Christians and supernatural events

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Thinktank
Guru

Christians and supernatural events

Post by Thinktank »

Edited to make easier to understand

The bible says 'signs and wonders' shall follow those that believe. That means miracles
and supernatural things. I think the reason there are so many fanatical Christians out there - they
all saw some stupid little supernatural thing, and they assume that means their religion has something to do with it.

For example a guy sitting in church might open his bible to page 10 and the next thing that happens
is the priest or pastor tells everyone to open their bible to page 10 - the guy freaks out and thinks that
was a 'sign and wonder' and it means he's doing the right thing. I bet if we asked everyone who attends a church religiously
they will all have a weird story like that to tell.

What I'm saying is - that is wrong. I'm saying people should not be looking for weird little coincidences
to get excited about. This is what I'm saying - Be honest. Mind your own business. Read the bible if you want, but
don't go looking for supernatural things - it could blow up in your face.

Please, Please, Please get one, two, three, four, and maybe five doses of the quickly developed most fanatically promoted dirt cheap $1.00 thing in human history - the DREADED COVID VACCINE! "It's Just Like a Drivers License"
Glacier
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Christians and supernatural events

Post by Glacier »

Well you're a true believer for sure then because I see nothing by signs and wonders following you. That would be, "I wonder what the heck that post was about?" and "whatever you're smoking, sign me up."
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous"

I've never taken signs and wonders to mean miracles and supernatural events, though I suppose people have experienced that.

There is a term for the habit of searching for divine meaning in every little thing, I can't remember what it is.

For most people of faith, the signs that God is working in our lives are made plain to us. No Burning Bush moment. They can always be dismissed as coincidence, of course.

And how many fanatical Christians are there anyway? The problem is the moderate ones keep to themselves, and it's easy to forget about them.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Not everyone's tool belt includes an Occam's razor.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Dec 10th, 2015, 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: off topic

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”