Dating a man of a different faith

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
quicksilver8

Re: Dating a man of a different faith

Post by quicksilver8 »

Oh my God! What the. That is freakin hilarious!

Was that Tom Hanks and Dan Akroyd? or just look alikes?
quicksilver8

Post by quicksilver8 »

That is hilarious What the. I watched it twice. Kind of looked like Tom Hanks and Dan Akroyd in there. Thanks for the link and the luck. :dyinglaughing:
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Was that Tom Hanks and Dan Akroyd? or just look alikes?

them from the movie dragnet
Peace be with you.
quicksilver8

Post by quicksilver8 »

oops, posted the same thing twice - thought it didn't go through the first time but got rolled over to page 2 lol
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

Do baptists believe in hell fire? If he does and you don't believe as he does, will he say I love you and by the way you're going to hell? Eventually, when or if his own spirituality improves towards his own faith, he will feel the need to convert you, in order to "save you".

The reason I can state that regarding his faith, is a strong believer would not marry a Pagan. He is not strong, but could be, one day. PS I don't think you or anyone is going to hell. He might though.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by kibbs »

Do baptists believe in hell fire?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Jsja_OGjY
Peace be with you.
coffeeFreak
Guru

Post by coffeeFreak »

How serious a Christian is he? Does he go to church regularly? Does he believe the bible is the "law"? Is he involved in bible studies, or other church activities? Are his parents and friends Christian?

In all honesty, from my few years of being a Christian in both a Baptist and a Pentecostal church, I would be very, very wary of giving my heart to someone who is rooted, so to speak in the church. His being vague is a HUGE warning sign! He owes it to you to clearly discuss this before you get more serious.

Here is the main scripture (two different translations) he will be told by people in the church about dating a non-believer.

2 Corinthians 6:14
New International Version (©1984)
Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?

New Living Translation (©2007)
Don't team up with those who are unbelievers. How can righteousness be a partner with wickedness? How can light live with darkness?
http://bible.cc/2_corinthians/6-14.htm

And then there is this famous perspective:

"Wives, be submissive to your husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior. As the church is subject to Christ, so let wives also be subject in everything to their husbands." Ephesians 5:21-24

Good luck!
quicksilver8

Post by quicksilver8 »

I know he is fairly new to the religion and was introduced by his mother - God rest her soul.

Not sure if he does bible readings and things like that - but I tend to think he is too busy for that.

Yes, lots to think about and discuss for certain.

Thanks for all your opinions and the great links. Looked at all of them.

Working the overnight shift and will be getting ready for work now.

Will come back some time and update the topic. :)

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”