Another Pedophile Priest!

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
capleton
Banned

Re: Another Pedophile Priest!

Post by capleton »

Apple777 wrote:There are pedophiles in all walks of life - particularly those vocations that have direct access to children - so sad. I have been absolutely blessed in my life to have known and held counsel with some truly wise, inspiring and kind nuns and priests. I beg you not to lump all God serving Catholic priests as pedophiles - this is simply not true and malicious. Many have dedicated their entire lives to the thankless profession of serving God and serving the public whether that be grief counselling, numerous visits to the hospital and so forth.

I’m a professional lady who was raised in a loving French (Acadian) Roman Catholic home - parents who settled in Ontario. Educated in Catholic schools, and Convent (boarding -all girl school) where I encountered many loving nuns totally dedicated to their calling. I fortunately was never abused but was shaken to my soul after seeing the film Spotlight - I was utterly shocked at the sheer numbers of victims. I was doing the Math - if approx 2000 victims came forward out of two US states the numbers worldwide including our Residential School victims put the numbers likely in the millions. (Given the fact that only a percentage have the courage to report the abuse - particularly men.

Approx 6 months ago - the newspapers/media was blowing open the travesties of pedophelia in the US - I confronted the Deacon at a local Catholic Parish and had an opportunity to voice my concerns right in the rectory. (This was before the Pope issued a statement to the parishes throughout NAmerica).

“Why are these issues not being addressed openly within the church!” - I was sobbing for the victims - the Deacon was visibly moved and said that the Bishop was told to inform the priests that nothing was to be mentioned within the Roman Catholic Churches until Pope Francis himself addressed the matter. He replied that there would be a letter from the Pope the next weekend.

I attended the next week’s mass to hear the “official” response from our Pope. I was not impressed - there was no mention of the Vatican holding those priests accountable - we were told to collectively pray for these priests and to pray for the Church which was under attack. - I wanted to hear that justice would be served - that these evil people would not be sent to the Vatican to live out a life of luxury - I wanted Pope Francis to indicate that he would cooperate fully with local judicial authorities and have these men serve their sentences as would any other convicted man - and he placed behind bars in the country they committee the crimes.

I’m sad to say I haven’t set foot in a Catholic Church since that time. I respect my fellow Catholics and have retained some who are very dear close friends. I am sad because I didn’t want to leave - but it was the last straw hearing that letter read out loud in church - the Deacon wept on numerous points during his reading and after. Fortunately for me I have always sought Jesus and now attend another church (Anglican).

There is a huge dark presence enveloping on the earth by millions of former proud Catholics who are leaving this denomination. I sincerely pray that these people seek another Christian church to do fellowship lest they stumble to the sin of the ways of the world - make no mistake - Satan is smiling every time he gets a soul to stop believing in Jesus.

The Anglican Church also has its share of sex abuse cases

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... can-church
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglican_ ... buse_cases

Why should ex Catholics join another Christian religion? All of them are nonsense and by the way Satan does not exist.
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by youjustcomplain »

capleton wrote:The Anglican Church also has its share of sex abuse cases

Why should ex Catholics join another Christian religion? All of them are nonsense and by the way Satan does not exist.

I agree that religion is nonsense.
Pedophilia exists outside of religion though. Since it's a human trait, and some humans are catholic, it's pretty obvious that some catholics would be pedophiles.
The disgusting part is that the church protects these people. They need help or to be jailed, not shuffled around to abuse more children.

Yet another reason my kids will not be going to church.
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

youjustcomplain wrote:
capleton wrote:The Anglican Church also has its share of sex abuse cases

I agree that religion is nonsense.
Pedophilia exists outside of religion though. Since it's a human trait, and some humans are catholic, it's pretty obvious that some catholics would be pedophiles.
The disgusting part is that the church protects these people. They need help or to be jailed, not shuffled around to abuse more children.

Yet another reason my kids will not be going to church.

Yeah but its kind of suspicious when the Church has been recorded for raping kids at least since the 11th century and these days the Church just moves its pervert priests parish to parish and its odd when Bishops try to bribe the rape victims to be silent which has shown to happen many times.

There are a bunch of atheist "churches" opening up in the States. I wonder why there's no pedophile statistics among them.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

capleton wrote:There are a bunch of atheist "churches" opening up in the States. I wonder why there's no pedophile statistics among them.

Probably because of a small sample size. If atheist 'churches' make up 0.01% of churches, the odd are pretty small that they've had any sex abuse problems since the vast majority of churches haven't had sex abuse problems.

40% of convicted pedophiles in Canada are teachers, but none were ever convicted in any of the schools I attended. That's just how statistics works, my friend.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by youjustcomplain »

Glacier wrote:Probably because of a small sample size. If atheist 'churches' make up 0.01% of churches, the odd are pretty small that they've had any sex abuse problems since the vast majority of churches haven't had sex abuse problems.

40% of convicted pedophiles in Canada are teachers, but none were ever convicted in any of the schools I attended. That's just how statistics works, my friend.

Well, if there are atheist churches opening up in the states, then they may very well be committing sex offenses against children. They may still be in the cover up phase of the abuse. It's not really the church or faith, or lack there of to blame. It's the whole idea that adults have some level of authority over children. Teachers are in a place of authority just like priests are. They are in a position to spend time with children and are trusted by the childrens parents.

What the hell would an atheist church be? what would the point of it be? Why have one? Atheism is the lack of belief in a god or gods. Why would anyone meet to discuss what they don't believe in? That just baffles me to laughter. :)
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

Hey let’s just sing some hymns until these people go away.

Boda
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Boda »

1nick wrote:Hey let’s just sing some hymns until these people go away.

Unfricking believable!
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

IKR
I thought it was an apt post for Mother’s Day.
Brave Mothers they are.

Then there’s this f’n guy.
https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/13/pastor-r ... d-9515582/
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

1nick wrote:IKR
Then there’s this f’n guy.
https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/13/pastor-r ... d-9515582/

Scales of justice is suppose to be blind, clearly not always.
Justice doesn't care about victims
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
capleton
Banned

Post by capleton »

nepal
Übergod

Post by nepal »

OMG!
Last edited by nepal on Aug 2nd, 2019, 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

nepal wrote:Sick from top to bottom. What a pathetic, money hungry organization. Big mistake that priests are sworn to ‘celibacy’, so their inheritance goes to the church, rather than a spouse.

The Bible is very clear and I mean says the same basic thing in every version of the Bible. The forbidding to marry is a teaching from the demons. Plain and simple.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
floppi
Lord of the Board

Post by floppi »

Glacier wrote:

That's not at all an accurate statistic. That was the title of a thread that was debunked.
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

Last edited by 1nick on May 27th, 2019, 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

And why do they hide this scum bags identity?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/26/europe/p ... index.html

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”