Your Thoughts

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Your Thoughts

Post by Hmmm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yk5sH5hPCQ Very thought provoking I think.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
1nick
Lord of the Board

Re: Your Thoughts

Post by 1nick »

What's thought provoking is...is it my I-Pad that won't let me play the vid or something up with the link?
Nom_de_Plume
Guru

Post by Nom_de_Plume »

linked worked fine for me
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
~ Terry Pratchett
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKyljukBE70&feature=youtube_gdata_playertry this link. This video is called "from conception to birth"
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr Danksworth »

Yay science! What this has to do wih religion and spirituality, I do not know.
Nothing on the Internet is so serious it can't be laughed at, and nothing is as laughable as people who think otherwise.
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

Mr Danksworth wrote:Yay science! What this has to do wih religion and spirituality, I do not know.

I'm thinking that perhaps the OP is leading to an anti abortion rant.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
Nom_de_Plume
Guru

Post by Nom_de_Plume »

cliffy1 wrote:I'm thinking that perhaps the OP is leading to an anti abortion rant.

Ya think???
the hymn-ie church type music didn't give it away???
What about when the speaker (Alexander Tsiaras) says "the complexities of these... the mathematical models of how these things are indeed done are beyond human comprehension blah blah blah it's a mystery, it's magical, it's divinity"
Why is it that the second man hasn't quite figured out how something works all of a sudden it must be created and directed by a deity?
We will figure it out, how it's all done. I mean look at the advancements in the last 50 years ... incredible, they weren't able to even determine the gender of a fetus when I was born.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
~ Terry Pratchett
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

Nom_de_Plume wrote:Ya think???
the hymn-ie church type music didn't give it away???
What about when the speaker (Alexander Tsiaras) says "the complexities of these... the mathematical models of how these things are indeed done are beyond human comprehension blah blah blah it's a mystery, it's magical, it's divinity"
Why is it that the second man hasn't quite figured out how something works all of a sudden it must be created and directed by a deity?
We will figure it out, how it's all done. I mean look at the advancements in the last 50 years ... incredible, they weren't able to even determine the gender of a fetus when I was born.

I didn't bother to watch the video past seeing it was a TED clip. I just assumed by who posted it.

The abortion debate was settled by the Supreme court decades ago. I don't know why some people just can't accept that this isn't the Dark Ages and get over it.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

No abortion debate from my perspective by posting this. I was actually thinking how amazing life is from conception to birth. Also, very smart, Nobel prize winning types, do believe in a creator.

But overall I posted this because its very interesting and people here on this forum, I'm sure would get different things from it. No other real direction besides that and the side thoughts I just mentioned.
Nom_de_Plume
Guru

Post by Nom_de_Plume »

No abortion debate? excellent, I'm so tired of those anyhow. If we ignore the blah blah after the presentation in the lecture...then yes awesome link, thanks for posting it.
Now on to commenting about the computer simulation of the life cycle.
I thought that was an awesome bit of technology. I can also see it giving us a much better idea of how the whole thing works and can most likely eventually prevent illness.
We've come a long way with sort of tech....
~ Terry Pratchett
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr Danksworth »

The video missed the best part of the conception process, IMHO.
Nothing on the Internet is so serious it can't be laughed at, and nothing is as laughable as people who think otherwise.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

Mr Danksworth wrote:The video missed the best part of the conception process, IMHO.

There are other sites for that Danky but it's against forum rules to post those links here. :wink:
Mr Danksworth
Lord of the Board

Post by Mr Danksworth »

I was talking about love, get your mind out of the gutter.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”