Immortals and beings who live like gods.

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
alexoliversen
Fledgling

Immortals and beings who live like gods.

Post by alexoliversen »

Do you believe that ancient beings live among us? Even in the bible Abraham and other spiritual beings have lived for hundreds of years, has anyone ever lived past 500 yeras? There are places to travel to which reveal mysteries which are hard to solve. Thank you for your time.
Thinktank
Walks on Forum Water

Re: Immortals and beings who live like gods.

Post by Thinktank »

You are asking some big questions about religion.

This shows you are in serious trouble. it much better to go buy
some pizza and enjoy life.
WHEN WILL WESTERN WAR PIGS WIND THIS UKRAINIAN GENOCIDE DOWN?????????????

"Fisman's Fraud" - most important Canadian book of 2024. covid fear tactics of fraudulent scientist David Fisman - misinformation distributed by U of Toronto researchers.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Thinktank wrote:You are asking some big questions about religion.

You should practise what you preach.

As to the OP, I don't believe any of it.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by A_Britishcolumbian »

pizza is most assuredly FOTG. :)
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

alexoliversen wrote:Do you believe that ancient beings live among us? Even in the bible Abraham and other spiritual beings have lived for hundreds of years, has anyone ever lived past 500 yeras? There are places to travel to which reveal mysteries which are hard to solve. Thank you for your time.

Well there's this guy for one

In all seriousness though, probably just Keanu Reeves. http://keanuisimmortal.com/
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
jimsenchuk
Lord of the Board

Post by jimsenchuk »

Thinktank wrote:You are asking some big questions about religion.

Learn to forgive tank, your life will be much better.
The only effective answer to organized greed is organized labor.
annexi
Board Meister

Post by annexi »

It all depends how you define ancients and immortals, along with your take on what happens to consciousness after one dies a physical death. If in fact the ego discovers a way to extend its experience of consciousness after death (eg. Think of Egyptian mummies and the purpose of that practice) then yes ancients exist in a state of consciousness that is non physical in nature.

If you mean actual 500 year old people then I'd say no, biology precludes that possibility.
Even when it's bad it's good. More cowbell.
A_Britishcolumbian
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by A_Britishcolumbian »

alexoliversen, i was thinking about henrietta just now and recalled this thread.

http://henriettalacksfoundation.org/

whether you would consider her to be 'living like a god' i do not know, but she is living, and all indications are that she will not stop doing so.
I'm not worried what I say, if they see it now or they see it later, I said it. If you don't know maybe that would hurt you, I don't know. You should know though, so you don't get hurt, so you know what side to be on when it happens.
T.Tsarnaev
alexoliversen
Fledgling

Post by alexoliversen »

What about resurrection or reincarnation and rebirth? Well, I have seen doppelgängers - people who look like another person. Maybe they are just people in cosplay but some of them sure look real! I still haven't figured out the hairy Neanderthal guy walking around yet... but wait till you see them in real life!

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”