I think 144,000 Jews are planning on controlling heaven

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Re: I think 144,000 Jews are planning on controlling heaven

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Thinktank wrote:t was not until 1952 that the Watchtower introduced disfellowshipping as now practiced and the following review of the Scriptural principles involved shows that there is no Biblical justification for the extent to which the Watchtower practices this unchristian form of manipulation.

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/disfe ... unning.php

Once again engaging in statements rooted in ignorance of the true facts, and in this instance based on a site that has nothing to do with JW's other than the fact that it's apostates attacking them.

If you have a true desire to understand what disfellowshipping is about, then I'd suggest you read 1 Corinthians chapters 1-4 and if you get the gist of it, you'll have your answer.

Alternately get a JW to explain it to you, as opposed to visiting a biased site and accepting what you see there as truth.

In short the principle involved is that it's imperative to the health of a congregation to keep it spiritually clean.

People don't get disfellowshipped on a whim, and when it does happen it's because they've chosen a course contrary to the christian principles the congregation does its utmost to adhere to.

They have every opportunity to correct their ways and be welcomed back after demonstrating true repentance. I know for a fact as I was married to one.

People have free will and what road they choose to follow determines the outcome.

For a perhaps more modern analogy, you might liken it to the principle of one bad apple spoiling the whole barrel.

If you wish to preserve your apples the bad one needs to be extracted.

In truth it sounds like a far better philosophy to me, than say Catholics, where you can be a shady dipstick all week, then go in on Sunday and after a few Hail Mary's start the process all over again.

Being a JW is a lifestyle, not just a trip to a building once a week.
"Death is life's way of saying you're fired!"
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Hmmm wrote:Ps, if your mentally handicapped some how, please pm and I'll stop the sarcasm.

From the Jehova's Witness official site:

Is the number 144,000 merely symbolic?The answer is indicated by the fact that, after mention of the definite number 144,000, Revelation 7:9 refers to “a great crowd, which no man was able to number.” If the number 144,000 were not literal it would lack meaning as a contrast to the “great crowd.” Viewing the number as literal agrees with Jesus’ statement at Matthew 22:14 regarding the Kingdom of the heavens: “There are many invited, but few chosen.”

Look how the leaders of that religion do a number on the simpletons with their 'logic.'
Basically what the $billion dollar religion is trying to say - the NUMBER 144,000 IS LITERAL BECAUSE IT'S A CONTRAST TO "GREAT CROWD"

Can you believe that? that's the most insane thing I've ever heard.

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1101 ... C000&p=par
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

What the JW leaders from New York are trying to say is this:

there will be exactly 144,000 people in heaven because - get this - it lines up with Jesus words, “There are many invited, but few chosen.”

that's not logical. That's insanity.

If there is a heaven there's going to be a hell of a lot more than 144,000 people in it.

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

So now simply because you don't understand something it's insane. Got it!

I'll give you something to chew on.

Regardless of what flavor of Christian one affiliates themselves with, pretty much all of them to my knowledge, are familiar with something as common as The Lord's Prayer.

I even recall it being recited each morning before school began.

If I were to ask someone to define the term "Kingdom", most would envision a monarchy ruled by a King or Queen, so in effect a government.

So here's the flaw, if everyone believes they are going to heaven, why on earth would the model prayer be praying for God's Kingdom to come on earth?

Matthew 6:10 "Let your kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also upon earth."

I mean come on now, if everyone is in heaven, there's no need for a government down here is there? After all aren't the same ones who believe they are going to heaven, of the belief that Armageddon means the end of the world?

In the Bible God says the world will never be destroyed.
Psalms 104:5 "He has founded the earth upon its established places; It will not be made to totter to time indefinite, or forever."

Now on the other hand, if the plan were to see through God's original purpose for the Earth, which was to have it filled with people whose prospects didn't end in death, but rather life on a paradise earth, then I could see the need for a government down here.

Those 144,000, along with Jesus Christ as their head, are that government. That's what JW's believe, contrary to your take on it.

As long as one simply takes little snippets of info from here and there, without understanding other parts that are connected, and or shed light on the true context of the meaning, there will always continue to be confusion and misinformation.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

From their website :

Jehovah’s Witnesses—Who Are We?
We come from hundreds of ethnic and language backgrounds, yet we are united by common goals.

The JW governing body - all white. That is absolutely amazing. It's even more amazing than the
way they twist logic, to make people think there'll be precisely (literal) 144,000 people in heaven.

they pick and choose whatever they want from the bible - and try to convince people they are God's
only true religion. I've seen some horror stories with that religion and the way they disfellowhip people.
It's no wonder the people of that religion go 'vulgar' on this forum when they get the chance.

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Oh come on, how ancient is that photograph?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Thinktank wrote:they pick and choose whatever they want from the bible

Sums you up quite nicely Thinktank! That must have been on your mind from experience.

You're not interested in any enlightenment or clarification, you're nothing but a forum troll, pretending to have a clue.

You want to be on the receiving end of more fuzzy warm type posts, then reconsider the trolling and posting of nonsense.

I was in fact genuinely attempting to help, but you've now aptly demonstrated that's a waste of time.

Nuff said!

Queen K wrote:Oh come on, how ancient is that photograph?

About the same age as the outdated information repeatedly used to make his argument.

Time I stop feeding this troll.
alexoliversen
Fledgling

Post by alexoliversen »

I am not for Thinktank's argument, or for Lonewolf's argument, but why do people resort to slander in order to promote their own beliefs? It is not a question of the individual but the so called claim which is in question. The problem is such a claim is unprovable.

I myself am not perfect and have made the mistake to confuse the topic and the truth of the message with the reputation of the individual. I have come to the realization although you want to get the best information from the best people, we don't always have that luxury, and more importantly the truth is always true irregardless where it comes from. Thus it is pointless to focus our attention on things which are purely based upon opinion. Only when there are methods and a way to prove these claims are these so called prophecies worth discussing, as these claims tend to be more political than factual.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Thinktank wrote::

Is the number 144,000 merely symbolic?The answer is indicated by the fact that, after mention of the definite number 144,000, Revelation 7:9 refers to “a great crowd, which no man was able to number.” If the number 144,000 were not literal it would lack meaning as a contrast to the “great crowd.” Viewing the number as literal agrees with Jesus’ statement at Matthew 22:14 regarding the Kingdom of the heavens: “There are many invited, but few chosen.”

As you can see from the JW website above, the governing body of that religion, (all older white men) - they don't even bother to use logic when forcing their millions of people to believe the bible the way they insist it should be believed. They think 144,000 is a precise number just because the number 144,000 is a contrast to a different amount of people - great crowd.

14:1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty [and] four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.
I wonder if the JWs think all those people will have a name written literally on their forehead? Will it be printed on the people's forehaed in different fonts? Will it be scribbled on peoples foreheads in felt pens? Or, since the bible clearly says "in" people's foreheads, do the JWs think the names will be carved in the people's foreheads like with a knife? Literally?

I see those poor souls standing on the streets with their Watchtower magazines, full of articles written by different white men from NY, and I can't help feeling sad for them. They're doing things they themselves don't know why, just because some other men told them God wants them to do it. I once washed a guys feet because I thought God wanted me to do it. I'm not making this up. At church one day the men went in one room and the women went into another room, and there was a basin of water on the floor, and each person took their turn washing the feet of the guy sitting next to him. As luck would have it, I washed the feet of the exact person who caused me to lose $20,000. I washed his feet, and he took me to the cleaners. ( I'm not making this up)

Jesus answered, He it is, to whom I shall give a sop, when I have dipped it. And when he had dipped the sop, he gave it to Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon. 27And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, That thou doest, do quickly.

Every church has people who stay in that church, some for twenty or thirty years, and other people who decide to leave the church. This causes some uncomfortable moments when a 'stayer' meets a 'leaver' downtown. In church the stayer is taught that the leaver is 'backslidden.' I was told by a stayer, that I 'turned my back on God' because I don't go to church. But my situation was nothing compared to the JW horror stories I've heard, where the JWs actually force family members to shun other family members who are disfellowshipped or excommunicated.

Below is a picture of Charles Taze Russel's (JW) grave, and another person who millions of people
believe was a prophet - Wm Branham.

I think people should use their own brain, and use logic when deciding to what extent they want to be religious.
Attachments
I think people should use their own brain, and use logic when deciding to what extent they want to be religious - not follow along with millions of other5 clueless people.
I think people should use their own brain, and use logic when deciding to what extent they want to be religious - not follow along with millions of other5 clueless people.

Donald G
Buddha of the Board

Post by Donald G »

I think a number of religious groups plan to have their 'armies' of 144,000 to fight it out for control of heaven. Mans stupidity knows no bounds.

Over 2000 gods have likely come and gone since *bleep* sapien sapien first learned to walk upright somewhere in the great rift valley in Africa. But until the first century CE none of them were ever told about the 144,000.

IMO where we go after we die is the same place we came from before we were born, but each to their own as long as they do not infringe on my right to make my own choices.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

The problem with Christians of all denominations today is that they look at Biblical prophecy from a Eurocentric perspective. In reality the Bible was written from a middle-eastern perspective. For example, the Book of Daniel has a story in which Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon, has a dream about future kingdoms. The dream was specific to the area, showing the kingdoms that would rule in the future what was Babylon at the time. Much to the chagrin of Westerners there was no mention of the greatest (largest) Empire the world has ever known, the British Empire (though this doesn't stop modern day preachers from propagating the rise of the Eurocentric "Revived Roman Empire"). There was no mention of the great Eastern empires either, nor other infamous leaders seeking world domination - the likes of Genghis Khan, Stalin, or Hitler. The reason is, of course, none of these powers ever controlled Babylon.

What this has to do with the 144,000, I do not know, but chances are most people have an incorrect interpretation of what that means/refers to as well.

Source: God's War on Terror by Walid Shoebat
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Thinktank »

Queen K wrote:Oh come on, how ancient is that photograph?

Here's amore recent one.

can you imagine - these guys claim to be God's only one true religion on earth.
and they brainwash their followers into thinking only they know what the future will be like.

LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Deafening silence in regards to the "all white guys" remark. ROFLMAO
tommythecat
Fledgling

Post by tommythecat »

LoneWolf_53 wrote: ROFLMAO

Ummm, can you spell that out please? Or use proper english?
Positive energy activates constant elevation
LoneWolf_53
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LoneWolf_53 »

Google is your friend.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”