If I were the devil

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Re: If I were the devil

Post by averagejoe »

WeatherWoman wrote: instead of looking with in and choosing to be in high moral standing.

New Age Law – Inner Truth

In New Age law, all authority resides within the individual. If each of us is a God and God is each of us, we can decide the legality of an action only be getting in touch with our inner God. Thus, each of us acts as our own legal authority, and any manifestation of outside authority hinders our communication with our godhood.

Figures....
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
WeatherWoman
Wicked Witch of the West Coast

Post by WeatherWoman »

God isn't apart of any of my beliefs.

And just becuase I don't think we need religion to have morals you choose to put me in a catagory I don't even follow.
"It takes a village to raise a fool." ~ Dan Mangan
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

WeatherWoman wrote:God isn't apart of any of my beliefs.

And just becuase I don't think we need religion to have morals you choose to put me in a catagory I don't even follow.

Read my posting about your comment of looking with in? Maybe you don't understand?
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

WeatherWoman wrote:God isn't apart of any of my beliefs.

new age is about being a god with in.......each one who follows the new age is god. That's about inning looking.

1nick
Lord of the Board

Post by 1nick »

Maybe you're the guy you've been warning us about joe.
Trying to trick us into following your "new age" doctrine.
Im not buying any k-mart sneakers and purple satin sheets,you can for get it....
WeatherWoman

Post by WeatherWoman »

Maybe it's you AJ that don't understand. I never said that I had an inner god...but if you feel that you need to catagorize me to feel better about your world then so be it.

I am no more a new agist, than a wiccan, than a christian, than a buddhist...and so forth.

I still believe there is no devil and only people do evil.
Last edited by WeatherWoman on Apr 2nd, 2014, 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

there might not be a devil

but there are evil spirits, that inhabit places where people do bad things, and those
evil spirits can jump on you if you're not careful.

that's a fact.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

1And they came over unto the other side of the sea, into the country of the Gadarenes. 2And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit, 3Who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with chains: 4Because that he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him. 5And always, night and day, he was in the mountains, and in the tombs, crying, and cutting himself with stones. 6But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him, 7And cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not. 8For he said unto him, Come out of the man, thou unclean spirit. 9And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many. 10And he besought him much that he would not send them away out of the country. 11Now there was there nigh unto the mountains a great herd of swine feeding. 12And all the devils besought him, saying, Send us into the swine, that we may enter into them. 13And forthwith Jesus gave them leave. And the unclean spirits went out, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the sea, (they were about two thousand;) and were choked in the sea.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

WeatherWoman wrote:
I am no more a new agist, than a wiccan, than a christian, than a buddhist...and so forth.

Huh?

agist?

verb
[with object]

Take in and feed (livestock) for payment: the dairy farmer might wish to agist lambs after the cows are housed for the winter.

WeatherWoman

Post by WeatherWoman »

Funny, when I google "new agist" I get quite a few references to new agism.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

WeatherWoman wrote:Funny, when I google "new agist" I get quite a few references to new agism.

I just pick the one I did.....

cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

averagejoe wrote:New Age Law – Inner Truth

In New Age law, all authority resides within the individual. If each of us is a God and God is each of us, we can decide the legality of an action only be getting in touch with our inner God. Thus, each of us acts as our own legal authority, and any manifestation of outside authority hinders our communication with our godhood.

Figures....

Not sure where you got that "information" but it is a misrepresentation of what New Age philosophy is about. First off it is not a religion but it assumes that all things in the Universe are party of god and thus are made up of god particles. It says that each individual is god experiencing (in our case) being human. The inner guidance comes from being connected to the goodhood/universe/soul/sourcecollective intelligence, whatever.
Second, there is nothing New about new age philosophy, it is old knowledge that predates the bible by thousands of years.
Actually, there is no single new age movement that anybody belongs to. It is a hodge podge of various philosophies that the religious stick people in because they don't understand why anybody would believe anything other than what they believe in.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

New Age is part of the occult according to Encyclopedia Britannica. Which I have pointed out before that occult new age Queen
Madame Helen Blavatsky had a very heavy hand in starting today's New Age.

Encyclopedia Britannica

New Age movement, movement that spread through the occult and metaphysical religious communities in the 1970s and ʾ80s. It looked forward to a “New Age” of love and light and offered a foretaste of the coming era through personal transformation and healing. The movement’s strongest supporters were followers of modern esotericism, a religious perspective that is based on the acquisition of mystical knowledge.

cliffy1 wrote:Not sure where you got that "information" but it is a misrepresentation of what New Age philosophy is about. First off it is not a religion but it assumes that all things in the Universe are party of god and thus are made up of god particles. It says that each individual is god experiencing (in our case) being human. The inner guidance comes from being connected to the goodhood/universe/soul/sourcecollective intelligence, whatever.
Second, there is nothing New about new age philosophy, it is old knowledge that predates the bible by thousands of years.
Actually, there is no single new age movement that anybody belongs to. It is a hodge podge of various philosophies that the religious stick people in because they don't understand why anybody would believe anything other than what they believe in.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”