Why does Jesus look north European?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
User avatar
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 17296
Joined: Nov 23rd, 2007, 10:50 pm

Re: Why does Jesus look north European?

Post by averagejoe »

kibbs wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8380511.stm

Jesus of Britain for you brother Joe. It failed to mention how it made him Arien in appearance or how he learned modern englsh 1500 years before its use to teach to Pilate.


What does it matter what language someone is described in? He was described as blonde/Golden/yellow hair? The Super power Parthian Empire ( 250 B.C. - 271 A.D. ) east of the Euphrates River was of European decent ( Anglo-Saxons ). That is possibly why Jesus went to India as some parts were Provinces of Parthia. This where most of the 12 Disciples went to preach the Gospel. Also Parthia's most northern Province Armenia was one of the first areas to accept Christianity as their religion. Maybe all of Parthia became Christian?
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
User avatar
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 17296
Joined: Nov 23rd, 2007, 10:50 pm

Re: Why does Jesus look north European?

Post by averagejoe »

The following was taken from a manuscript in the possession of Lord Kelly, and in his library, and was copied from an original letter of Publius Lentullus at Rome. It being the usual custom of Roman Governors to advertise the Senate and people of such material things as happened in their provinces in the days of Tiberius Caesar, Publius Lentullus, President of Judea, wrote the following epistle to the Senate concerning the Nazarene called Jesus.

"There appeared in these our days a man, of the Jewish Nation, of great virtue, named Yeshua [Jesus], who is yet living among us, and of the Gentiles is accepted for a Prophet of truth, but His own disciples call Him the Son of God- He raiseth the dead and cureth all manner of diseases. A man of stature somewhat tall, and comely, with very reverent countenance, such as the beholders may both love and fear, his hair of (the colour of) the chestnut, full ripe, plain to His ears, whence downwards it is more orient and curling and wavering about His shoulders. In the midst of His head is a seam or partition in His hair, after the manner of the Nazarenes. His forehead plain and very delicate; His face without spot or wrinkle, beautified with a lovely red; His nose and mouth so formed as nothing can be reprehended; His beard thickish, in colour like His hair, not very long, but forked; His look innocent and mature; His eyes grey, clear, and quick- In reproving hypocrisy He is terrible; in admonishing, courteous and fair spoken; pleasant in conversation, mixed with gravity. It cannot be remembered that any have seen Him Laugh, but many have seen Him Weep. In proportion of body, most excellent; His hands and arms delicate to behold. In speaking, very temperate, modest, and wise. A man, for His singular beauty, surpassing the children of men"
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
User avatar
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 17296
Joined: Nov 23rd, 2007, 10:50 pm

Re: Why does Jesus look north European?

Post by averagejoe »

"The Archko Volume"

Another description of Jesus is found in "The Archko Volume" which contains official court documents from the days of Jesus. This information substantiates that He came from racial lines which had blue eyes and golden hair. In a chapter entitled "Gamaliel's Interview" it states concerning Jesus (Yeshua) appearance:

"I asked him to describe this person to me, so that I might know him if I should meet him. He said: 'If you ever meet him [Yeshua] you will know him. While he is nothing but a man, there is something about him that distinguishes him from every other man. He is the picture of his mother, only he has not her smooth, round face. His hair is a little more golden than hers, though it is as much from sunburn as anything else. He is tall, and his shoulders are a little drooped; his visage is thin and of a swarthy complexion, though this is from exposure. His eyes are large and a soft blue, and rather dull and heavy....' This Jew [Nazarite] is convinced that he is the Messiah of the world. ...this was the same person that was born of the virgin in Bethlehem some twenty-six years before..."

- The Archko Volume, translated by Drs. McIntosh and Twyman of the Antiquarian Lodge, Genoa, Italy, from manuscripts in Constantinople and the records of the Senatorial Docket taken from the Vatican of Rome (1896) 92-93
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
User avatar
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2945
Joined: Oct 30th, 2012, 9:04 am

Re: Why does Jesus look north European?

Post by kibbs »

The race and appearance of Jesus have been discussed on a number of grounds since early Christianity, although the New Testament includes no description of the physical appearance of Jesus before his death and its narrative is generally indifferent to racial appearances.[1]
Despite the lack of direct biblical or historical references, from the second century, various theories about the race of Jesus were advanced and debated.[2][3] By the Middle Ages a number of documents, generally of unknown or questionable origin, had been composed and were circulating with details of the appearance of Jesus. Now these documents are mostly considered forgeries.[4][5][6] While many people have a fixed mental image of Jesus, drawn from his artistic depictions, these images often conform to stereotypes which are not grounded in any serious research on the historical Jesus, but are based on second or third hand interpretations of spurious sources.[7]
By the 19th century theories that Jesus was European, and in particular Aryan, were developed, as well as theories that he was of black African descent. However, as in other cases of the assignment of race to biblical individuals, these claims have been mostly subjective, based on cultural stereotypes and societal trends rather than on scientific analysis.[8] For two millennia a wide range of artistic depictions of Jesus have appeared, often influenced by cultural settings, political circumstances and theological contexts.[9][10] Beyond being Jewish, there is no general scholarly agreement on the ethnicity of Jesus.[11]
wiki
shallom.jpg

maybe he looked like this after all he was a Jewish rabbi
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Peace be with you.
User avatar
cliffy1
Übergod
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mar 5th, 2011, 12:41 pm

Re: Why does Jesus look north European?

Post by cliffy1 »

averagejoe wrote:Interesting Clify, I teach some native studies and Canadian First Nations believe in the "Creator". A single male god!

The Creator has no gender. It is also known as the Great Mystery because it is unknowable. Father Sun and Mother Earth are a minor god and goddess. I practiced native spirituality for 20 years.
Last edited by cliffy1 on Mar 12th, 2013, 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
User avatar
cliffy1
Übergod
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mar 5th, 2011, 12:41 pm

Re: Why does Jesus look north European?

Post by cliffy1 »

averagejoe wrote:"The Archko Volume"

Another description of Jesus is found in "The Archko Volume" which contains official court documents from the days of Jesus. This information substantiates that He came from racial lines which had blue eyes and golden hair. In a chapter entitled "Gamaliel's Interview" it states concerning Jesus (Yeshua) appearance:

"I asked him to describe this person to me, so that I might know him if I should meet him. He said: 'If you ever meet him [Yeshua] you will know him. While he is nothing but a man, there is something about him that distinguishes him from every other man. He is the picture of his mother, only he has not her smooth, round face. His hair is a little more golden than hers, though it is as much from sunburn as anything else. He is tall, and his shoulders are a little drooped; his visage is thin and of a swarthy complexion, though this is from exposure. His eyes are large and a soft blue, and rather dull and heavy....' This Jew [Nazarite] is convinced that he is the Messiah of the world. ...this was the same person that was born of the virgin in Bethlehem some twenty-six years before..."

- The Archko Volume, translated by Drs. McIntosh and Twyman of the Antiquarian Lodge, Genoa, Italy, from manuscripts in Constantinople and the records of the Senatorial Docket taken from the Vatican of Rome (1896) 92-93


In 1879, the Rev. William Dennes Mahan, a Cumberland Presbyterian minister of Boonville, Missouri, published a pamphlet of thirty-two pages entitled A Correct Transcript of Pilate's Court. It purported to be an official report of the trial and death of Jesus made directly to the Roman Emperor Tiberius by Pilate as governor of Judaea. Mahan claimed the text was supplied to him in 1856 by a German scholar, Henry C. Whydaman, from Father Peter Freelinhusen, "the chief guardian of the Vatican," who sent the Latin text to Whydaman’s brother-in-law, C.C. Vantberger of New York, for English translation.[3] Whydaman, Freelinhusen, and Vantberger are otherwise unknown, and the documentation of the exchange contains inconsistencies and errors, including Freelinhusen’s request for a fee payable in "darics" (ancient Persian coins).[4]

This work was subsequently shown to have been copied almost verbatim from "Ponce Pilate à Vienne," a short story by Joseph Méry published in Revue de Paris in 1837. Méry said he had been inspired by an old Latin manuscript, and an 1842 English translation of the story made the claim that it was in fact taken from an old Latin manuscript. Mahan’s contribution was evidently to create correspondence showing him to be the discoverer of the manuscript.[5]
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
User avatar
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 17296
Joined: Nov 23rd, 2007, 10:50 pm

Re: Why does Jesus look north European?

Post by averagejoe »

kibbs wrote:The race and appearance of Jesus have been discussed on a number of grounds since early Christianity, although the New Testament includes no description of the physical appearance of Jesus before his death and its narrative is generally indifferent to racial appearances.[1]
Despite the lack of direct biblical or historical references, from the second century, various theories about the race of Jesus were advanced and debated.[2][3] By the Middle Ages a number of documents, generally of unknown or questionable origin, had been composed and were circulating with details of the appearance of Jesus. Now these documents are mostly considered forgeries.[4][5][6] While many people have a fixed mental image of Jesus, drawn from his artistic depictions, these images often conform to stereotypes which are not grounded in any serious research on the historical Jesus, but are based on second or third hand interpretations of spurious sources.[7]
By the 19th century theories that Jesus was European, and in particular Aryan, were developed, as well as theories that he was of black African descent. However, as in other cases of the assignment of race to biblical individuals, these claims have been mostly subjective, based on cultural stereotypes and societal trends rather than on scientific analysis.[8] For two millennia a wide range of artistic depictions of Jesus have appeared, often influenced by cultural settings, political circumstances and theological contexts.[9][10] Beyond being Jewish, there is no general scholarly agreement on the ethnicity of Jesus.[11]
wiki
shallom.jpg

maybe he looked like this after all he was a Jewish rabbi


The Rabbi is of Ashkenazi Jew or Oriental Jew decent who converted to Judaism around 900 A.D. Christ wouldn't look like that. Do you actually have any description of Christ of anybody that actually saw him?
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
User avatar
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 17296
Joined: Nov 23rd, 2007, 10:50 pm

Re: Why does Jesus look north European?

Post by averagejoe »

Cliffy1 wrote: I practiced native spirituality for 20 years.

What made you go from Christianity to native spirituality?
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
User avatar
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 17296
Joined: Nov 23rd, 2007, 10:50 pm

Re: Why does Jesus look north European?

Post by averagejoe »

Kibbs wrote: By the 19th century theories that Jesus was European, and in particular Aryan, were developed.

Hummm....there are thousands of paintings of Christ long before these 19th century theories with blonde hair and blue eyes. Where do you get that theory from?

Here are paintings from around 1500. I'm sure I could earlier paintings if I had time.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Categ ... _of_Christ
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
User avatar
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 17296
Joined: Nov 23rd, 2007, 10:50 pm

Re: Why does Jesus look north European?

Post by averagejoe »

Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
User avatar
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2945
Joined: Oct 30th, 2012, 9:04 am

Re: Why does Jesus look north European?

Post by kibbs »

Hummm....there are thousands of paintings of Christ long before these 19th century theories with blonde hair and blue eyes. Where do you get that theory from?


i named the source wiki.as I said The literal christians take the historical jesus seriously .There is no solid evidence and so much conflicting.i do not argue over such detail . Jesus could be purple with red poca dots ,what does it matter.Its when you take it literally that you perverse the meaning .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7StcxGM5KcA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4gt5H3rveg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud4nmu3TTVU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMvEN01TB7U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytcVkU77rQI
Peace be with you.
User avatar
Thinktank
Guru
Posts: 8529
Joined: Nov 5th, 2010, 6:21 am

Re: Why does Jesus look north European?

Post by Thinktank »

kibbs wrote:maybe he looked like this after all he was a Jewish rabbi



:runforlife:
“In the entire history of mankind there has never been a political elite sincerely concerned about the wellbeing of regular people. What makes any of us think that it is different now?”
User avatar
kibbs
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2945
Joined: Oct 30th, 2012, 9:04 am

Re: Why does Jesus look north European?

Post by kibbs »

people see Jesus in everything
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFFFfqLK5_8
Peace be with you.
User avatar
cliffy1
Übergod
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mar 5th, 2011, 12:41 pm

Re: Why does Jesus look north European?

Post by cliffy1 »

averagejoe wrote:Cliffy1 wrote: I practiced native spirituality for 20 years.

What made you go from Christianity to native spirituality?

Christianity never made sense to me; too many unbelievable things in the bible and I always thought the biblical god was a psychopath. Jesus was OK but as the old saying goes, "Lord, please save me from your followers."

1972 I left Montreal to go live in the forest of BC near Quesnel. I lived with the wild animals for ten years. Native spirituality was a natural for me in that situation. I also spent that time studying comparative religions and philosophies, quantum physics, psychology. The more I studied the history of the bible and Christianity the more I was repulsed by it. I think it is as dangerous to the human soul and the safety of all living things as Islam. I think if Jesus was to return, he would condemn Christianity as they were putting him to death. Christianity bares no resemblance to his teachings or intent.

As Allan Watts once said, "We can measure the damage done by the murderer and the rapist, but we have no way to measure the damage done by the self righteous." and he had a Doctorate of Divinity and a Masters Degree in Theology.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
User avatar
jimsenchuk
Lord of the Board
Posts: 3384
Joined: Nov 24th, 2011, 5:03 am

Re: Why does Jesus look north European?

Post by jimsenchuk »

Are all the Christians watching the smoke chimney at the Vatican. 5:33 pm in Italy 4th vote underway.
The only effective answer to organized greed is organized labor.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”