Religious group promises end of world

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
xjeepguy
Buddha of the Board

Re: Religious group promises end of world

Post by xjeepguy »

The only way the world will end , is if everyone tunes to the Golf channel all at once.

Everyone and the planet dies of boredom .

RIP.
When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife
zookeeper
Walks on Forum Water

Post by zookeeper »

nickd wrote:But he knows what your going to choose to do.

Does He? Maybe someone with more knowledge of religion can answer that. I personally believe that one is responsible throughout life for their own decisions (despite those forced upon them), and therefore the consequences of those decisions. With or without knowledge (Bible quotes etc.), a belief in good, a higher power for some, is a sense of direction for those decisions. If one fails to have that belief (through whatever has happened to them in their lives, childhood, creation etc), I still believe they have the choice to "pull the trigger" or not, (just as does anyone who does not believe in a God ). Just as when poo flinging monkeys were created, they weren't at zoo's in a position to fling at man, did He know upon creation that man would stand before this flinging creature in a cage? These people have made a choice to believe the world will end, maybe suffer consequences from that belief, but where do they go, what do they do when the world doesn't end? Make more choices?
zookeeper
Walks on Forum Water

Post by zookeeper »

xjeepguy wrote:The only way the world will end , is if everyone tunes to the Golf channel all at once.

Everyone and the planet dies of boredom .

RIP.

:dyinglaughing: That is a decision I will not be making or paying the consequence for!!!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Religious "Groups" keep making all kinds of promises that don't ever come true. I for one am not worried in the least about this prediction.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

Bsuds wrote:Religious "Groups" keep making all kinds of promises that don't ever come true. I for one am not worried in the least about this prediction.

That is the best choice. Even if it does end, there is jack you can do about it anyway. I believe in living each day as it comes.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

The Mayans will be very upset if this is true.
Praise the lord and pass the ammunition
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

ledzep77 wrote:The Mayans will be very upset if this is true.

Why? They didn't predict the end of the world. That was done by people who don't have a clue what the Mayan calendar says. Ask the Mayans and they will tell you December 21, 2012 is a new beginning.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

yes, I know. It's simply the end of a cycle but it's much more fun to believe in absolute destruction.
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

ledzep77 wrote:yes, I know. It's simply the end of a cycle but it's much more fun to believe in absolute destruction.

I remember reading an article by Steven King about why people need horror movies and stories. Something to do with our fight or flight responses that were honed in our savanna and cave days when our reflexes were highly tuned. Civilization does not provide enough of such stimulation so we manufacture it to satisfy our instinctual need for danger. It is in our DNA.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

So your saying the end will not happen, damn I'm going to have to pay the visa off. lol
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
mexi cali
Guru

Post by mexi cali »

CliffyI like your last post. If it's not there, create it. We crave this stuff.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

cliffy1 wrote: They [the Mayan s] didn't predict the end of the world. That was done by people who don't have a clue what the Mayan calendar says. Ask the Mayans and they will tell you December 21, 2012 is a new beginning.

Ask the Mayans and they will tell you they were working away on this big bad *bleep* calendar when suddenly these Spanish Gangtsas invaded the place and the Mayans very quickly got very busy doing others things.
10Sne1
Übergod

Post by 10Sne1 »

The credit card company doesn't believe the world will end in 2012, they just sent me a new card good til 2016. MVB doesn't believe it either my DL is good til 2015. Either does ICBC, my insurance is good til 2013.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Satan is in charge of credit card companies anyways.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Nom_de_Plume
Guru

Post by Nom_de_Plume »

Queen K wrote:Satan is in charge of credit card companies anyways.

Or Santa.
That's equally as likely
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
~ Terry Pratchett

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”