Jews and Jesus

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Re: Jews and Jesus

Post by maryjane48 »

i read the credentials but they are not archelogists , they theoligens sp. lol and if i wanted to know what they study i would consult them , of course they disagree , it conflicts with what they tell people .
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

lakevixen wrote:i read the credentials but they are not archelogists , they theoligens sp. lol and if i wanted to know what they study i would consult them , of course they disagree , it conflicts with what they tell people .

The funny thing about theologians is that every denomination has their own. They only study their particular slant on the bible. They have no idea about the history of the book or of ancient religions on which they are based. They cannot see the connection, the continuum the influences their story.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

i think they see it but because reality tells a different story , they have to keep the same story line going . i wonder what the average roman thought when they switched from zeus and diana to jesus and virgin mary his mom . it must have been a shock to go from flying horses and lightning throwing gods to a guy with a beard long hair saying love everyone .

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”