Previous life

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
barberhouse
Fledgling

Previous life

Post by barberhouse »

I have heard from several people how their toddlers have come up with statements about having previous life. While in a walk in clinic recently I conversed with a mom with a 2 and half year old. She referred to her daughter as having a medical background. Any other parents have similar experiences?
:WN
Its better to be thought of as a fool, than to opens ones mouth and remove all doubt
hellomynameis
Lord of the Board

Re: Previous life

Post by hellomynameis »

My daughter, on a nearly constant basis, tells me that she is a princess. She also at times tells me that I am a dragon, she then proceeds to slay me with her ladybug umbrella. It's okay, I come back to life.

The toddler age is a peak time when children explore the realm (and boundaries) of lies, make believe and roleplay, imaginary friends. Kids have active imaginations.
"Books tap the wisdom of our species -- the greatest minds, the best teachers -- from all over the world and from all our history. And they're patient."
- Carl Sagan
barberhouse
Fledgling

Post by barberhouse »

I do appreciate your attempt to humor me.. I was being serious..

In the past few years I have had several experiences that have been life changing. I met a lady named Hope.. While working on her house she related to me that she had been reincarnated from a french person. At 3 years of age she could sing the french national anthem. She was born in the 30s in rural Saskatchewan(Not alot of exposure to France) I met a little girl Mia, who's mom related a story to me about when she was 3 that she came to her and said that "She did not want to die like she did last time, by loosing her hands) Neither of these people had anything to gain in repeating there stories. It is quite fascinating
Its better to be thought of as a fool, than to opens ones mouth and remove all doubt
fluffy
Buddha of the Board

Post by fluffy »

Cool. Life is full of mystery.
I just want some credible articles to back up my conspiracy theory but I can't find any. Must be censorship.
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

barberhouse wrote:I have heard from several people how their toddlers have come up with statements about having previous life.

I do like the story of the young child walking in on his new born sibling and asking "Quick - tell me about God before you forget!"
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

interesting topic barberhouse! actually, when one of my cousins was around 3 or 4 he was watching his mom cooking something in the kitchen. he sat down and in great detail explained to her how his 'other mommy' made fortune cookies.
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
fluffy
Buddha of the Board

Post by fluffy »

steven lloyd wrote:I do like the story of the young child walking in on his new born sibling and asking "Quick - tell me about God before you forget!"

Hehe. Or the one where Homer Simpson is laying comatose in a hospital bed while in his mind he is talking to God...

Homer: God, what is the meaning of life?
God: You find out when you die.
I just want some credible articles to back up my conspiracy theory but I can't find any. Must be censorship.
JOF585
Übergod

Post by JOF585 »

barberhouse wrote:I have heard from several people how their toddlers have come up with statements about having previous life.

You don't have to go far to believe in previous life or lives.
Start with you. Your feelings at time.
A country you have never set foot in ( ex: England ) but abhor ( or adore ) for unknown reasons.
Places you feel you have been before.
People you feel you have met before.
People you instantly dislike for unknown reasons.
The list goes on.
Anyone open to it can feel it.
fluffy
Buddha of the Board

Post by fluffy »

I do think we are often too quick to dismiss the comments of the very young when in fact they have the benefit of of a life unpolluted by what you and I have come to perceive as normal and everyday. At the risk of getting all existential and stuff, what is life really other that what we read into it?
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board

Post by steven lloyd »

JOF585 wrote:People you instantly dislike for unknown reasons.

Not to be a party pooper but at least one explanation for that (maybe boring but scientifically proven) is pheromones.
Hmmm
Lord of the Board

Post by Hmmm »

The teaching of reincarnation is flawed from the start. If you're good you come back as a human but of higher stature, if you we're bad you come back as a bug or animal etc. So that would mean all humans living today would be better and better. What do we see with humanity? Constant improvent? Degradation? People are getting sicker, dumber and less well off as a whole.

This would be the opposite result of the teaching of reincarnation. I know there are many more facets to this teaching but this was intended as a nut shell post
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
Sneaksuit
Board Meister

Post by Sneaksuit »

Hmmm wrote:The teaching of reincarnation is flawed from the start. If you're good you come back as a human but of higher stature, if you we're bad you come back as a bug or animal etc.

This is only one notion of reincarnation.

Hmmm wrote:So that would mean all humans living today would be better and better. What do we see with humanity? Constant improvent? Degradation? People are getting sicker, dumber and less well off as a whole.

Actually people are getting better off as a whole - there is less war, rape, murder and all other forms of violence; they live much longer; and have been getting much smarter (Pinker, 2011).

Some say that kids generally lose their past life intuition by the age of four, especially in the west where they're discouraged from voicing it. There are some interesting websites and videos on Youtube about it.
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber

Post by grammafreddy »

As a kid, I had some strange "powers" that I grew out of by about 10 years old. TG - they were horrid. I never discount what young children think they know or have experienced.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
barberhouse
Fledgling

Post by barberhouse »

Hmmm wrote:The teaching of reincarnation is flawed from the start. If you're good you come back as a human but of higher stature, if you we're bad you come back as a bug or animal etc. So that would mean all humans living today would be better and better. What do we see with humanity? Constant improvent? Degradation? People are getting sicker, dumber and less well off as a whole.

This would be the opposite result of the teaching of reincarnation. I know there are many more facets to this teaching but this was intended as a nut shell post

Wow.. I did not know there was set rules for reincarnation. lol..

What I have surmised over the past couple years is that life is cyclical..I do not have memories of past lives. My nature is of a Druid(Another story) which is how I have unknowingly lived my life
I only have what I deduce through logic.. Logically a 3 year old can't sing the French national anthem.. Unless they had been exposed to it.. Again.. Recently while in the waiting room of the walkin clinic. I had a talked to a lady and her 2 and half year old girl. I had to get some stitches. The mother make a comment that I regrettably never got to talk to her about. That her daughter had a medical background,, I was wondering if it was a previous life thing.. The gilrl was quite keen on my injury and really wanted to see the wound..
barberhouse
Fledgling

Post by barberhouse »

grammafreddy wrote:As a kid, I had some strange "powers" that I grew out of by about 10 years old. TG - they were horrid. I never discount what young children think they know or have experienced.

Define "Wierd powers"

I have predictive dreams.. I have had them since I was a kid.. I never remember my dreams.. When I do remember them I will have some event happen in my life. Ironically I dreamt about something happening to me two weeks before I cut myself and going to the walk in clinic and meeting the 2 and a half year old.. Weird Stuff..

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”