Catholic Gay Priests

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
User avatar
Hmmm
Lord of the Board
Posts: 3017
Joined: Jan 6th, 2012, 6:27 pm

Catholic Gay Priests

Post by Hmmm »

His predecessor, Pope Benedict XVI, signed a document in 2005 that said men with deep-rooted homosexual tendencies should not be priests. Francis was much more conciliatory, saying gay clergymen should be forgiven and their sins forgotten.

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2013/07/29/pope-francis-on-gays-who-am-i-to-judge/?hpt=hp_t2

I guess the biggest problem is their gay priests prefer boys. The pope forgot to mention that. Before anyone excuses me of judging, I ask at what point are we allowed to call it as it clearly is? Maybe after 1 million cases?
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
User avatar
steven lloyd
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 19172
Joined: Dec 1st, 2004, 7:38 pm

Re: Catholic Gay Priests

Post by steven lloyd »

Hmmm. Gay men prefer boys as much as heterosexual men prefer little girls.
I think most people know homosexuality is not the same thing as pedophilia.
User avatar
Hmmm
Lord of the Board
Posts: 3017
Joined: Jan 6th, 2012, 6:27 pm

Re: Catholic Gay Priests

Post by Hmmm »

steven lloyd wrote:Hmmm. Gay men prefer boys as much as heterosexual men prefer little girls.
I think most people know homosexuality is not the same thing as pedophilia.

I'm am aware of the difference, the current poop is deflecting the real issue IMO when he talks about homosexual priests. Their church is full of pedophile priests. He should take a bold stand on that issue. He's wagging the dog. I could vomit.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
User avatar
cliffy1
Übergod
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mar 5th, 2011, 12:41 pm

Re: Catholic Gay Priests

Post by cliffy1 »

Hmmm wrote:I'm am aware of the difference, the current poop is deflecting the real issue IMO when he talks about homosexual priests. Their church is full of pedophile priests. He should take a bold stand on that issue. He's wagging the dog. I could vomit.

And what have the protestant churches been doing about pedophile ministers and deacons? The problem is bigger in their churches. Someone is diverting attention away from their own dirty deeds by pointing fingers at others. How about pedophile doctors, dentists, sport coaches, boy scout leaders, etc.?

Unfortunately, pedophilia has been around since the dawn of humans. It does seem to be wired into our DNA, only some act it out. Perhaps there is a pedophile gene that lies dormant in most people. Who knows? Sure as heck wasn't invented by the church. It exists in all societies regardless of religious or political affiliations.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
User avatar
Glacier
The Pilgrim
Posts: 35518
Joined: Jul 6th, 2008, 10:41 pm

Re: Catholic Gay Priests

Post by Glacier »

Just because someone is diddling little boys doesn't mean they prefer children. It could be a case of men letting their hormones and desires overcome their thoughts and actions, and since they are prohibited from having sex with adults, they get what they can get.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
User avatar
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber
Posts: 28548
Joined: Mar 17th, 2007, 10:52 am

Re: Catholic Gay Priests

Post by grammafreddy »

It is my belief the whole Catholic Church has been a haven for homosexuals since its earliest beginnings - rather than have the people know they are gay, they go into the church organization. I include both men and women. Those who aren't gay have been using the nunneries as houses of prostitution, both for the priests as well as for members of their flock who voice confessions about straying from their wives or expressing thoughts of doing so. The church priests told the men to go to the nunnery for sex as that was not considered to be "cheating" on their wives. I also think monasteries and cloisters were set up as the perfect place for gays to live amongst themselves without detection.

If the Catholic Church was so dead set against gays and molesting children, one would think they would defrock and excommunicate anyone who broke the rules - but they don't. All they do is move the bad guy to another distant parish and hope like hall his reputation doesn't follow him. In past times, that was easy enough, but in the modern age of technology, word gets around mighty fast - if in fact anyone reports the crap these scumbags get away with. Mostly they are afraid to do so. You almost never hear of a Catholic follower screaming about these people and demanding the priests be fired and wanting apologies and restitution - it gets swept under the rug and kids who tell their parents get shushed and are not believed when they say the priests did bad things to them or to other kids.

Do I despise the Catholic Church? You bet I do. It is so totally beyond me how any sane person can even begin to think the church is holy and wonderful and loving. Maybe I just puke easier than RCC brainwashed folks do. How can they so willingly allow their children to be in the company of such criminals?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
User avatar
Nom_de_Plume
Guru
Posts: 6485
Joined: Mar 7th, 2007, 7:13 am

Re: Catholic Gay Priests

Post by Nom_de_Plume »

grammafreddy wrote:It is my belief the whole Catholic Church has been a haven for homosexuals since its earliest beginnings - rather than have the people know they are gay, they go into the church organization. I include both men and women.

um ok, I'm not discounting this, but really where else were gay people supposed to go? homosexuality had been illegal for centuries.
Keep in mind though, homosexuality and pedophillia are not the same thing.
Now if you'd said the catholic church had been a haven for pedophiles then you might be onto something.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
~ Terry Pratchett
User avatar
grammafreddy
Chief Sh*t Disturber
Posts: 28548
Joined: Mar 17th, 2007, 10:52 am

Re: Catholic Gay Priests

Post by grammafreddy »

Nom_de_Plume wrote:um ok, I'm not discounting this, but really where else were gay people supposed to go? homosexuality had been illegal for centuries.
Keep in mind though, homosexuality and pedophillia are not the same thing.
Now if you'd said the catholic church had been a haven for pedophiles then you might be onto something.


Well, they didn't ALL join the church. Some were courtiers, some were artists and musicians and writers. Some were quite open about it and some weren't. Some were castrated and used by royalty as servants and by the church as choir singers since women were not allowed to sing in church. The castrato filled those higher voice ranges and the boys were castrated before puberty before their voices changed - and before they were able to have any say in whether they wanted to lose their family jewels. Many RC parents believed being a castrato in the church choirs was a mighty fine thing and they viewed it as an exulted family honour so sought actively to have their sons castrated so they would be accepted.

The only known recordings of a castrato singer ...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... leaned.ogg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... reschi.ogg



I do know that homosexuality and pedophilia are different (but they could be present in one person, male or female). I am absolutely willing to add the RCC is a haven for pedophiles - which it is IMO.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
We are a generation of idiots - smart phones and dumb people.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
User avatar
Hmmm
Lord of the Board
Posts: 3017
Joined: Jan 6th, 2012, 6:27 pm

Re: Catholic Gay Priests

Post by Hmmm »

When the Pope excommincates all these disgusting pediphile priests, that'll be a day that.......oh, never mind , that'll never happen. Evil won't purge evil. All catholics should flee while they can. When you attend and support them you also become an accomplice. Am I wrong about that? If a person continues to support such a corrupt institution after having full knowledge of this, they have no excuses, they are part of the problem. Makes sense to me anyhow.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
User avatar
cliffy1
Übergod
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mar 5th, 2011, 12:41 pm

Re: Catholic Gay Priests

Post by cliffy1 »

Hmmm wrote:When the Pope excommincates all these disgusting pediphile priests, that'll be a day that.......oh, never mind , that'll never happen. Evil won't purge evil. All catholics should flee while they can. When you attend and support them you also become an accomplice. Am I wrong about that? If a person continues to support such a corrupt institution after having full knowledge of this, they have no excuses, they are part of the problem. Makes sense to me anyhow.

Although I agree that the church is one of the most corrupt organizations on the planet, You fail to understand how humans work. You are familiar with American patriotism. In spite of the fact that the United States of Aggression is just about the biggest terrorist organizations in the world, Americans have been brainwashed into thinking their country is the greatest country on the planet and no amount of facts will convince them otherwise. Well, catholics are no different. Only those who have escaped can see how brainwashed they have been since early childhood, how the church used terror to seal their allegiance. But then most religions do terrorize their children into being good little followers. Which is why I think exposing children to religious doctrine and dogma is child abuse on a scale equal to that of pedophile priests.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
User avatar
Hmmm
Lord of the Board
Posts: 3017
Joined: Jan 6th, 2012, 6:27 pm

Re: Catholic Gay Priests

Post by Hmmm »

cliffy1 wrote:Although I agree that the church is one of the most corrupt organizations on the planet, You fail to understand how humans work. You are familiar with American patriotism. In spite of the fact that the United States of Aggression is just about the biggest terrorist organizations in the world, Americans have been brainwashed into thinking their country is the greatest country on the planet and no amount of facts will convince them otherwise. Well, catholics are no different. Only those who have escaped can see how brainwashed they have been since early childhood, how the church used terror to seal their allegiance. But then most religions do terrorize their children into being good little followers. Which is why I think exposing children to religious doctrine and dogma is child abuse on a scale equal to that of pedophile priests.

I have no idea how get your conclusions about what I believe or understand. I have a much broader view of these issues than you realize.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”