OBE

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
quicksilver8

OBE

Post by quicksilver8 »

I had found myself out of my body a few times, as soon as I realized what was happening I would return to my body. I thought this was neat but did not have much control over it.
Last year I took this seriously and bought the book 'Mastering Astral Projection' by Robert Bruce and Bryan Mercer. Soon I was having many lucid dreams and I left my body intentionally 3 or 4 times. It took a month and a half of time and dedication but it was worth it. It's like I added a whole other dimension to my life, I felt more expanded and complete.
The excitement fizzled after I knew I could do it and then got busy with other things. Now I have decided to do the program again. I won't have to start from the beginning this time, I am expecting to be out within a week or two.
cliffy1
Übergod

Re: OBE

Post by cliffy1 »

I read a book on OBE back in the 70s. The author talked about the silver cord that connected your astral body to your physical body. He said if you truly want to be free, while projecting, find the cord and cut it.

Not sure if that is good advice. I have never been able to do it but I know a few who could. My ex was very good at it until she became born again, then it became evil. She used to come back with lots of useful information at the time.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
quicksilver8

Re: OBE

Post by quicksilver8 »

I have heard about the silver cord a lot too. I do not remember seeing it in my obe s. I heard some say that if you cut it, you die. I don't think it would be that easy to kill oneself. Perhaps it's a symbolic reminder to remind people that they are just on an outing lol.
Yes, I would love to bring back useful information on a regular basis, like your ex-wife used to do. If I know something interesting is going on somewhere in the world, I could just go check it out. As long as I plan it before departure. I remember having different priorities when I got out of my body, but then again, I didn't plan a route.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”