't embed political slogans into religious sermons. He also has a good understanding of debt. I believe the reason why he has a good understanding is because he also grew up here in the west, and can see the evil around him and can see the deep solutions the Qur'an offers.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiJygWrkoX0&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wK75dCw5cc&feature=related[/youtube]
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

So TV is evil black magic and YouTube is not?
Let’s play “Spot the Putin Patsy”
fibonacci

Post by fibonacci »

nickd wrote:So TV is evil black magic and YouTube is not?

Look, the relation between modern technology and magic is a very deep subject. I've made these comments before because they're just my opinion--or my way of interpreting the Quran/Hadiths. You do not have to agree with me, and I may be wrong. There are many Muslims who strongly disagree with me.

It is something I've been thinking deeply about, and it may be too difficult for others to accept at this time.

I believe that most of our electronic systems, specifically-those with solid state components--are too complex for a human to create. I believe the people who invented much of our modern technology, had received some sort of help from the spiritual world (ie. jinn (genie) knowledge). The prophet mentioned that jinns are made of smokeless fire. So he might be referring to entities made up of electricity/plasma.

There have many scientists in US who've tried to communicate with other 'worlds' to help them with research. John Parsons is a famous example:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Whiteside_Parsons

With technology that was created by magic, there are three things that are certain. Firstly, it will be so powerful that you'll take if for granted and you'll be heavily depended on it. Secondly, there's a negative element (evil) associated with the magic. Thirdly, the magic will hurt you (either incrementally or suddenly).

If you look at most of our modern electronic technology, computers, TV, ...etc. you'll realize that 1. we're heavily depended on them--for most of us, it's something we use to make a living. 2. There are negative elements with these devices-- gives off radiation, eye strains, propaganda, put's us in dream-like state, entertainment promoting violence and adultury, ...etc. 3. It can hurt us if it all of sudden these devices vanish from our lives. That is, if all electronic systems stop working--we'll be in big trouble. #3 is a possibility if you read about the dangers of solar flare.

Now you don't have to agree with me on this. This is something I've been thinking about, and I'm slowly making changes in my life to reduce my dependency on these devices. Recognizing it and asking God for guidance is key.

If you look at the Amish community, they completely abandoned electric. So it could be a sign that God is protecting them. The moral standards of the Amish is very close to the Muslims. Our only big difference is that we believe Jesus is a prophet and not a God (or son of God). Other than that, they're very similar to us.

Now talking about TV vs Youtube. TV is less interactive that computer. That is you can't really change the content of what you're seeing on TV. The magic of TV is stronger than the magic of computer. Much of the moral decay we see in the west is the result of the negative entertainment promoted in our media through the TV. Being promiscuous, greedy, materialistic, selfish, ...etc. All of this is heavily promoted in Television. On a computer you can at least control the content. However, overall you want to reduce your dependency on all these devices, and just enjoy life and nature. For example, instead of sitting at home for entertainment by playing video games or watching a demonic Hollywood movie....go outside and play horse polo.
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

:coffeecanuck: oh man,time for a reality sandwich.
Let’s play “Spot the Putin Patsy”

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”