TGIF

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

TGIF

Post by grammafreddy »

tgif-1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Graham Adder
Guru

Re: TGIF

Post by Graham Adder »

TGFIF!!!!
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

TGIF...That's what newfies have on the inside of their shoes.

Toes Go In First
I might look normal but believe me, I talk to animals and wait for them to reply.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

Actually Friday is named after Frīġedæġ which is literally Day of Frigg. Frigg was a major Norse goddess, who was the wife of Odin and queen of Asgard.

So I assume she is the goddess people are thanking when they say TGIF
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

Omnitheo wrote:Actually Friday is named after Frīġedæġ which is literally Day of Frigg. Frigg was a major Norse goddess, who was the wife of Odin and queen of Asgard.

So I assume she is the goddess people are thanking when they say TGIF

It has been my understanding that Friday is named after Freya or Freyja, goddess of the afterlife.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

cliffy1 wrote:It has been my understanding that Friday is named after Freya or Freyja, goddess of the afterlife.

You are correct sir. In fact we both are. In old English, Frīġedæġ means day of frigg, where as in old german it was "Frīatag" which is day of Freyja. Interestingly enough, both Frigg and Freyja may have been the same person. There is much debate about this, but Freyja's association with the goddess of the afterlife could be well connected to Frigg's association as goddess of Asgard.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”