A Creator is Evident

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
streetpreacherj
Posts: 2
Joined: Apr 28th, 2015, 12:08 pm

A Creator is Evident

Post by streetpreacherj »

Everything we look at in nature, in the universe, is an intelligent design, Created. Logical reasoning 101, there must be an all knowing Creator or God.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 20156
Joined: Jan 29th, 2008, 8:42 pm

Re: A Creator is Evident

Post by Donald G »

To streepreacher ...

There is absolutely no evidence or proof for your theory. It is a conclusion lacking any evidence but if it makes you feel better the by all means "go for it" as long as you give others the same right to live with their beliefs.

In many ways humans disprove your theory of intelligent design, especially the human mind as it relates o emotion over intellect.
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2993
Joined: Sep 24th, 2013, 6:46 am

Re: A Creator is Evident

Post by Farmmaa »

streetpreacherj wrote:Everything we look at in nature, in the universe, is an intelligent design, Created. Logical reasoning 101, there must be an all knowing Creator or God.


There is actually very little in the way of 'intelligent design' in nature and especially in the universe.
If one was to truly think realistically and logically it is all too obvious.

Yes, everything found around us was created, so to speak - by millions and millions of years of change, growth, survival, death, mutation and evolution.
The universe, and the earth itself are constantly changing in, realistically, a rather violent manner.
Earthquakes, volcanoes, fault lines, explosions, collisions, births and deaths of stars and organisms.

Logic, based on scientific proof, suggests that - no, nothing simply happened randomly - but rather evolved from one form to another in order to adapt and fit in to it's place....a place that is ever shifting.

That's the amazing part of our world. To suggest that it was all simply designed this way by some higher power actually diminishes the wonder.
Donald G
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 20156
Joined: Jan 29th, 2008, 8:42 pm

Re: A Creator is Evident

Post by Donald G »

To Farmmaa ...

The only part of your post that I disagree with is that without energy to hold it together everything we see in nature would disintegrate back into chaos. To a large extent that is what happens when we disintegrate after we die.

Evolutionary advances are a matter of nature making 1000 DNA reproduction errors which results in on one mutation designing a plant or animal that is stronger or more adapted to the world at that moment in time. That mutation then takes over from previous mutations until the next "natural selection" DNA life determining event occurs.
User avatar
zzontar
Guru
Posts: 8868
Joined: Oct 12th, 2006, 9:38 pm

Re: A Creator is Evident

Post by zzontar »

Farmmaa wrote:
Yes, everything found around us was created, so to speak - by millions and millions of years of change, growth, survival, death, mutation and evolution.


How about the dragonfly... probably the most advanced flying creature on the planet and possibly the first. Kind of like saying you can make a Bugatti before a Model T.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2993
Joined: Sep 24th, 2013, 6:46 am

Re: A Creator is Evident

Post by Farmmaa »

zzontar wrote:
How about the dragonfly... probably the most advanced flying creature on the planet and possibly the first. Kind of like saying you can make a Bugatti before a Model T.


There are a lot of species of plants and animals that didn't ever do a whole lot of evolving or changing because the form they were in, worked. But, it's certainly not that they haven't changed.
Perhaps, in form and shape, they appear very similar, they are far from the originals.
Scientific studies have shown that for many so called 'living fossils', their actual DNA has changed dramatically.

The design of a Dragonfly worked, it helped it survive and continue it's lineage...but today's insects are hardly the same as their prehistoric cousins, who were a foot and a half long and had a wing span of more than two feet. So yeah, a bit of evolution there.

The same holds true for all 'surviving' insects and invertebrates ...although very similar in shape and function, they are far from the same critters. We no long see eight foot long Millipedes or Centipedes that exceed three feet in length.

It's really not so difficult to believe, or understand, why certain species remained so similar to their ancestors. Their form and function happened to work well and they were able to adapt to changing climate and landscapes with very little evolution in their form.

Not magical design....just science.
User avatar
JLives
Buddha of the Board
Posts: 19039
Joined: Nov 27th, 2004, 10:53 am

Re: A Creator is Evident

Post by JLives »

Indeed, sharks and crocodiles are also good examples of this.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2993
Joined: Sep 24th, 2013, 6:46 am

Re: A Creator is Evident

Post by Farmmaa »

Donald G wrote:To Farmmaa ...

The only part of your post that I disagree with is that without energy to hold it together everything we see in nature would disintegrate back into chaos. To a large extent that is what happens when we disintegrate after we die.
.


I don't actually recall saying anything contrary to this Donald ?
User avatar
Hmmm
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2957
Joined: Jan 6th, 2012, 6:27 pm

Re: A Creator is Evident

Post by Hmmm »

Image Move along folks, nothing AMAZING to see here, just in accident according to really smart people.
I thought you said your dog doesn't bite....That's not my dog.
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2993
Joined: Sep 24th, 2013, 6:46 am

Re: A Creator is Evident

Post by Farmmaa »

LOL...that's funny, really.
Because nature and the universe is full of wonder and beautiful things...and yes, even patterns and shapes....it must be evidence of a magical creator. :135:

I find it sad that people can not find the magic in the beauty of our world without having to reason that some powerful being in the sky created it.
Try to just find it amazing because nature is an amazing thing.

Wind currents, biology, botany, physics, chemistry, weather patterns, astrology....everything that created these patterns, shapes and layers...science.
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2993
Joined: Sep 24th, 2013, 6:46 am

Re: A Creator is Evident

Post by Farmmaa »

Was this divine creator high for this one ??
Or, is it your idea of perfect design ?
Scientia-platypus-swimming.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2993
Joined: Sep 24th, 2013, 6:46 am

Re: A Creator is Evident

Post by Farmmaa »

And, more evidence of perfect celestial design here on earth...

http://io9.com/5841540/10-of-the-worlds ... y-kill-you

Honey-Locust-tree.jpg


And, lets not forget the species like Pandas and Koalas who can only survive on one type of food source....that was a great design right there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah
Posts: 2993
Joined: Sep 24th, 2013, 6:46 am

Re: A Creator is Evident

Post by Farmmaa »

Imperfect Design- http://www.iampleasant.com/2013/12/the- ... evolution/

Really crappy Design plan -
tectonic_map.jpg


Not such a great Design -
worldseis.jpg


Another big designer screw up - Cover 3/4 of the Earth with water. Make almost 98% of that Salt Water. Provide all land creatures with a lousy 2.5% 'fresh water' supply...oh, but wait - only 0.37% of that fresh water is actually potable.

It is really amusing when people suggest that the earth is such a perfect design that there just has to be a creator.

If there was...he really wasn't all that good at it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
zzontar
Guru
Posts: 8868
Joined: Oct 12th, 2006, 9:38 pm

Re: A Creator is Evident

Post by zzontar »

Farmmaa wrote:And, lets not forget the species like Pandas and Koalas who can only survive on one type of food source....that was a great design right there.

That seems to have worked since there's been Pandas and Koalas... so what's the problem?
Last edited by oneh2obabe on Dec 13th, 2015, 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed quote.
They say you can't believe everything they say.
User avatar
zzontar
Guru
Posts: 8868
Joined: Oct 12th, 2006, 9:38 pm

Re: A Creator is Evident

Post by zzontar »

Farmmaa wrote:
Another big designer screw up - Cover 3/4 of the Earth with water. Make almost 98% of that Salt Water. Provide all land creatures with a lousy 2.5% 'fresh water' supply...oh, but wait - only 0.37% of that fresh water is actually potable.

It is really amusing when people suggest that the earth is such a perfect design that there just has to be a creator.

If there was...he really wasn't all that good at it.


Before man came along, what was the problem with all the water... were there mass overpopulations of dehydrated animals wandering around?
They say you can't believe everything they say.

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”