Looks like design to me

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
zzontar
Guru

Re: looks like design to me

Post by zzontar »

Nebula wrote:
zzontar wrote:
Nebula wrote:If anyone wants to look at a picture and believe it is proof of a god, they are free to do so. It is not evidence, however. Nor it should it be, since belief requires no evidence.

True enough, and the same goes for anyone who believes this is a result of lightning striking a primordial soup.

Ahhhh, yes, but what made the soup?

I can't say for sure what made the soup, but through deduction I've already ruled out Campbell's and Lipton's.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
hellomynameis
Lord of the Board

Re: looks like design to me

Post by hellomynameis »

Hmmm wrote:There are many scientist who believe in GOD. I personally know one that worked for a top USA lab. I won't mention which one because it doesn't matter but she is a rocket scientist. Either way, when people copy/paste an article that someone says there's a problem with this so called proof, there will be others that say the opposite. The point of this thread was to state the obvious and see if anyone could say...nah that doesn't look designed......yeah it doesn't. If one didn't know that smart people don't believe it, nobody would would question, that the OP picture looks designed. But smart people say it isn't. PS , please nobody call me a SA, I already know i'm being sarcastic. Thank you.

Is this some enactment of Poe's Law? I'm just going to act like it isn't for now...

The argument from authority is a fallacy.
Hence we cannot say that just because an authority (scientist(s), religious books, etc) proclaims X to be true it therefore is.

Scientists don't just proclaim that the bacterial flagellum is not irreducibly complex, they demonstrate that it isn't through experiment.

Irreducible complexity, in the most generous sense, is a hypothesis that has no evidence in support of it and has failed experiment after experiment.
"Books tap the wisdom of our species -- the greatest minds, the best teachers -- from all over the world and from all our history. And they're patient."
- Carl Sagan
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Re: Looks like design to me

Post by Mr Danksworth »

Nothing on the Internet is so serious it can't be laughed at, and nothing is as laughable as people who think otherwise.
TyrianQuill
Board Meister

Post by TyrianQuill »

Hmmm wrote:Image

40 plus parts and none have any function useful without the whole. PS. looks and functions like a rotary motor. I know they must have evolved at the same time right? .

If you have something constructive to say about this feel free, if you're just going to spew hate and insults....get a life.

"Hmmm",

You are implying intent where no intent may be; you are either or both trying to convince yourself or persuade others, by misusing the language, and using fuzzy logic.
You need to go and learn basic science and learn what "reason" is, your implication is not valid.

You are implying intent to a “phenomena/happening/occurrence”.
Your attempted bamboozling is quite apparent to anyone who has a basic understanding of "cause and effect” science, and has learned about the English language and how it can be misused with the purposed intent to guile.

I humbly suggest you “stop trying prove your opinion has any validity”, and, “go and educate yourself”.

Logic (from the Greek λογική logikē) is the formal systematic study of the principles of valid inference and correct reasoning. Logic is used in most intellectual activities, but is studied primarily in the disciplines of philosophy, mathematics, semantics, and computer science. It examines general forms which arguments may take, which forms are valid, and which are fallacies.
    Reason is a term that refers to the capacity human beings have to make sense of things, to establish and verify facts
    Reason or "reasoning" is associated with thinking, cognition, and intellect. Reason, like habit or intuition, is one of the ways by which thinking comes from one idea to a related idea. For example, it is the means by which rational beings understand themselves to think about cause and effect, truth and falsehood, and what is good or bad.
    Science (from Latin scientia, meaning "knowledge") is a systematic enterprise that builds and organizes knowledge in the form of testable explanations and predictions about the universe.

And please know that if in fact your cause has any validity your lack of education is doing it a great disservice.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place (George Bernard Shaw)
Corneliousrooster
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Corneliousrooster »

certainly wasn't "intelligent design ...... "Stupid design"!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEl9kVl6 ... re=related
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

I think it leaks.

Will it therefore water the garden?

or will it flood it?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”