Why do atheists claim that Daniel is a forgery?

Is there a god? What is the meaning of life?
Poindexter
Guru

Re: Why do Atheists Claim that Daniel is a Forgery?

Post by Poindexter »

Removed myself. Deserving but irrelevant.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

cliffy1 wrote:Not only is the entire bible a forgery, it is a plagiarized forgery. Not only that, but there are as many interpretations of the various passages as there are people. Couple all that with mis-translations, omitted and changed passages and political shenanigans by various popes and kings and you have a book that doesn't even resemble the original plagiarized forgery. There are probably a million books out there with far more spiritually accurate and useful information, I really don't understand the fixation with this silly book.

Daniel was written 250 years before Alexander the Great's conquering of the Persian Empire...

This throws out your whole theory that the Romans wrote the Holy Bible to control people..... :200:
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

Thor Heyerdahl Says: “Our lack of knowledge about our own past is appalling.
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

averagejoe wrote:Waiting...... :138:

Kinda pointless to discuss this with you. Just because you found one historical fact or more doesn't prove anything about its validity. Historical novels are fiction based on fact.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Of course you don't want to discuss any ancient history! You lost every discussion we've had! :fence:

By the way...The Greek and current world history name for the Persian King of Kings is Xerxes.

The ancient people of Persian knew him as Ahasuerus.

Lo and behold...the Same as the Bible. Go figure eh!

Book of Esther 1:1 B.C. 485

Wow! Another Biblical fact.... :1422:
Ecclesiastes 10:2 A wise man's heart is at his right hand; but a fool's heart at his left.

averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

cliffy1 wrote:Kinda pointless to discuss this with you. Just because you found one historical fact or more doesn't prove anything about its validity. Historical novels are fiction based on fact.

There are a lot more Biblical facts you ignore....I'm waiting for you to make some more uneducated comments. :smt045

cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

averagejoe wrote:Daniel was written 250 years before Alexander the Great's conquering of the Persian Empire...

This throws out your whole theory that the Romans wrote the Holy Bible to control people..... :200:

The Romans were familiar with history. They weren't stupid. Throw in a couple of historical facts and the sheeple will eat it up. That is why they were able to control a major part of their world. And, the Roman empire never fell. They consolidated their holdings and formed the Roman Catholic Church with massive real estate holdings all over the world, a goodly portion of all the money and many businesses. They also gave the world the bible, Just because some Anglo-Saxon scribes rewrote it and left out 13 books to please some narcissistic king doesn't make it all new and shiny. It is the same book the Catholics handed down abridged and modified.
Trying to get spiritual nourishment from a two thousand year old book is like trying to suck milk from the breast of a woman who has been dead that long.
Ptolemy Soter
Fledgling

Post by Ptolemy Soter »

What a kerfuffle!
I am... the law!
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

Ptolemy Soter wrote:What a kerfuffle!

Not really......some atheists don't know their history. cliffy1 has a hard time.

Ptolemy Soter
Fledgling

Post by Ptolemy Soter »

Indeed. Obviously, much of the Bible is based on earlier information. Certain other parts, we don't know for sure, or is suspicious. Regardless of all that, people need to intently study available information and make their own conclusions if they care so much. Getting involved with arguments like these is generally a waste of time and a bore.
Last edited by Ptolemy Soter on Mar 7th, 2016, 3:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
I am... the law!
maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

lol people calling the rewriting of the bible by romans not a act to control people are living in fantacy land . doesnt matter when daniel was wrote . what matters is it was written by humans and it is what it is , a story just like pinnocio is a story .

the newist story in the long line of fiction is mormanism
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

maryjane48 wrote:lol people calling the rewriting of the bible by romans not a act to control people are living in fantacy land . doesnt matter when daniel was wrote . what matters is it was written by humans and it is what it is , a story just like pinnocio is a story .

the newist story in the long line of fiction is mormanism

So did the Romans write the Bible or rewrote it? Which is it? atheists are confused.....

So prove that Daniel is a forgery.....

maryjane48
Buddha of the Board

Post by maryjane48 »

im not trying to disprove it . it was writtin by humans and thought up by humans same way dr suess wrote a book . there is no question the romans reworked the bible to control the people the ruled and left out a bunch of other works . they made it male dominated for one . and invented the pope to be like a living god with fancy clothes
cliffy1
Übergod

Post by cliffy1 »

averagejoe wrote:So did the Romans write the Bible or rewrote it? Which is it? atheists are confused.....

The one who is confused is you. I am not an atheist and have stated so on many occasions. Just because I don't believe the bible is the word of god or in the god of the bible doesn't make me an atheist. There are thousands of gods and goddesses that people have worshiped and yours is only one of them. The only difference between you and an atheist is they don't believe in one more god than you.
Also, I spent over 40 years studying and comparing different religions, their history and the who, wheres, whens and whys their books were written. So, all of your accusations and attempts to belittle me and what I know only proves that you are not worth talking to. Have a great life. Ignorance is really bliss.
Ptolemy Soter
Fledgling

Post by Ptolemy Soter »

Ptolemy Soter wrote:Indeed. Obviously, much of the Bible is based on earlier information. Certain other parts, we don't know for sure, or is suspicious. Regardless of all that, people need to intently study available information and make their own conclusions if they care so much. Getting involved with arguments like these is generally a waste of time and a bore.

To be clear, "based on" as in "rewritten". I've stated in another thread that the Bible was created for a reason, and that reason has plenty to do with "reviving" a dying empire.

"Indeed" was sarcasm.
I am... the law!
averagejoe
Buddha of the Board

Post by averagejoe »

cliffy1 wrote:Also, I spent over 40 years studying and comparing different religions, their history and the who, wheres, whens and whys their books were written. So, all of your accusations and attempts to belittle me and what I know only proves that you are not worth talking to. Have a great life. Well you must have flunked the history part....:birthday2:

Ignorance is really bliss. Really?

Return to “Religion & Spirituality”